Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

They dont come in over the limit... Not the ones ive seen.

To be honest guys, having handled these, I'm not a fan. The material is .... not very sten line... (its too well made lol) the recessed philis screweheads everywhere also make a bit of a mess.... Battery is evil to get at, requireing an allen key and screw driver in the field... Tbh I'd stick with the VIVA arms... they are the best sten replica to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Firekitten wrote: »
    They dont come in over the limit... Not the ones ive seen.

To be honest guys, having handled these, I'm not a fan. The material is .... not very sten line... (its too well made lol) the recessed philis screweheads everywhere also make a bit of a mess.... Battery is evil to get at, requireing an allen key and screw driver in the field... Tbh I'd stick with the VIVA arms... they are the best sten replica to date.

I thought they were grand, they are both ****e looking and feeling guns, and for a niche market of WW2.

I wouldnt spend the money on the Viva, I'd get the cheaper one, considering they both run lipo and the differences between them are not worth 100-180 euro in the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

tbh both are wrong with incorrect finish, so for the price go with the cheaper one, most people would not be able to tell the differance, can anyone confirm 100% that these have a working hop up unlike the viva run? i;ve seen conflicting information and i believe there may be a few versions floating around

In the ones I had over my desk Puding, yes, they had ajustable hop (twisted ak unit)

Tbh i prefer the look of the viva... its more accurate in build and apearance of the two... as for 'going for the cheapest' well ok... your call. But I've always been one for the best look and best working.

The Agms I cronoed came in at 95m/s ish.... 320 or so....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Both are almost identical in the way their are built. the AGM is better made with a superior gearbox. the vivas was nice when it was the only sten available but it needs shimming straight out of the box. the motor isnt adjustable and the trigger is a soft pot metal that bends slightly as you pull it. the AGM one is thicker and the gearbox is much better.
    Good bit cheaper aswell. :)

• Advertisement

if the viva got round to putting a hop up in there version i may have convinced me to go with it, but even with that i can not hand on heart say that the viva is 200euros+ better than the agm version

mm, the viva trigger is steel richie... atleast in v2s... they also have hop now too puding.

Tbh, i dislike the performance of the agm comparatively... it doesnt 'feel' as good from using a viva to testing the agm. My personal opinion, and hey, you can hold a different one hon, is that I'd take the viva over the agm (Which IS built differently)...

I dislike them, Didn't say they were utter rubbish, or not woth it. Good cheap entry to ww2 british guns... and cudos to agm for making it... However, the other is nicer...

mm, the viva trigger is steel richie... atleast in v2s... they also have hop now too puding

i had heared and read about a v2 viva and seen both version, but first i heared about some with a ajustable hop up, luck you

the v2s have ajustable hop, the v1s dont... the person i know with one has a v1, tbh the trigger is fine in that too... never seen a problem, hop is literally to keep the bb in, but im sorting that with some epoxy, a saw, and some luck :P

• Advertisement

im surprised you did not notice then those new eotech clones where released on px a few weeks back, they look nice, the stepped hood is a bit more accurate to the real 556/557 but the front was not look to be correct, unlike the other 556 replica that has the correct front but incorrect hood it would seem, you can never win :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Puding wrote: »
    im surprised you did not notice then those new eotech clones where released on px a few weeks back, they look nice, the stepped hood is a bit more accurate to the real 556/557 but the front was not look to be correct, unlike the other 556 replica that has the correct front but incorrect hood it would seem, you can never win :)

Buy one of each and cannibalise one for the correct part :)

Oh dont tell him that... he will now :rolleyes:

Yeah i think i saw them a few weeks ago puding, but they werent in stock at the time as far as i can remember. i usually wont post something if its one of those "coming soon2 kinda things unless it something particularly interresting., :)

Speaking of airsoft news, That dragunov wood kit we were talking about the other week, I had a look at it yesterday and its actually very nice. :) the finish is a bit glossey but the wood itself is lovely and nicely finished. :)

Buy one of each and cannibalise one for the correct part

stop that :p im bad enought at doing that when it comes to anything eastern block related, please don;t get me started on the western end as well:eek: the fiance would kill me

i may have seen the eotechs then a bit latter than that as they where in stock at the time, the svd wood is along the same lines as the majority of acm wood kits out there, finish is off but couple of hours with sandpaper and a refinish and you can get some exeptional results, when mine finaly turns up from within the black hole we call the postal system will have to have a play

The A&K M60 VN, :)

IMG_3804resize.jpg

IMG_3806resize.jpg

IMG_3812resize.jpg

IMG_3816resize.jpg

Its looking very promising and its supposed to have the same gearbox as the MK43 from the same maker instead of the silly V3 they used in the Inokatsu one.

Thank god i didnt go ahead and blow that much money on the Ino, "im a lead farma muthaf^%*a!"

:D

i've had the money for this baby in my bank for some time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Wow, looks the business. :eek:

Now this is one I could go for. Any release / arrival dates or still in production?

I assume about the same price as the other?

Tony knows all about them, but has been withholding the information from myself up until last week., :D better asking over on his own thread or a PM but i think they are with in full production and ready to go at the moment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Richie theres no word to describe how much I hate right now!

• Advertisement

haha.

Yeah ive been really looking forward to it. i have a load of upgrades already on the way for mine and i dont even have it yet., :D

This is coming soon to ebaybanned,

laser%20552%20cover%20promotopn.jpg

guy over on arnies already has one some better pictures

DSC_0368.jpg
    DSC_0370.jpg

Cool isnt it.,:)

I never saw that type before now.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

In general, what's the quality like on those replica holosights? I've come across reviews that said they were excellent and others are junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Very hit and miss. I got 3 off ebaybaned that were perfect, and a 553 replica off rsov that was dead out of the box.

It's unlikely you'll see a bad one these days other than the odd quality control issue, the main problem with a lot of the older ones was the adjustment screws not working and ghosting on the lens. I haven't seen any Of these issuses withe the newer ones though

heres a bipod for teh SVD just been added on gunner.,
    http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog...67c7fc6f7415f5

considering the real ones are 300usd....yes..... yes................YES PLEASE :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Ops-core fast bump helmet (i say that in a smug tone, checking to make sure you know what it is)....actually, ahem, i have no clue...nare a one...

but at a tender 671 dollars, yes you read that right...671 (i assume its an error)

ops-ht-fhbu-mc-ml_1_mark_1.jpg

Advertisement