Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Used rare earth magnets myself and they do work fairly well, especially for anti-reversal latches in clone gearboxes, the ones i have are just the right height to keep the lower half of the GB shell level with the rounded part of the GB that the spring/piston sits in.
    these yokes are so strong for their size they will stick to anything with a drop of iron in it.

deal extreme have a lesser version of them but they will work ok.

Not always essential but extremely handy when dealing with dirty Chinese guns and very helpful when just starting out working on guns.

Any idea who makes the gearboxes in question?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The axles of the gears are ferrous, I've always used them magnets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah they can have their uses alright., :)
    I never really use mine much, you get the hang of doing it before too long.

Some of them are massively powerful too, I got 2 of them stuck together and litteraly couldn't separate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lost my Neodiniums ages ago, must get more, bloody brilliant fun.

Would love to test them on some USBs some time. Now there's data, now there isnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Masada wrote: »
    I originally came up with that idea and got dex to pick up a strong magnet for me.
    No, you didn't, its been used for about 20 years in airsoft around the world.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that firekitten,
    Ive never really need it, if ya need a magnet your not doing it right. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think I'll grab one of those bad boys ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Firekitten wrote: »
    No, you didn't, its been used for about 20 years in airsoft around the world.

I think he meant he had thought of and tried that before, rather than laying claim to the invention of the magnet on gearbox idea. May as well say you invented the hop up, or screwdrivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the new tm recoil/blowback aks are meant to be cheaper than there existing line as there cutting production costs (normally a bad sign but as in tm i would still have faith in the quality of the product) will be interesting to see what they retail for, I've really enjoyed using one when I've got the chance but never been able to justify 400euros when you can get a full steel LCT for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

FDE Glock? Oddly nice! Plus it's TM... Sold.

VFCs new Scar GBB rifle, Similarly to its soon to be released 416, this seems to be based on a WA GBB platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

recoil looks awesome on that:D

Ebaybanned now have the glock grip laser too,
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/glock-laser-grip-p-2586.html
    glock%2017%20laser%20b.jpg

Bit more news out today,
    Monda wrote:
    Monda Int.: Chrome plated full metal M1911
    News from James (Monda International). By the way, link on our previous news from Monda is now fully funtional:

Chrome Plated Full Metal M1911 Gas Blowback Pistol from Airsoft Elite

M1911 Chrome w /Ivory color grip (AE-028CB)
    M1911 Chrome w /Antlers style grip (AE-028CA)

http://picasaweb.google.com.tw/monda.international/AECustomSelverM1911#

Now Available at MONDA International.

Dealer Welcome.
    monda_stainless_colt_2609.jpg

The new Modify gearbox, this looks vert fancy. :)
    torus_gbox_2609.jpg

And loads of new comms gear coming on ebaybanned,
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/element-h250-military-phone-p-2589.html
    H250%20Military%20Phone.jpg

http://www.ebairsoft.com/element-sordin-style-headset-military-standard-plug-p-2590.html
    Sordin%20Headset.jpg

http://www.ebairsoft.com/element-style-military-standard-plug-version-p-2591.html
    TEA%20PTT%20Military%20Standard%20Version.jpg

http://www.ebairsoft.com/element-tactical-military-standard-plug-version-p-2592.html
    TCI%20Tactical%20PTT%20Military%20Standard%20Version.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

and just after I bought a headset too

Those sordins look deadly for club work... I might be after a pair, know when they are coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i might get the phone headset...looks ideal for the vietnam loadout...

we got some of the new gen 2 element comms gear, have to say very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Magpul PTS Green Label MS2 Sling
    now available on both ehobby and Ebaybanned in tan and black, black one is on route
    pts%20ms2%20sling%20sand.jpgpts%20ms2%20sling%20bk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Horse84

Ares is jumping on the AEG blow back wagon- first with their G36 series:

Brand New Design - "Bolt Blowback" like on the real steel.

• Bolt blowback - Strong recoil action.
    • Quick de-activate bolt blowback action.
    • 7 steel teeth piston.
    • One piece high-strength polymer housing.
    • Fast & easy battery replacement.
    • One piece Outer Barrel
    • Real steel barrel locking system.
    • Bolt function : Lock / Release.
    • Easy power upgrade
    • Real steel folding stock.
    • Translucent magazines.
    • Cal. 6mm BB

ares_aeg_g36blowback_2909.jpg

That should be interesting, I'd love a g36 with a nice finish like the the CA but without being brittle, although if the Tavor is anything to go by I wouldn't expect great things from them.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

That should be interesting, I'd love a g36 with a nice finish like the the CA but without being brittle, although if the Tavor is anything to go by I wouldn't expect great things from them.,

I think the Tavor had problems due to its uniqueness and the fact that they rushed them out a bit to try and meet the huge demand for them. I'd hope that with the likes of a G36 they'll take their time a bit more and get it right, I mean there's already a lot of G36s on the market, so if this one ships minus hop-up wheels etc people will just buy a G36 from a different manufacturer.

The fact that it's blowlack might complicate that though, yet another unique Ares gearbox and potentialy a new batch of problems.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Isn't a lot of Ares stuff just Star with a different name on it? If so I'd imagine the boltback G36 would be an evolution of the Star G36 with some sort of new gearbox in it. I quite like my Star G36 and the finish is pretty nice on it (except that bloody JG pistol grip someone put on it :rolleyes: ).

Your Opinion, many people are satisfied with the Tavor (You can be on the muzzle end of mine any time you want a demonstration sweetie ;)
    Spetzcong wrote: »
    I think the Tavor had problems due to its uniqueness and the fact that they rushed them out a bit to try and meet the huge demand for them. I'd hope that with the likes of a G36 they'll take their time a bit more and get it right, I mean there's already a lot of G36s on the market, so if this one ships minus hop-up wheels etc people will just buy a G36 from a different manufacturer.
    only some batches had problems, and most being sold now, and for a good few months now have been perfect. This is turning into the 'lol ca are crap' routine again... get a grip guys and update your information once in a while before slagging off a gun on what people (mainly one or two here) used to preach.
    Stonewolf wrote: »
    Isn't a lot of Ares stuff just Star with a different name on it? If so I'd imagine the boltback G36 would be an evolution of the Star G36 with some sort of new gearbox in it. I quite like my Star G36 and the finish is pretty nice on it (except that bloody JG pistol grip someone put on it :rolleyes: ).
    No, a lot of star stuff is just Ares....

'ares' as there known know where the oem producer for a long time for star, they like lCT made the choice to start selling directly, i have know idea what the current relationship between ares/star is but ares have started to develop projects (e.g the tavor and there upgraded m60 and l85 etc etc ) that are not avaliable under the star name

That eotech we were talking about the other week is on gunner now and the price is up, 61 dolla., :)
    It has iron sights on it too.
    http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1811&osCsid=745a66271db82bfa493924875f5088c4
    552lasercover-01.JPG
    552lasercover-02.JPG

pittys its just a replacement cover, 60 usd is a little bit high for a laser and a cover hopefully a complete version will be out in the near future

• Advertisement

haha, sh1t, didnt notice that actually, for 60 blips i want the whole eotech, not just the cover. :)

Advertisement