Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Have read that artical before, but myself I,be ever come across black myself on a aks74 other than a civilian version but to be honest notamy people would notice, all bepends on the type of loadout your going for , if your going for flora is it a 1990 vdv look you would be a little not restricted on the types of aeg that are accurate, or is you go with the partisan you can go for a modern look repressenting a number of units with a lot more choice,

Dame it we need a impression thread for this kinda thing as it's a little off topic for news?

Also up on ebaybanned. masada%20photo.jpg

know this is a little interesting, ebaybanned no longer openly sell clone magppul stuff only the actual licenced stuff, magpul is just a little protective of its IP even abroad so openly selling knock off Masada would not be good possibly the real deal magpul aeg finally? then again i would have expected to have heard other news about that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

For the German WWII impressionists...

Yes, it's reproduction stuff, but prices seem reasonable. Where else are you going to get Afrika Korps gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Puding wrote: »
    know this is a little interesting, ebaybanned no longer openly sell clone magppul stuff only the actual licenced stuff, magpul is just a little protective of its IP even abroad so openly selling knock off Masada would not be good possibly the real deal magpul aeg finally? then again i would have expected to have heard other news about that

As far as I am aware, Magpul have simply giving the rights ( i assume there some financial back and forth) to A&K, since their Masada has the market foothold, and with all the extra modular parts on route from A&K (cqb barell etc) I believe Magpul simply gave in and gave blessing.

So this could be the new batch of Magpul blessed Masadas. ( I believe this is indicated by the MBUS rear sight which is supposidly coming as standard with the Magpul release)

I'll stick with my A&K though ;)

Also I'd request the mods create ANOTHER off topic thread, so that we can have the most pointless debate where theres never a winner between AK and M4 users...then of course I'll enter the debate and simply win it for the M4 side.

And ithink Dex and Masada need to intervine, Gucci is losing its meaning, put torches on your gun isnt gucci, putting lasers on your gun isnt gucci.

Putting a torch that costs 200 euro and can burn holes through steel is gucci. Harnessing supermans laser eye beams and slapping it on your m4, is gucci. Obscure, unique peripherals and modifications are what gucci is.

Buying from ebaybanned, is not gucci.

AK's can be gucci too.... when they are melted down and turned into Gucci Watches and jewelry..

did a bit of research http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=175748&st=0&start=0 uscmCorps is normally a good reliable source of info and apparently can confirm nothing to do with magpul, o well will have to see :), i find it strange a&k would simply license the a&k as they have been doing r&d into there own version already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

did a bit of research http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=175748&st=0&start=0 uscmCorps is normally a good reliable source of info and apparently can confirm nothing to do with magpul, o well will have to see :), i find it strange a&k would simply license the a&k as they have been doing r&d into there own version already

I reminded myself I have to pickup some mbus sights actually for my Masada, one of my most highest performing rifles in my arsenal, that I just completely forget i even own...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

TheDoc wrote: »
    And ithink Dex and Masada need to intervine, Gucci is losing its meaning, put torches on your gun isnt gucci, putting lasers on your gun isnt gucci.

Putting a torch that costs 200 euro and can burn holes through steel is gucci. Harnessing supermans laser eye beams and slapping it on your m4, is gucci. Obscure, unique peripherals and modifications are what gucci is.

Buying from ebaybanned, is not gucci.

AK's can be gucci too.... when they are melted down and turned into Gucci Watches and jewelry..

Edited, for the record, any insult was in error, not intention.

Thought you might like to know about these guys. Lots of packs, pouches & vests for Russian gear.

I'd like to know whether their SURPAT is any good – there's a lot more to designing a good camo than picking some colours and putting a few blocks on a page. Maybe it is. The new Russian arid camo looks to me like they got some Brit desert camo (which was designed on the back of an envelope in 2 minutes flat and still works) and digitised it.

mmm, heard of those guys... not too reliable. Best bets are Rusmil, and Soviet propoganda Ozcam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Had a browse there myself, they do very few russian patterns, weirdly, lots of acu and marpat though, pity that. Some pouches and stuff though that could be useful.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Production Photos of the TSI Tavor, :)

The Finish looks as cheap and plastic as the Ares, lets hope the internals are where it shines, especially the rumoured "drop in GBB kit".

