Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

G&G seem to be calling it the HK418, I think HK are planning to use that name in the future,

The HK416 is their fixed redesigned version of the AR15/M16/M4, chambered for the standard 5.56x45mm NATO round.

The HK417 is a DM rifle chambered for the more powerful 7.62x51mm round.

This round is also known as .308 Winchester in old money, so that's where the 418 name seems to have come from. This may be a confusion or a mistake (or a deliberate obfuscation by G&G to avoid lawsuits); at present the 418 is not listed on HK's website as an official designation.

http://www.heckler-koch.de/HKWebText/detailProd/1928/337/4/19
    http://www.heckler-koch.de/HKWebText/detailProd/1928/345/4/19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

OzCam wrote: »
    This may be a confusion or a mistake (or a deliberate obfuscation by G&G to avoid lawsuits); at present the 418 is not listed on HK's website as an official designation.

Most likely considering HK's protectionist mentality of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Horse84 wrote: »

Absolutely gorgeous piece of kit. I had one awhile back, and they're amazing.

Bloody hard to get though....The Tanker version seems to be readily available, but not the long version.

That one might be over the limit though...as far as I recall, there were two versions - the domestic Japanese version, which was under 1 joule, and an export version which was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

Shiva wrote: »
    Absolutely gorgeous piece of kit. I had one awhile back, and they're amazing.

Bloody hard to get though....The Tanker version seems to be readily available, but not the long version.

That one might be over the limit though...as far as I recall, there were two versions - the domestic Japanese version, which was under 1 joule, and an export version which was over.

It does look lovely, i might email them there what's the story with downgrading and stuff. If i wasn't saving up for an m4 gbb i'd def get it. Damn recession.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I'm going to have one of these in my grubby little hands next week.

And a few days after I get it, I'll give Vtec his one. Or maybe I'll give Gerrowadat his first. Decisions, decisions. :D

whens Tigger getting his one?

Tigger wrote: »
    whens Tigger getting his one?

When he buys one from me, I guess :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

good answer

when will that be?
    pm me if you know how much they'll be and when you'll have them

or reply in thread if you want

Tigger wrote: »
    good answer

when will that be?
    pm me if you know how much they'll be and when you'll have them

or reply in thread if you want

I'm getting four sample units in next week, and if they're as good as I expect, they'll be available the week after.

Price will probably be €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Sharad wrote: »
    G&G Top Tech 416 with blowback now available on Airsoft Scotland

http://ecommerce.airsoftscotland.com/airsoft-guns/g-g-taiwan/gandg-top-tech-t418-blowback-aeg.html

Damn, I wish I was Christian instead of Hindu then I could at least have dropped few hints to my parents on what to get me for Christmas:D.
    #

oh sweet jesus i wish i had the money lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

OzCam wrote: »
    The HK416 is their fixed redesigned version of the AR15/M16/M4, chambered for the standard 5.56x45mm NATO round.

The HK417 is a DM rifle chambered for the more powerful 7.62x51mm round.

This round is also known as .308 Winchester in old money, so that's where the 418 name seems to have come from. This may be a confusion or a mistake (or a deliberate obfuscation by G&G to avoid lawsuits); at present the 418 is not listed on HK's website as an official designation.

http://www.heckler-koch.de/HKWebText/detailProd/1928/337/4/19
    http://www.heckler-koch.de/HKWebText/detailProd/1928/345/4/19

The rumored HK418 designation is rumored to be in 6.8x43mm to counter the M468 by Barrett. If it becomes reality or not is up to HK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I'm going to have one of these in my grubby little hands next week.

And a few days after I get it, I'll give Vtec his one. Or maybe I'll give Gerrowadat his first. Decisions, decisions. :D

Bagsie my one first all included no backsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

When this g&g first came on the seen and the first videos where out it was calld a hk416 and had 100% accurate trades, then a company brought the HK IP and will not allow companys to use it so hk had to do differant trades and change the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

The rumored HK418 designation is rumored to be in 6.8x43mm to counter the M468 by Barrett. If it becomes reality or not is up to HK.

Makes some sense, I suppose. If I was H&K I'd probably wait to see whether that 6.8mm round catches on or not. You might as well step up to the 7.2 and simplify the logistics.

(Getting slightly OT here, sorry. Back to Airsoft. At least we only have to worry about one calibre.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Any word on an AG416 being made for airsoft. It's probably the one thing I'd buy on the spot without hesitation!

hk417-eglm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

saw these on wgcshop

akm conversion
    lct_kit_akmsu_l.jpg

rkm conversion
    lct_kit_rpk_l.jpg

akmms
    lct_kit_akmms_l.jpg

there are loads of them by a company called LCT....for ye ak fans it looks like its worth a look...the wood looks fairly stunning IMHO. they are all under new releases in wgcshop. they seems to be all steel....but they aint cheap.

lct is an oem style company, lct kits are used by lots of company's like g&g and Inokatsu and have been sold by Russian mania workshop for some time, i have the rpk myself :)

lct seem to have gone chosen to start selling the parts direct, its an interesting time with both ares and lct selling direct

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Any word on an AG416 being made for airsoft. It's probably the one thing I'd buy on the spot without hesitation!

hk417-eglm.jpg

That's the exact rifle I want in airsoft. A 417 with a proper mag and a filthy big proprietary grenade launcher.

NakedDex wrote: »
    That's the exact rifle I want in airsoft. A 417 with a proper mag and a filthy big proprietary grenade launcher.

would buy in a second but i don;t think a version will be turning up any time in the near future :( , there was talk of vfc making the ag416 but nothing solid followed more vaporware

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Just saw this on RSOV

Is it the old one (by Well I believe)or a newer one?

ACM P90 With Metal Gearbox

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The Master wrote: »
    Just saw this on RSOV

Is it the old one (by Well I believe)or a newer one?

ACM P90 With Metal Gearbox

Doubt its well, the well sells for half that...RSOV have discontinued it http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=2395 and it cost £12.

This could be decent...christmas is fast approacing:)

my money is on it being the jg (or another clone company) e.g where echo1 got there re branded version from

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj6EpVBT_d0

The Top Tech/G&G T416 in action, looks closer to the VFC 416 as it has the same stock, grip and flash hider.

The T418 seems to be part of the same line but comes kitted out with a different grip, crane stock and SCAR flash hider.

Product : Ares - Replica Tavor?

Original Source : http://www.france-airsoft.fr/forum/index.php?showtopic=104242
    Davvowl, France-Airsoft.fr news editor, kindly sent in news which is probably most pleasant recent surprise. A good, affordable replica Tavor is would probably sold like hotcakes. If you decide to repost this news, please quote the original source. Link leads to France Airsoft:

a friend who\'s in HK just took a picture of this baby just 2 hours ago at the QRF store

tavor_ares_0911.jpg

Puding wrote: »

tavor_ares_0911.jpg

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, the only bulp up i would ever getr is the tavor...this better come out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

Puding wrote: »

tavor_ares_0911.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that this thing is an abomination?
    Destroy it with fire!!!!!:D

Sharad wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks that this thing is an abomination?
    Destroy it with fire!!!!!:D

possibly you are alone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

That's a TAR-21 body alright. I got worried the second I saw the word "affordable". That word, coupled with unusual aeg's, immediately springs JLS into my mind. Not a happy thought. I do hope it's decent as it'd be nice to have something fresh in airsoft that's worth having.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ok, I wont start this debate....Anyways, I like them. I'm hoping its JG, they havent gone wrong so far. I cant see the R85s selling at all after this comes out, thank god:D

Advertisement