Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

just saw this on wgcshop. i thought it was a box to hold a radio but it is a radio on the 446 frequency

dy_acc_tsprc148hk_l.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

good point dude...bugger by double because they also do one of those whip lash antenna which is way cool

saw this on crw airsoft

Coverall%20poster2aS.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I like the coverall, the gasmask looks class too, mind you good luck getting down your sites with the filter attached. Why would they decide to put the filter on the down the site eye of the majority of people? I don't understand it, a lefty conspiracy I reckon. They're planning on gassing the planet and then picking off those of us with enough luck to get our hands on a gas mask with their increased accuracy, sinister....

• Advertisement

I have the coverall its great Value, Didn't take too long to get here either.

Spetzcong wrote: »
    I like the coverall, the gasmask looks class too, mind you good luck getting down your sites with the filter attached. Why would they decide to put the filter on the down the site eye of the majority of people? I don't understand it, a lefty conspiracy I reckon. They're planning on gassing the planet and then picking off those of us with enough luck to get our hands on a gas mask with their increased accuracy, sinister....

Those S10 masks can have the filter switched over to whatever side you like. :) Isnt yore man wearing it on his left in the pics though?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

Masada wrote: »
    Isnt yore man wearing it on his left in the pics though?

thats what i was thinking, unless i have been doing it wrong all these years:pac:

Those S10 masks can have the filter switched over to whatever side you like. :) Isnt yore man wearing it on his left in the pics though?

Perhaps, you've got to remember that this is Friday night and if I'm still inside that means I've been drinking and watching movies (really gotta get me another hobby, or a bird, or something) which means that my lefts and rights are purely theoretical. Anyway feck off yizzer bunch of bistards, it looked like the down the site eye for me! We'll see what you have to say after the airsoft beers and then we'll talk (gibberish)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The real ones, the lenses are fine, but the front and right vents are not. BB shatter them, watch out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

The real ones, the lenses are fine, but the front and right vents are not. BB shatter them, watch out.

see the lens give way before, there tought but when they go they do shatter from the examples i had, differant people have had differnat experinaces of them but i would not trust my eyes to chance that i got a tought batch :)

I managed to get the polycarbonate flash lenses that clip in front of the regular S10 mask lenses. I could not find them on their own with a quick google but I did find an S10 with the Flash lenses here.

http://www.warfighters.co.uk/detail.asp?c_urn=1031&show=&urn=14243&pg=1

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Puding wrote: »
    see the lens give way before, there tought but when they go they do shatter from the examples i had, differant people have had differnat experinaces of them but i would not trust my eyes to chance that i got a tought batch :)

You can buy airsoft specific ones if you want.

I actually cracked one of mine, by dropping it :p

But I tested mine pretty roughly before I dared to skirmish it. Little residue from the bbs, that was it. But they do vary, the visually same S10 was produced for 25 years IIRC, I think they've stopped now though. Materials have likely been tweeked in that time.

You can buy airsoft specific ones if you want

seen a few about yes

just wanted to make the point that there not always 100% safe incase someone was to get the impression you could just pick up one of these and use

i would always recommend replacing with lens your 100% on the quality of

Yup your very right Pud, I personally shot out the glass from an S10 with a 1J gun, it didnt take much abuse at all so defo go for those polycarb ones. :)

to be honest, if yer gonna use a gas mask for skirmishing, replace the lenses with mesh. You cannot take a deep breath in a gas mask that's fully sealed, and not being able to breath properly really, really tires you out. With mesh at least you can get 70% of the oxygene in that you're used to, you'll still be out of breath quicker than you thought you would, but at least you'll be able to have some fun before you end up sat there wondering how you ended up so unfit (which you may well not be, it's just gas masks drain your strength, ask any fireman)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Yup your very right Pud, I personally shot out the glass from an S10 with a 1J gun, it didnt take much abuse at all so defo go for those polycarb ones. :)
    indeed.... its not designed to take anything... its why they offer balistic inserts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

hoplite wrote: »

Looks ****, RFID can only tell that your near an antenna or of just passed one so all it will do is say who's in or out of the game at a given time. I have an idea using Android/iPhones for outdoor games where you could track every player by GPS, opens up a huge range of options.

Rew wrote: »
    Looks ****, RFID can only tell that your near an antenna or of just passed one so all it will do is say who's in or out of the game at a given time. I have an idea using Android/iPhones for outdoor games where you could track every player by GPS, opens up a huge range of options.

i remember the guys on airsoftology where talking about something like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Puding wrote: »
    i remember the guys on airsoftology where talking about something like that

Far as I can remember that was http://battletac.com/web/guest they were talking about.

yep would say that is it :)

GOOD NEWS....just read this on arnies regarding the Chinese 'situation'

this is from a guy on the ground called 'Frontiers'

'Open and fully functional factories so far:

A&K
    Jing Gong

Open but not fully operational yet:

Well
    Cyma

others Status unknown (most are heading for the Nov.1 opening)'

thank the lord baby Jesus and the donkey...the commies like their money like the rest of us i guess...

It seems AGM got royally screwed...all of their molds were taken...guess they didnt backhand enough...

frontiers is normally one of the most reliable sources on arnies has direct access to the factory's themselves so this is understandable,

acm went a bit to far with the gbb replica it would seem, there ability to produce this relica showed they could easily produce a working firearm in theory so became a target

will have to see tbh how things work out, will be interesting to see what happens in the next few months, by feb next year we should be able to see what damaged has been done

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

I dont see how having the knowledge of how to make a gbb replica means you could in theory make a working firearm

Id say it was the bribes thing, and maybe a bit of the counterfeiting thing to look cool again to Bart the US

if it was down to the backhanders then half of china would be out of work at this point

there has been a mojor campaign in china about real and replica firearms in china both of which are 100% illegal over in china, an aeg is a little easier to turn an blind eye too, there has been a number of case of factory's producing real firearms for criminal groups which has caused great concern and apparently is a danger to the stability of the communist party in china, e,g why they had the campaign

if you have machinery and semi skilled people you can pritty much make anything, cloning an gbb is not that far off cloning a real firearms in officals eyes

agm was just producing too many gbb and drawing to much attention to itself for low level local officials to keep it safe, it was an easy target for someone looking for good results

got the same information from a number of my sources, a little bit simplified as the situation over there seems to be ridiculously complicated and convoluted

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Thank God for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Gatling wrote: »
    Thank God for that

I doubt he wants the credit...

:p

• Advertisement

Cool and the question for the radio buffs on the forum can we use it over here?

Advertisement