Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

There are users in the world that prefer hicaps. Ireland isnt the only maket, and most likely not the target for this product.

I wonder if Pmag users will bin thiers now to remain gucci?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Why is this a big deal? ArmaLite fans are normally the first to spout the "airsoft is a business" rhetoric. Hahaha :D

Thier 'gucci' is soiled... soiled by popularity....

Ar15 fans in airsoft are like those rather annoying 'music fans' that like a band till it becomes famous, then claim they are crap and useless to look 'new and 'under ground'

Pmags were cool.... now pmags are made by magpull subsiduary magslut... and everyone can have them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Oh God. It's finally happened. This is the end of Airsoft.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/king-arms-360rd-magpul-pts-pmag-for-m4-aeg-series-bk.html

HICAP PMAGS!

Masada's just been found dead, he died of shock

:P

Firekitten wrote: »
    Ar15 fans in airsoft are like those rather annoying 'music fans' that like a band till it becomes famous, then claim they are crap and useless to look 'new and 'under ground'

Kind of ironic considering that 90% of airsoft players use AR15 derivatives of some sort.

Then they had to try to differentiate themselves by sticking (more) bits of plastic to it and calling it "gucci". :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    Kind of ironic considering that 90% of airsoft players use AR15 derivatives of some sort.

Then they had to try to differentiate themselves by sticking (more) bits of plastic to it and calling it "gucci". :P

Oi! I resemble that remark! :p

Nah, most people dont use ar15s.... a lot use aks, g36s, mp5s, etc, theres thousands of variants, ar15s are popular, but i meant the type of user... they treat it like its the best thing since pop tarts, and as soon as others use it, they hate it...
    Originally Posted by gerrowadat viewpost.gif

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/king-arms...series-bk.html

HICAP PMAGS!
    Um, Not everyone really gives a toss about pmags, and i doubt its the end frankly... I doubt airsoft will even notice. I hardly see the things in game myself. Only one or two use em.

Nah, most people dont use ar15s.... a lot use aks, g36s, mp5s, etc, theres thousands of variants, ar15s are popular, but i meant the type of user... they treat it like its the best thing since pop tarts, and as soon as others use it, they hate it...

You'd be surprised. I see a hell of a lot of ArmaLites on the sites I frequent (South Dublin). H&Ks are second. The only AKs I see regularly are rentals unfortunately. :(

It makes me a sad panda.

G36s are a plague in Ireland! they've all gone koch mad!

Mmm, nowhere near enough wood and steel around... everyone should own an ak, prooves you dont need this ris rubbish or special gucci plastic mags to be efficent and deadly...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Mmm, nowhere near enough wood and steel around... everyone should own an ak, prooves you dont need this ris rubbish or special gucci plastic mags to be efficent and deadly...

Most of the eastern european players here use the aks..... (Not a throwing shovel in site though!)

• Advertisement

I do want a rubber spade for that ever necesery flying backflip hatchet attack.... its a hole in the market!

and ja, AK is the m4 of eastern europe... its the most prominent weapon thats iconic.

Its funny, in the real world most dispise the ar15 for combat.

I quite like the H&Ks, though. I still think the G36C is still a bit bandy looking. Like it needs a longer barrel or something.

I second the motion about the steel. Although, I have to say I'll be changing my wood AKS-74 into a plastic AK-74M in the near future... :o No idea whether or not to keep the steel skeleton stock though...
    mcshape wrote: »
    Most of the eastern european players here use the aks..... (Not a throwing shovel in site though!)

We can hope and dream... hope and dream... :cool:

Ebaybanned stock the ak74m side folder stocj... pop the skeleton stock off and stick that one on.... same mount.

Tbh, i prefer aks with wood, its more... iconic and classic looking. The plastic looks so passé and western...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/king-arms-360rd-magpul-pts-pmag-for-m4-aeg-series-bk.html

HICAP PMAGS!

Ahem, PMAG hi-caps been about for a while. Seem to remember tears and nashing of teeth about them before (on Arnies if I remember, seen them for sale on some china shops). Personally I believe they are the work of the Devil (PMAG hi-caps that is) and should be killed by fire along with nasty Bushmaster ACRs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Thier 'gucci' is soiled... soiled by popularity....

Pmags were cool.... now pmags are made by magpull subsiduary magslut... and everyone can have them!

Ppft, unless you have a full set of Magpul PTS pmags. Star, my eye :-P

Ebaybanned stock the ak74m side folder stocj... pop the skeleton stock off and stick that one on.... same mount.

