Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Its a skate boarding helmet ffs!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Yeah but it makes you able to do kick flips mid game and 740 turns jumping out the window in HRTA.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

Redwolf 10% on sytema ptw and ptw parts..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Temptation increases yet again.

I've a few people in touch with me from Berget wanting to shift their very nice rifles on me, though I'd need to take out a loan for one. Remember those ads where students would tell the bank manager something, then subtitles says something else

" I need 3 grand for my college fees "
    ** I want to buy a Systema to brap noobs lolz**

I'm still researching in very fine detail in forums/sites worldwide, because i dont want to make the investment without having some sort of fallback should the thing break(which seems a rarity)

But the whole " Systema are gone from airsoft" is leaving me feeling concerned and ultimatly bottling it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭moggser

Masada wrote: »
    Yeah but it makes you able to do kick flips mid game and 740 turns jumping out the window in HRTA.,

I wonder would it protect your noggin from a floggin when ya break your bollix
    while gettin your Tony Hawk on in H.R.T.A

know all i need is a clone susat or even a decent susat..

galil is nice as well :) work thumb selector switch yay
    ICS: Galil & L86A2 debut!
    News from ICS. Both new products will arrive in value packs, so hurry:

The best fire support for ICS Galil & L86A2. Free value packs for ICS Galil & L86A2, these value packs go fast, get one when these are still available!

http://www.icsbb.com/Edm/L86&galil/EN/

ics_news_2409.jpg

pts magul sling
    Magpul PTS: MS2 sling
    More from Magpul PTS - MS2 sling:

Dear all,

Magpul PTS Green Label (Magpul PTS X Beta Project) MS2 Sling which is specially design for Airsoft Rifle/Carbine. It is manufactured by Beta Project (under license).

This item for Airsoft Only and not recommend to use in real firearms. It is available outside US only.

Regards

Magpul PTS

magpulpts_greenlabel_sling_2409.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

i love how the galil is now apparently an lsw because it has a bipod... good old ICS misunderstanding everything

Though looks like thier l86a2 is a visual improvement on the l85a2

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

ah sure support weapns have gone to the dogs
    look at the IAR
    its basically just an m4 with open bolt fireing but its a replacment for the m249

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

You might want to get onto the mods if you wish to advertise.

• Advertisement

gotta say that an xm8 looks nice in tan:P

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

@gmail....very professional there:rolleyes:

@gmail....very professional there:rolleyes:
    Leave off the fella.... Not every retailer starts at the dizzying hights of highstreet airsoft stores.
    A lot of the irish stores you consider 'professional' that started just as humbly. Judge not by what someone starts out as, but what they make it into.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Temptation increases yet again.

I've a few people in touch with me from Berget wanting to shift their very nice rifles on me, though I'd need to take out a loan for one. Remember those ads where students would tell the bank manager something, then subtitles says something else

" I need 3 grand for my college fees "
    ** I want to buy a Systema to brap noobs lolz**

I'm still researching in very fine detail in forums/sites worldwide, because i dont want to make the investment without having some sort of fallback should the thing break(which seems a rarity)

But the whole " Systema are gone from airsoft" is leaving me feeling concerned and ultimatly bottling it
    The things break quite often Doc, Especially 08 and 09 models, the last and most prolific in stock. If you can find an 07 model they are quite good for the systemas, but the guns overall range and accuracy is dire for the price...

If i were to drop a grand on an assault rifle, id expect it to aim for me... not something thats on a par with a Dboys m4 in combat terms. Gucci... lovely, practical? improve your game? Nah

Some nice grips on RSOV at the moment.., :) 3 different types on there.,
    http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3917
    kit_0280.jpg

Forgot to add the other pics eariler, here they are. :)

kit_0279.jpg

kit_0278.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Those second ones are nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

have not seen these in a while, cant remember who used to build these, but for 28 dollars on px-airsoft, it seems like good value...particularly for those going to berget or those of us who always seem to be one hand short with v2 gearboxes...

b_1251389669000000540.jpg

you could always just place a magnet under the gearbox when you open it... Look mommy! no hands!

