Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

While I'm all about gimmicks, isn't a Glock 18 that fits in a pocket and can fire full-auto and can accept rail accessories and a stock called... a Glock 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Yes... but it has a magpul logo... it makes it totally different...

No, well, jokes aside, the concept is its foldable... concealable, and 'looks like something else' as promo material about a year ago said for the real deal, 'it looks like a battery powered flashlight you can take with you when you put your trash out'.... yes, because your average suburban mom needs a full auto sub machine gun to fight off the hoards of undead / muslims between her and the sidewalk...

Like nearly every 'covert' firearm, theres a way to find them... generally by having a look inside that oh so gun shaped flashlight and checking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

While I'm all about gimmicks, isn't a Glock 18 that fits in a pocket and can fire full-auto and can accept rail accessories and a stock called... an airsoft marketing person's wet dream ?

Fixed that for you Shane ;)

The magic phrase is "rail accessories", and it equates to the age old saying "a fool and their money ... "

As for ridiculous notions of guns being inferior due to being perceived as ugly ... it's down to person asthetic taste. A gun is a gun, and if it was the difference between life & death you wouldn't twice about letting it become your best friend once it worked. After all, there's no other excuse for the FAMAS .... Fortunately airsoft isn't about life and death, so the argument only boils down to personal asthetic taste.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Firekitten wrote: »
    the sa80 isn't remotely fat... your masadas are chunkier... Infact its slim and angular.... like a model.... the only place masada's could model is in a plus size catalogue. :P (to use your own analogy against you)

Nah, Sorry, Speculation.,:)

4173527207_73d46369a6.jpg

Annnd, getting back onto the topic of airsoft news, Some nice new bits from CA, most likely the usual cr@p internals but they look nice all the same.,:)
    http://www.classicarmy.com/products_new1.php?language=en
    CA052M-A123456.jpg

CA051M-A123456.jpg

I saw this thing in the flesh over in Germany at the gun show. Its gas/Co2 operated so it remains to be seen how well it'll perform.,:)
    S009123456.jpg

Mm, folding the stock and removing the 'tacticrap' thats usually on it to win... clever.

And moving on... stop lambastic CA internals... you practically make a profession out of it. It's opinion only. the display as fact is misleading. Especially as CA gearbox design has changed recently,... you can't possibly drag the same opinion accross different systems.

• Advertisement

And moving on... stop lambastic CA internals... you practically make a profession out of it. It's opinion only. the display as fact is misleading. Especially as CA gearbox design has changed recently,... you can't possibly drag the same opinion accross different systems.

Yeah?, Here ya go then, The "new" CA gearbox, with the same cr@p inside, except it has a locking bolt catch now...

4103628241_ff2582256c_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Masada wrote: »
    Nah, Sorry, Speculation.,:)

lol - I've actually noted that my G36C with the stock folded is quite substantially shorter than my Tavor too.

With the silencer and extended barrell, it's exactly the same length. :o

ah, here we are.... the masada school of elitism... if it doesn't have ball bearing spring guides, and magpul stamped on the screw heads, he doesn't want to know....

That Ca gearbox looks entirely ah.... normal? good? fine? You cannot possibly be suggesting to me that I should agree with your assessment that its bad, based on a single picture of an open gearbox? I thought your argument was based on performance? I've seen gearboxes like that run for years with no problem.

If you bothered to look at the site you linked, you'd see that not only was that m4 variant, a NEW Ca 8mm gearbox, but that its also Blowback... and lets not forget that the blowback gearbox is NOTHING like the one you linked to, or the quality of internal parts.

extremetaz wrote: »
    lol - I've actually noted that my G36C with the stock folded is quite substantially shorter than my Tavor too.

With the silencer and extended barrell, it's exactly the same length. :o

I had to fold the stock to get it to stand up.,:D

The tavor is deceptively long though, especially if you are wearing a vest with shoulder padding.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

ah, here we are.... the masada school of elitism... if it doesn't have ball bearing spring guides, and magpul stamped on the screw heads, he doesn't want to know....

That Ca gearbox looks entirely ah.... normal? good? fine? You cannot possibly be suggesting to me that I should agree with your assessment that its bad, based on a single picture of an open gearbox? I thought your argument was based on performance? I've seen gearboxes like that run for years with no problem.

If you bothered to look at the site you linked, you'd see that not only was that m4 variant, a NEW Ca 8mm gearbox, but that its also Blowback... and lets not forget that the blowback gearbox is NOTHING like the one you linked to, or the quality of internal parts.

I'd like to remain entirely neutral on this topic but I think he was showing that he's had the newer type open rather than trying to point out any obvious flaws.