4019387381_f217f07940.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2770/4019387381_4aa15fac94_o.jpg

4019388347_267f7d44fd.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2471/4019388347_cb42264fa2_o.jpg

4019389193_ed107e7292.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2519/4019389193_44c6c2a4cf_o.jpg

You know the real one looks the same right?

I don't get the 'cheap plastic' bit... the tsi yes, the ares looks accurate.

you beat me to it :)

not overly impressed yet, i prefer the matter finish of the ares the tsi seems glossy in comparison, then again the pictures look very rushed and with flash so could just be that giving the overly glossy look. the details seem to be more defined on the ares than the tsi version but that could just be me, tsi promised a lot so will be interesting to see the first reviews

Welcome back, Richie.

Firekitten wrote: »
    You know the real one looks the same right?

Nah it doesnt.

tavor-girl.jpg

4019387381_f217f07940.jpg

Both have flash, one has mat-like finish, the other is shiney plastic looking.

you beat me to it :)

not overly impressed yet, i prefer the matter finish of the ares the tsi seems glossy in comparison, then again the pictures look very rushed and with flash so could just be that giving the overly glossy look. the details seem to be more defined on the ares than the tsi version but that could just be me, tsi promised a lot so will be interesting to see the first reviews

i figured you'd be already on to it Pud., cant wait til people start receiving them and get a few review going. If this GBB drop in kit isn't vapourware i'll be all over it. :)

Masada wrote: »
    Nah it doesnt.

Both have flash, one has mat-like finish, the other is shiney plastic looking.
    thats the TSI though.... which I did say looked shiny... the ares is practically perfect finishwise.

agree will defiantly be waiting for the review, have to say since fixing my ares tavor i have had no problems and a great performer but im very intrigued by the tsi as i said they promised a lot so interesting to see how it turned out in the end, want to see some more pictures, the proportions just look off to me, i know the pre production pictures face on looked all off so will be nice to see if they changed this on the production model

Dont remember if i let you have a go of mine when I was down Cork way Pud? that one was out the box perfect.

i did not get to see it when you where down cork unfortunately

• Advertisement

mm pity, but then you were in your tech cave all day... slaving over a hot aeg.

Firekitten wrote: »
    thats the TSI though.... which I did say looked shiny... the ares is practically perfect finishwise.

Ive used that one too, it doesnt strike me as being any different,.,
    agree will defiantly be waiting for the review, have to say since fixing my ares tavor i have had no problems and a great performer but im very intrigued by the tsi as i said they promised a lot so interesting to see how it turned out in the end, want to see some more pictures, the proportions just look off to me, i know the pre production pictures face on looked all off so will be nice to see if they changed this on the production model

yeah ive heard about this proportions thing from a couple of places. It will be interesting to find out if it is actually on a scale with the real one. They claim to be supplying the isreali defense forces with these as training pieces so you'd have to assume they'll have to be as close to real size and weight as possible..,:)

The Ares finish is pretty much the same as the real one... only the real one sounds more hollow when tapped, and the foregrip is squidgyer (tm)

The gbb tsi does interest me.... if it actually works... i'm in a mood with gbbr's atm

For anyone interested in the situation regarding the clone Masada and the rumoured Magpul PTS one, :)

(you might need to be logged into arnies,)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=175820&view=findpost&p=2201712

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Masada wrote: »
    For anyone interested in the situation regarding the clone Masada and the rumoured Magpul PTS one, :)

(you might need to be logged into arnies,)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=175820&view=findpost&p=2201712
    5.56mm (AR style) OR 7.62mm (AK style) QUICK SWAPPABLE LOWER ASSEMBLIES!!!

SOLD!!

i think a lot of it is bullshit though,
    The hole thing about A&K bending over and taking one for magpul stinks to me. I'd still say magpul done a deal with the devil because they couldnt stem the flow of the chinese Masada. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

SOLD!!

All that and the GBB drop in parts = double sold. Bring on the Massoud aswell in all its 7.62 goodness.

Trying to imagine the ACR in FG, think that would work very well here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

+1

ak compatable masada.... I'll have some of that I think.... Black... naturally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

:eek::eek::eek: HOLY ****
    i hope i get some moneys for christmas:D

Advertisement