Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

My god in heaven, give me one now:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Masada wrote: »
    For anyone interested in the situation regarding the clone Masada and the rumoured Magpul PTS one, :)

(you might need to be logged into arnies,)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=175820&view=findpost&p=2201712

Masada have a HK division, PTS.

PTS stuff is made in china, and their office is near ebaybanned's.

They stopped the A&K being sold, and went through legal threats, they are only set up to cast plastic accesories like stocks, not full aegs, so are delayed in releasing their "official" masada.

Now they are rebranding the A&K, with trades, so it will be A&K made, no changes, just trades, and some new lower assembly for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Now they are rebranding the A&K, with trades, so it will be A&K made, no changes, just trades, and some new lower assembly for sale.
    And twice the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Bah, now Masada's will be tainted and common...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

But they'll be official!

Real trades and brand name prices!

Original masadas are now the rifle of the common thief!

Since when did the bloody lookalike of an item fall under IP laws, do ferrari sue all them lads with the mr2's with the awful body kits? Its not like magpul wont get the defence contract because of a toy gun of similar looks.

• Advertisement

Bah, now Masada's will be tainted and common...
    They weren't already? *smiles sweetly*

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

with this and a shaved head and you have the perfect mack loadout:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

gungun wrote: »
    with this and a shaved head and you have the perfect mack loadout:cool:

You'll still need KittyCornershot. :P

the grizzled expression is now on sale at Ebaybanned.... $400 for the mac look!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The existing one is gonna be even more rare now since they'll only be making the licenced one. So all of you with one now are even more elite. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i find the fact tha magpul had the power to get a clone company round the table and arrange a licensed version, a good sign in my eyes

if the lad on arnies is saying it'll be about $450 what will the be when it gets here? around €550?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Puding wrote: »
    i find the fact tha magpul had the power to get a clone company round the table and arrange a licensed version, a good sign in my eyes

It was A&K that more or less had a gun put to their head, excuse the pun. They couldn't ship their ''unlicenced product'' because of Magpul and had to either suffer the loss of going ahead with the clone or sit down with the big boys.

Take H&K, while they are having licencening issues they are not going to the extremes that Magpul are. With H&K its just remove the trades, with Magpul it's clear it with us, give us a cut and then you can use are trades which you weren't even using in the first place.

gungun wrote: »
    if the lad on arnies is saying it'll be about $450 what will the be when it gets here? around €550?

It would work out about €400 if you order from HK with shipping at taxes included. Not bad for a high end AEG with GBB conversion kit being offered as a drop in at a later date. The 450 USD price is for the PTS ACR.

The clone version, the A&K Masada will still be cheaper but may go up from it's current €250 price.

It was A&K that more or less had a gun put to their head, excuse the pun. They couldn't ship their ''unlicenced product'' because of Magpul and had to either suffer the loss of going ahead with the clone or sit down with the big boys.

i think your underestimating the power and control magpul where actually able to put out, in a industry where copying is common place, colt h&k glock to just name a few, they are the only company that was able to drive the sale of magul copys underground, admittedly there still there if you know where to look but to drive it bellow the counter still impressive,

i would say no one put a gun to magpuls head, there know going to sell masadas openly high end and low end and a&k are going to pay them a nice royalty.......some one put that gun to my head please

could you see h&k getting JG or cyma to do that....

Puding wrote: »
    i think your underestimating the power and control magpul where actually able to put out, in a industry where copying is common place, colt h&k glock to just name a few, they are the only company that was able to drive the sale of magul copys underground, admittedly there still there if you know where to look but to drive it bellow the counter still impressive,

i would say no one put a gun to magpuls head, there know going to sell a 100usd gun for 500 and take a nice profit off the top...........someone put that gun to my heard please

I said A&K had a gun to their head. Not to Magpul, I can see are a big, powerful and greedy corporation who themselves sold out to an even bigger company once apon a time. I never implyed they had little power or otherwise, more like too much.

I said A&K had a gun to their head. Not to Magpul, I can see are a big, powerful and greedy corporation who themselves sold out to an even bigger company once apon a time. I never implyed they had little power or otherwise, more like too much.

ow sorry :) i do apologize i believe i got my wires crossed :rolleyes:

It would work out about €400 if you order from HK with shipping at taxes included. Not bad for a high end AEG with GBB conversion kit being offered as a drop in at a later date. The 450 USD price is for the PTS ACR.

indeed it wouldnt be a bad price ordering it from HK for that much but with the ban we'll have to get a retailer to do that so they will have to add on their cut

If I read that report right, the PTS ACR will be out before the end of the year. The current yet to be finallised date for the import ban is 31/12/09, so at a minimum we have till then. Hopefully the ACR won't get delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Why would I want to put AK mags into my masada????

In airsoft, thats really...a really **** idea in fairness....and not appealing in the slightest..and if I start seeing masadas with ak mags mines going straight into the bin, cause im not selling to someone to ruin it with dirty mags...

• Advertisement

Little over the top perhaps.... The real masada takes both.... Would you bin an m4 if you saw a sr25? or a sr47?

Its just a different shape of bb holder.... its a real steel option, and some like to look like the real stuff. Don't really matter much. See for me... i have lots of ak mags and m4 mags, but id get the ak one to be different from the whole 'm4 mag' masada crowd. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

TheDoc wrote: »

In airsoft, thats really...a really **** idea in fairness....and not appealing in the slightest..and if I start seeing masadas with ak mags mines going straight into the bin, cause im not selling to someone to ruin it with dirty mags...

We both know as soon as Magpul release an AK Pmag, you'll be all over it :p

AK mags are too long and impossible to go prone with, I'm fairly certain i'll be sticking with my 5.56mm magazines thanks. :)

They aren't really richie.... It's pretty much the SAME as an m4 mag in total hight.... overall. Your body is deeper than the ak, therefore, they even out.....

I go prone with aks all the time, pretty easy.... using a standard prone position it wont even touch the floor. Ak ,mag is about 3 inches longer, and the m4 is overall a deeper gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

No, I think an AK mag would look horrible in a Masada. I plan on buying a Masada soon and I have AK mags, but I would never put an AK mag in a Masada. Its just...wrong.

Well... I have 2 AKs and find them awkward to use in the prone position (a common complaint even with the RS users). I don't have it with an M4 since it doesn't have a foot long magazine.

other than looks i see no advantage in an AK compatible Masada, mags are harder to carry aswell as being too long.
    Strangely though, I can somehow see you with a 7.62 Masada Sam...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I can somehow see you with a 7.62 Masada Sam...:p

So can I, lol!

Well... I have 2 AKs and find them awkward to use in the prone position (a common complaint even with the RS users). I don't have it with an M4 since it doesn't have a foot long magazine.

other than looks i see no advantage in an AK compatible Masada, mags are harder to carry aswell as being too long.
    Strangely though, I can somehow see you with a 7.62 Masada Sam...:p
    But mac uses them... surely thats enough? :P

Meh, ak mag is build in monopod... screw tactical ris stuff.... ballence it on the mag? I guess my prone position is somewhat more .... chest raised, than yours, its probably why i dont find it so big a problem.

TheDoc wrote: »

"go's off to pre-order Masada"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Firekitten wrote: »
    B I guess my prone position is somewhat more .... chest raised, than yours

*splutter*

*damn near chokes laughing*.

Awesome.

Advertisement