Additionally, whilst I'm all for blowback the world does not need more Meh4s. Give some other guns some love people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

derailed.jpg

If you wish to discuss CA internals please start a thread about it in the relevent section

Thread is Airsoft News guys, try to remember that

Well, even if that is his own photograph, he's clearly not proven anything.

As I mentioned, and you quoted, thats not the new type of CA gearbox.

Now before he says 'I've had x number across my desk' I think this belongs in another topic...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

The Master wrote: »
    If you wish to discuss CA internals please start a thread about it in the relevent section

Thread is Airsoft News guys, try to remember that

Quoting this just in case anybody missed it
    Well, even if that is his own photograph, he's clearly not proven anything.

As I mentioned, and you quoted, thats not the new type of CA gearbox.

Now before he says 'I've had x number across my desk' I think this belongs in another topic...

Oh, someone did miss it.............

AIRSOFT NEWS

In my defense... I did miss it... i had a power cut and hit reply to my post as soon as it came back on. *innocent grin*

In my defense... I did miss it... i had a power cut and hit reply to my post as soon as it came back on. *innocent grin*

You had thanked the post before you replied.....

The Master sees all................

Last warning to everybody keep on topic and take your discussions elsewhere

The Master wrote: »

Hmmm, must watch that, looks like a good film.,:D haha,

ah guwann sure i'll post some news, I found this things over on CRW airsoft for anyone who uses fastmags, their multicam covers that go over them to make ya all matching and nice. Its genuine Multicam though so a bit on the pricey side.,:)
    http://www.crw-airsoft.com/fast-magcover-g1g2-pack-of-3-by-toy-soldier-1420-p.asp
    4174441874_fc1992c539_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

yeah thats how Magpul roll alright.

heres something people have done for years, lets reverse engineer it & fabricate it from a new polymer & make a load of money off a load of eejits.

Who did the original in Russia? I always thought it was a Stoner design.
    One of the original designs:
    450pxucm215389291.jpg

Still though if you got that, a bad auld pennies rugby jersey & a quiff you could start slinging "Nuke" to all the junkers along the boardwalk.
    Robocop2-stylee
    600pxboatman35120980.jpg

Its a stoner alright from 1986 its an ARES concept copied by the russians and rehashed as a magpul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Stonewolf wrote: »
    the world does not need more Meh4s.

lol - love this!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Folding smg's have been around since just after wwII, by no means is it a new concept.

The mat49 for example.

The magpul yoke is a nice novelty, looks like a bit of fun and could be a decent backup with a hi-cap gbb mag. I look forward to seeing one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

I actually saw plans once for a RS one of those, and watched a build online. I reckon it should be bloody easy to build a airsoft one- after all, Its only a box! I think I would MUCH prefer one made of welded sheet metal... Simply because it aint MagPul and because I get the satisfaction of building it myself.

• Advertisement

Some more multicam goodness, (also availible in ACU and dessert Marpat). Can you say Gucci?
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/multi-sleeve-multicam-p-2763.html
    MULITSLEEVE%20multicam%20a.jpg

And some new Metal Air Nozzles for the Masada over on RSOV. Defo a reccomended mod if you have the A&K Maada.,:)
    http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=4261
    prt_0229.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Epic lolz!!1!!!11!
    Multicam arm warmers!
    Talk about fail!
    :p <-- Make's everything sound nice.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Epic lolz!!1!!!11!
    Multicam arm warmers!
    Talk about fail!

Indeed.

Hint: If your arms are cold, maybe you might want to wear this amazingly simple thing called ... a shirt with long sleeves, as opposed to either a vest or a t-shirt.

/slaps face in disbelief :eek:

Well holy cold-arms Batman! Who'd have thought it ....

Sorry Masada, but in the history of pointless-ness, that is truly pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Multicam arm warmers!
    the new best thing for emos oh god we're gunna see them all wearing multisham next

What did The Band of Hawks ask Santa for this year?
    Multicam sleeves for their Multicam tank tops.
    Yiz poserss!

You could use it for yore hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Lemming wrote: »
    Sorry Masada, but in the history of pointless-ness, that is truly pointless.

Honestly, can you not see where this is going?....Multicam legwarmers

*shudder*

Leftyflip wrote: »
    What did The Band of Hawks ask Santa for this year?
    Multicam sleeves for their Multicam tank tops.
    Yiz poserss!

lol, im surprised you havent ordered any yet., :D

I'm still tryin to figure out a use for them though, maybe use it as a gun sock or something.,

scanlant wrote: »
    Honestly, can you not see where this is going?....Multicam legwarmers

*shudder*

I just died a little more inside ...

• Advertisement

Masada wrote: »
    lol, im surprised you havent ordered any yet., :D

I'm still tryin to figure out a use for them though, maybe use it as a gun sock or something.,
    Why's that?

Advertisement