Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Firekitten wrote: »
    Indeed... SEF are german markings... the bullets are an international languageless selector switch that sadly most people copy :P

Always thought the little bullet symbols were gas.

They might as well write BANG! on the trigger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The Master wrote: »
    Massive +1 on that

AFAIK theres only the 2 Tanaka versions , (discontinued I think)

And a KJ Works version , but it doesn't have trades:(

KJ works used to have a trade marked one, not sure if its still made but i saw some of them bout a year and a half ago.,

masada barrel is out of stock on ehobby but gunner have just added it to their site,

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1908&osCsid=fcbe5f88a898da2069919a3f2d6b48fd
    masadashortbarrel-01.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Masada wrote: »
    KJ works used to have a trade marked one, not sure if its still made but i saw some of them bout a year and a half ago.,

If it's KJ and it has trades then might be worth checking the cybergun lineup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Always thought the little bullet symbols were gas.

They might as well write BANG! on the trigger.

Or 'this end is dangerous' on the muzzle... I wonder can I get someone REAL good at painting to paint 'If you can read this, you're ****ed' on the muzzle end of a suppressor. But thats off topic... A guy in Finland will be back making custom sniper rifles as soon as his military service ends. I saw some of his work in an email, he makes a very good APS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭FunkBlaster87

Anyone know anymore on those ares wa2000's? Price and if any of our own retailers will be getting them in, post ban and all. Dont think anyone really stocks ares stuff here.

Might have to sell the family to get me mitts on one... airsoft family that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

no more on the ares imn afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Fake bolt or slide cover going back and forth FAIL!!!!
    if its gonna be a GBB then I want a full solid feck off propper bolt sliding back and forth and none of this crap
    where a crappy bit of sheet metal flys back and forth
    pretending to be GBB.

~B

It does look a bit sh1t and not nearly as realistic as the WA style but its a pretty good performer. Theres actual recoil from it and there usually pretty efficient., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Another video of the WE 4168

Wantage increases...

• Advertisement

Heres a better pic of that bolt, Loads more over here,
    http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=178576&st=0&#entry2238669

P1010875.jpg

A couple of pics in circulation now of the Tan Tavor from Ares, looks much nicer finish in these than in the ones on redwolfs site too. I tihnk its still a bit too light for me though. Looks like they went with the same type of rail as my one aswell.,:)

4190950233_478fa98043.jpg

4190950463_7c4e898b8b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

WE are firing out a few GBBs, M4s, Mk16s, HK416s and T91s.

WA have bit of catching up to do, then onto AGM. I'll hold out for the WA style GBB systems. To me they seem easier to look after and have far more parts customisation than the WEs with their different dimensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Masada wrote: »

A couple of pics in circulation now of the Tan Tavor from Ares, looks much nicer finish in these than in the ones on redwolfs site too. I tihnk its still a bit too light for me though. Looks like they went with the same type of rail as my one aswell.,:)

Finish is absolutely the same... My man in the Kong has felt one up *hurr*, the tan is darker irl.

Also, that type of rail was announced way before you had yours Masada ;) Like august? when they announced the tan tavor (I'm still disgusted)

WA have bit of catching up to do, then onto AGM. I'll hold out for the WA style GBB systems. To me they seem easier to look after and have far more parts customisation than the WEs with their different dimensions.

after trying both i tbh have to lean towards the WE system, all original parts are available as spare, the system although not esthetically pleasing as the WA system i find is war more efficient on gas and you ave reliable co2 mags with npas systems, great for the irish climit :)

but have to agree the wa system does have more accessory's and bolt on parts available, wa for dress up we for play, only joking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

If you can do a "Chun Cigireachta Taispeánaig Airm" and see an empty chamber rather than a brass cylinder! I'm happy :D if not it most likely would be off my list of things to buy.

~B

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

bullets wrote: »
    If you can do a "Chun Cigireachta Taispeánaig Airm" and see an empty chamber rather than a brass cylinder! I'm happy :D if not it most likely would be off my list of things to buy.

Jaysus Bullets:eek:

The memories are all flooding back now

The speculation regarding a WELL G3 SAS GBB seem to have gone quiet

Still a girl can dream:o

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=178595&st=0&start=0

Possible clone of the VFC BAR 1918 BAR + bi pod + Carrying handle less than 300usd apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

love my ess, might have to give the clone set a look as a back up or a source of spares :)

also have to agree with you about the element surefire clones, lovely pieces for the price, been meaning to pick up the eM600C scout for some time knwo

• Advertisement

This might be nice. handy for the trend in PMC loadouts lately,.:)
    http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=4488
    tag_0606_gry.jpg

tag_0606_1.jpg

tag_0606_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Bad news on the Socom Gear M9 folks...look at its chrono-ing on Red Wolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHpi_5dMNC4

5.43 and it reads 329 fps, and goes up to 331. The tiniest little bit hot...will our climate bring it down enough to make it legal to import? Or is the chrono reading so minute that it's grand? Reason I ask is that I've heard Garda Ballistics use CO2 for testing...which will boost it's FPS again

What gas are they using in that demo? I cant view it. And a Finnish guy is supposed to be making some fancy ass PEQ box that has a strobe light 'to disorient the enemy'. Kinda sounds like it would disorient the user unless they were wearing those fancy welding goggles. A Swedish guy is wondering if his custom airsoft rifles can be Eire Legal. They use a standard .22 Air rifle as the base platform and apparently are available down to 1J. Must confirm that though. They are single shot, reload. No mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Phractal wrote: »
    What gas are they using in that demo? I cant view it. And a Finnish guy is supposed to be making some fancy ass PEQ box that has a strobe light 'to disorient the enemy'. Kinda sounds like it would disorient the user unless they were wearing those fancy welding goggles. A Swedish guy is wondering if his custom airsoft rifles can be Eire Legal. They use a standard .22 Air rifle as the base platform and apparently are available down to 1J. Must confirm that though. They are single shot, reload. No mag.
    Oh yeah, lets get strobe lights! What a great idea...
    What if someone has epilepsy? I'd be pissed off if someone started shining that in my face, they'd be getting a punch to be honest.
    That air rifle thing is a stupid idea, besides if it's based on an air rifle, it would need a licence wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Why would you want a 1J air rifle anyway?

It would be useless:rolleyes:

They are single shot, reload. No mag

can not see much market hear, would rather stay with the vsr or anything other springer or aeg with a magazine :) i could see the converted air rifle being a nice base for the country with a lot higher fps limit but i can not see much point hear

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

PPSH vid from hp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

I hope it sounds that good in the flesh but it's probably just the acoustics in the room and poor quality sound equipment.

I think the airrifle conversion to airsoft gun idea is for real old style milsim or something- insert round, fire, run away and reload. Think 'Musket'. The strobe light thing, while interesting, has some serious health repercussions. Someone indeed could be epileptic or such. Still, it would be an interesting device to test out on myself- see just how disorientating it really is. Apparently the right frequency will cause siesures (sp?) In 'normal' non epileptics so there is danger there. Dodgy if you ask me

• Advertisement

I think the airrifle conversion to airsoft gun idea is for real old style milsim or something- insert round, fire, run away and reload. Think 'Musket'.

so great for nepolionic milsim but not so good for anything else :) looks would be way off and again i can not see there being a market really, sorry still sounds like a kinda stupid idea unless your looking for very high fps,

Advertisement