Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Some nice new ACOG's on gunner just now, I'm really liking the finish on the black one. most realistic ive seen yet. :)

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1831&osCsid=370b9a92e6411e4c9e9d51d73373e69e
    ta314x32-01.JPG

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1832&osCsid=370b9a92e6411e4c9e9d51d73373e69e
    ta314x32dot-01.JPG

They also added the wood furnature for the SVD there too, this is lovely quality gear and its pretty cheap. :) the varnish is a bit generous but nothing that couldnt be worked with.
    http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1834&osCsid=370b9a92e6411e4c9e9d51d73373e69e
    aksvdwood-06.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've been waiting for that big time.

That might make me consider brining the M4GBB to sweden

I was half contemplating it anyways, and plan to pickup 6 mags for x-mas for the rifle along with the few essential upgrade parts.

But what does this valve mean? It can increase fps to say 450-480, then back down to 320? or whats the story?

and people were complaining that quick change springs made it too easy to cheat ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Stonewolf wrote: »
    and people were complaining that quick change springs made it too easy to cheat ...

is it really that much of a problem ? Result of the competative angle of airsoft that seems to have balloned over other ethoses

First and Only Airsoft: The tunnels
    Are you up from some nice underground action? Well, check this out:

Some exciting news from First and Only Airsoft!!

We have recently opened our latest new site (our 8th) called the Tunnels and is located near Kidderminster.

This is a old WW2 underground bunker/factory and incorporates over 4 miles of underground tunnels. The play area is HUGE and very varied changing from large vehicle tunnels to many small offices and canteens offering a wide selection of play available.

Games run on a Sunday on a Bi weekly basis. For more information, pics , vids and how to book please check out this link.

http://www.firstandonlyevents.co.uk/newforum/viewforum.php?f=29

firstonly_tunnels_2110.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Did somebody say "zombie Game"?:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Stonewolf wrote: »

I can see how perhaps it may cause a problem in this country, but the fact is I wouldnt use a GBB in our conditions.

However for travelling abroad its extremely useful. I can go 450 fps, then if i get sent on an operation that involves close quarters, i can twist a valve down to 1 joule so I've no min engagement range.

Every product like this isnt a fast track for cheaters, its an aid for those who want piece of mind, like me, who travels abroad every couple of months to brap.

I wouldnt dwell on it too much, by that same train of thought every star owner, tavor owner and A&K m249 owner......are cheaters, or have the temptation to cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭moggser

Craigsy wrote: »

No .... no one mentioned a Zombie Game

where did you get that from:)

that place does look the mutz nutz alright

You still need to remove the bolt to adjust the valve anyway., and cheating scum will always be cheating scum.,:)

This is said to be the VFC GBB 416 going on sale on 30th October coming. :)

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=1992
    HK-00013.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Craigsy wrote: »

my thoughts exactly on the tunnels...just wow...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I doubt thats the last we'll see of China-softs. Mostly because the lure of capital gain wins out over any commie ideology.

Sucks though. The clones are a great way of getting new blood into the game and it will certainly be bad news for local retailers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Masada wrote: »

HK-00013.jpg

want want want want want :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I doubt thats the last we'll see of China-softs. Mostly because the lure of capital gain wins out over any commie ideology.

Sucks though. The clones are a great way of getting new blood into the game and it will certainly be bad news for local retailers.

Meh....50/50.

The Chinese wholesalers still don't know whats going to happen, and the end date of the crackdown mentioned in the report is BS - They still dont know if they'll be re-opening in November.

On the one hand, yeah, they're a great way to get new blood into the sport without breaking the bank.

The flip side of that though is that over the last couple of years, the "high end" manufacturers have copped on that theres a market in budget guns, so a lot of them have started to produce them. And theres no denying that, good as the quality of the likes of Cyma, DBoys/Kalash, Jing Gong and A&K has become, with the high end producers like VFC and G&G, you're guaranteed its going to be high quality. As of yet though, the range of guns is nowhere near as big as the clones, but that might happen over time.

So, in my opinion, its not the end of the world....a DBoys M4 for €160 was a great entry point, but its still possible to get a gun, battery and charger for under €200.