you could always just place a magnet under the gearbox when you open it... Look mommy! no hands!

and how would that be relevant to a quick change spring, quick change would always be more convenient than opening the gearbox fully

• Advertisement

as you'd have to take the gearbox out of the gun anyway, its about 2 seconds effort to open it as oposed to the same mechanism to take out the spring part... after stripping the whole gun to get its gb out, id not pay 28$ for saving about a minute.... I can see it being of benefit in the mp5 perhap, where its acessable. The point of 'quick change' is that its quick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I can see this being handy if you're a mechanical nightmare and can't open a gearbox without sending gears and stuff flying all over the shop. Practise makes perfect though. As FK says in a lot of AEGs actually getting the gearbox out is 80% of the work so I can't see it saving a huge amount of time. Still a nice system though, would have saved me a lot of hassle the first few times I opened up a GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I'll probably still end up buying one, can't imagine it being much more convienient.

as you said m4 maybe not as good, mp5 perfect, and for all those people who may not be as confident opening a gearbox would still be easier, admittedly the star system is far more practical as no need to take the gearbox out but i would not dismiss this, remember people do not necessarily have your confidence and supreme skill with a gearbox

i myself am terrified of going near a gearbox
    especialy after seeing vids of v2s where you have to put presure on the spring and that lark
    one of those yokes would be handy to get into the whole thing

Puding wrote: »
    as you said m4 maybe not as good, mp5 perfect, and for all those people who may not be as confident opening a gearbox would still be easier, admittedly the star system is far more practical as no need to take the gearbox out but i would not dismiss this, remember people do not necessarily have your confidence and supreme skill with a gearbox
    Why thankyou puding, supreme sarcasm aside naturally :)

Yeah, i just think the system is a little overcomplicating... What do you think it will do to the gearbox integrity? under the strain that v2s are, i can see this making a few more fracture quicker...

Gungun: you have to do that to nearly any gearbox frankly... although with a few sneaky cheats like i mentioned above with a magnet holding all the gears and the ever freedom loving anti reversal latch in thier bushings, it frees up your hands to hold the cylinder and spring down as you put things back together or take apart.... Although the number of times ive been hit by spring guides is uncountable...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i have heard of that trick before FK, do you perhaps know where i can get said magnet(s) or is it a particular shape perhaps??. I guess it is something flat to fit underneath the GB. I would be interested in your suggestions here as since i am about to redo a GB i will try it. thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

i have heard of that trick before FK, do you perhaps know where i can get said magnet(s) or is it a particular shape perhaps??. I guess it is something flat to fit underneath the GB. I would be interested in your suggestions here as since i am about to redo a GB i will try it. thanks for the help

These work fine:
    http://www.supermagnetman.net/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=58

These are better again but more expensive:
    http://www.supermagnetman.net/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=224

However the magnets taken out of an old HDD will do just fine. :)

tried the magnet technique, never got on with it myself, but what ever get the job done :) nice links thought for anyone looking to try it

• Advertisement

Magnets dont stick all that well to most gearsets thanks to a low iron content so its a bit pointless. I originally came up with that idea and got dex to pick up a strong magnet for me.
    The reason I used it was for stubborn anti reversal latches and their springs. its not always needed though and in most cases you'll find rotating the gears until the latch engages and then going backward will hold it in well if you know what your doing. Theres also the matter of having the gearbox shell on a flat surface to keep everything stable and having a magnet under there will complicate that.
    A magnet can sometimes hold a spring in place if its a really strong one but i don't fancy relying on that to hold all that pressure, Take your eye off it for a second and it could bite ya in the arse. :)

If ya go for a magnet though, you can get some really strong rare earth neodymium magnets with a 20-40lb lifting capacity on ebay and their quite small. I wouldn't bother though,

Thats a class design of a gearbox though, it'll make things a lot easier when trying to get a nice FPS without being too close to the limit. Very handy too for trips abroad when you dont wanna have to remove everything else off the gun just to remove the spring. No risk of messing up the shims etc, Especially if your doing it in the field :)

Advertisement