Tbh, i prefer aks with wood, its more... iconic and classic looking. The plastic looks so passé and western...

Aye. I found that one. I'm just trying to figure out whether it's worth it or not. I'll be getting some real steel polymer handguards for it, anyway. Hopefully customs won't have a problem with me importing them considering they've got part of the gas tube in the upper part. :D

I dunno. Although I appreciate the wooden models, I think the modern models retain the serious nature of an AK but brings it into the 21st century.

Cool:
    cap0201.jpg

Ridiculously awesomesauce:
    x1992.jpg

(Can I have 3 RPGs too? :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Ahem, PMAG hi-caps been about for a while. Seem to remember tears and nashing of teeth about them before (on Arnies if I remember, seen the for sale on some china shops). Personally I believe they are the work of the Devil (PMAG hi-caps that is) and should be killed by fire along with nasty Bushmaster ACRs.

I was actually looking for them a while back to be quite honest. A tan one comes with the Masada, but I wasn't able to find spares at the time.

Also, my remark was as much having a laugh at people who would care that much tbh. :-)

Ppft, unless you have a full set of Magpul PTS pmags. Star, my eye :-P

You say that like I want one, nevermind a full set sweetie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

[I second the motion about the steel. Although, I have to say I'll be changing my wood AKS-74 into a plastic AK-74M in the near future... No idea whether or not to keep the steel skeleton stock though.../QUOTE]

plum plum plum imbrace the plum and keep the folding stock

Puding wrote: »

Although the plum is quite effective I have no plans on using it for anything but mags. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Cool:
    cap0201.jpg

Brownie points for posting an image from a seriously cool film.
    9 Rota ftw!

Lemming wrote: »
    9 Rota ftw!

I'm surprised anyone else has actually seen that film. :D

Some amazing action scenes in that film. It's so chock full of kickass it's unreal!

(Quote tennis! hehe)

Plum is the only polymer furnature id have on an AK... black plastic is so... Colt.
    Lemming wrote: »
    9 Rota ftw!
    +1
    I'm surprised anyone else has actually seen that film. :D

Some amazing action scenes in that film. It's so chock full of kickass it's unreal!

Awesome film indeed. Got the original subtitled one on Dvd... most patriotic comrad! hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Although the plum is quite effective I have no plans on using it for anything but mags. :D

all down to choice but if your staying accurate and you want to switch over to a full stock then black ak74m Is the only colour and plum is the aks74, so from what you have said a solid stock for the ak74m is for you, and with mags great to have a. Mixed bag of version plum bakerlight and black as all are still seen ( plus the MAG brand magazines just work well)

And as lemming said have a cookie for 9th company referance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Also, my remark was as much having a laugh at people who would care that much tbh. :-)

you know you cried when you seen you're first hi-cap pmag! lolz

Plum is the only polymer furnature id have on an AK... black plastic is so... Colt.

Awesome film indeed. Got the original subtitled one on Dvd... most patriotic comrad! hehe

That certainly is a good way of putting it!

And the one I saw had the most horribly retarded subtitles I have ever seen. Still didn't stop it from being an awesome film.
    all down to choice but if your staying accurate and you want to switch over to a full stock then black ak74m Is the only colour and plum is the aks74, so from what you have said a solid stock for the ak74m is for you, and with mags great to have a. Mixed bag of version plum bakerlight and black as all are still seen ( plus the MAG brand magazines just work well)

And as lemming said have a cookie for 9th company referance :D

Yeah, but I hear that the VDV still use some black AKS-74s with skeleton stocks so it wouldn't be that inaccurate... I think I will go for the full AK-74M look, though. And as far as mags go I've 8 black mid-caps and a Bakelite and plum high-cap for emergency situations. :D

Cheers mate!

Plumb came before black... theres not been a 'black' aks74 really...

Polymer ak74m yes, and ak103, but not the aks74n

Its all horses for courses hon, choose what you want and enjoy it. Afterall, Whats the point of playing this sport if we have to adhere to someone else's idea of the sport... Play your game, your way.

Plumb came before black... theres not been a 'black' aks74 really...

Polymer ak74m yes, and ak103, but not the aks74n

Yup. I know that, but this chap says otherwise so I dunno: http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=7601.0

*Shrug*

Interesting... I guess i was wrong! But plum is still nicer! :)

• Advertisement

Interesting... I guess i was wrong! But plum is still nicer! :)

Hey, if the entire gun came in plum I'd do it like a heartbeat. It's silly how much better that blends in compared to black.

Advertisement