Also, speaking as a retailer, I feel much more secure dealing with Hong Kong and Taiwan based wholesalers and manufacturers, simply because its legal to trade in airsoft. I had a very, very bad experience with a Chinese wholesaler earlier this year, which took a LOT of time, effort and money to sort out, purely because I couldnt sic the law onto them. Had that been a Taiwan or even HK wholesaler, there's legal and banking regulations they have to follow, and some legal avenues to follow for sorting out issues.

Now...what *would* be a nightmare, is if the Chinese government decided to outlaw airsoft in Hong Kong.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Following from Tony's point, I was speaking to some Chinese suppliers this morning & the story is that they have no idea when they can go back into production. They are hoping soon, but it could be as late as Dec or even early Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

TheDoc wrote: »
    I can see how perhaps it may cause a problem in this country, but the fact is I wouldnt use a GBB in our conditions.

However for travelling abroad its extremely useful. I can go 450 fps, then if i get sent on an operation that involves close quarters, i can twist a valve down to 1 joule so I've no min engagement range.

Be prepared for fun & games at Dublin airport. Watch dumbfounded in horror as they go mental over "gas canisters" and continue to do so after you use a valve key to remove the valve so that the mag is now just an open-air lump of metal.

Oh god do they love going mental over that stuff ... three small pistol mags (had it only been two it's all ok ... apparently ... ) caused me so much grief in what can only be described as 30 minutes of participating in a monty python sketch featuring one bemused baggage scanner operator, three airport police and two gardai. And a partridge in a pear tree .. somewhere else.

WA style mags can be locked in the open position so there alright on planes. no change in cabin pressure is gonna have any effect on them.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

WA style mags can be locked in the open position so there alright on planes. no change in cabin pressure is gonna have any effect on them.,

Yeah, but explaining that to your average "security" official at an airport ?
    Heh. Good luck. You'd have more luck trying to get a 105ml bottle of dangerous aftershave aboard the aircraft :)

(please...spare me the jokes about my aftershave being dangerous - it was a gift, I swear ! :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

You missed the bit about valves Masada. You'll show them that. Explain it all to them. Then they'll repeat exactly what they said 5 minutes earlier.

"CANNISTER .... BAAAAADDDD*!!! CONFISCATION ... GOOOOooodddd"

* if you ha ethree or more, because they must turn into some sort of transformer combiner or something that then goes rogue and destroys the world or something ... reality. Isn't it fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

When travelling on planes etc, you are just better off with your AEGs, springers and AEPs.
    Less of a headache all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

But aep's are no fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I had no hassle with me GBB pistols.

Bar them breaking en route to the event, and still not working.

But thats another topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭chakav

Puding wrote: »

Maybe we could make this the next Roadtrip for SEAC and Friends in the new year. I'll make sure and post after our trip to the Mall to report on how these 'First and only' guys can put on a show.

Looks amazing :eek:

This just showed up on ebaybanned, their great if you want to use MBUS or pretty much any RIS rail sights on an M4 that had a triangular front sight. I installed one on My M4 GBB and it helps a lot with tightening up the front end too. :)

http://www.ebairsoft.com/arms-style-steel-block-p-2656.html
    Adams%20Arms%20gas%20block.jpg

Some new fangled fancy high speed gears on KH Mountain, Aparently their CNC'd Steel too and as you can see they have bearing axels. At only 37dolla i think i'll order a set and put them to the test. :)

http://www.khmountain.com/airsoft/product_info.php?products_id=1410
    SS060.jpg

SS060-3.jpg

SS060-5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

HK-00013.jpg

I'll take three.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Looks like VFC and H&K have come to an agreement over the trademarks.:) B eing a GBB they could have stayed with the H&K stock instead of going with the crane but I find the crane stocks very comfortable as a cheek rest.

But why oh why did I leave my job to go back to college full time and then this comes along. I'll have to go easy on the social pints for a few months.

Replica: PRR (Personal Role Radio) Marconi, Full Set, Including Bowman Headset, Wireless R/C, Pouch

Package includes the actual Radio (with single PTT, antenna, dial buttons, battery compartment), Wireless Remote PTT, Pouch, Manual, Bowman headset with headband.

pic1.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    royal-marines-aabi-toorah-blue-swor.jpg

mhz does not look irish friendly at the moment, but programmable so hears hoping

not up for sale online yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

puding where did you see those prr's? and any idea how much they will be?

• Advertisement

Nice find., :)

Advertisement