Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

Looks like the WE M14 is starting to materialize.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the last video had me hooked this just put me over the top, to the top of the wish list you go :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

that puts to bed any debate as to who makes it afterall huh., :)looks like an interesting system., I'll be looking for that if i go to the IWA this year.,

Masada wrote: »
    that puts to bed any debate as to who makes it afterall huh., :)looks like an interesting system., I'll be looking for that if i go to the IWA this year.,

was going to say you better pick up some nice pictures :) unfortunately my holidays from work can not stretch to berget and uk trips and a trip to the IWA and at the same time keep the better half happy with a trip to the in laws :eek: something has to give

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

looks nice alright,
    but what was the pistol? a BAP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SparkyDNut

When they have a prototype to that level, how long to they normally take to get it to market ?

SparkyDNut wrote: »
    When they have a prototype to that level, how long to they normally take to get it to market ?

more than likely they will have a finished version at IWA show maybe so about middle of the year for being readily available from retailers? WE are normally pretty fast with getting models out and they seem to be rather far along with this one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

gungun wrote: »
    but what was the pistol? a BAP?

It looks a Browning HiPower alright, from the front slide and small ejection port.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Not been reunited with my original account yet since the
    hack attack on boards, getting really peeved that I'm waiting so bloody long,
    but had to log in with my accidently created account, and say.....
    .... I want I want I want.

No Brass Tube! on that M14 yummy :)
    and after all (and still ongoing hassle) getting a BAP
    now there is one made from Full Metal!!!!

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

pre-release external review of snow wolf m82, due out in a month or so supposedly

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=90425.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

500fps and like the socom version its an aeg rather than a sniper spring or gas job ,
    on the plus its priced at 250us -300 :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

and at 1j will be about as effective as an m4 with weights strapped to it.... pretty pointless sadly... but then so would a bolty be unless allowed decent fps and 8mm, but not in Ireland. Collectors piece, but aleast an affordable one. May have me one of these for the sake of it :)

ghost town auctioned off for $3.1 million

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100205/ap_on_re_eu/eu_latvia_town_for_sale
    SKRUNDA, Latvia – Latvia sold a deserted town built around a Soviet-era radar station to a Russian investor who bid $3.1 million at an unusual auction Friday, officials said.

The town formerly known as Skrunda-1 housed about 5,000 people during the Cold War but was abandoned over a decade ago after the Russian military withdrew from Latvia following the Soviet collapse.

A representative of a Russian investor won the bidding contest in Latvia's capital, Riga, with an offer of 1.55 million lats ($3.1 million), said Anete Fridensteina-Bridina, a spokeswoman for the Baltic country's privatization agency. She said the buyer was Aleksejevskoje-Serviss, a Russia-based firm, though she could not provide details.

It wasn't immediately clear what plans the buyer had for the 110-acre (45 hectare) property, which is located in western Latvia about 95 miles (150 kilometers) from Riga. The town contains about 70 dilapidated buildings, including apartment blocks, a school, barracks and an officers' club.

Built in the 1980s, Skrunda-1 was a secret settlement not marked on Soviet maps because of the two enormous radar installations that listened to objects in space and monitored the skies for a U.S. nuclear missile attack. Like all clandestine towns in the Soviet Union, it was kept off maps and given a code-name — which usually consisted of a number and the name of a nearby city.

we should have done a collection ;)

lemming would have bought it... he likes expensive toys :P

Looks like the chernobyl map in Modern Warfare 1. :D

Looks like the chernobyl map in Modern Warfare 1. :D
    Or stalker...

There are more games to reference than Call of duty :P

Though I did see Eirsoft's new advert in take aim... referencing COD....

It made me cry...

stalker was the first thing to come to my mine actually :) but cod1 would be a good reference as well :p

I never actually played stalker myself, just saw things about it on the net, the tower block jumped out to me as Chernobyl though, all ya need there is a ferris wheel., :D

PS: I got me Specter this morning Pud, it looks quite nice and its sitting im my Scar at the moment. the finish is actually really nice but as stated in the past, the shiney bits are a but emm, shiney. very happy with it though, I was thinking about rubbing them down with some scotchlite but im not really that bothered, ive seen real ones with it too so its cool,., I read your review and agree fully on the clarity and eye relief., I own a regular Elcan Sight and its as good if not better, and lower mounted to boot. :)

I never actually played stalker myself, just saw things about it on the net, the tower block jumped out to me as Chernobyl though, all ya need there is a ferris wheel., :D

PS: I got me Specter this morning Pud, it looks quite nice and its sitting im my Scar at the moment. the finish is actually really nice but as stated in the past, the shiney bits are a but emm, shiney. very happy with it though, I was thinking about rubbing them down with some scotchlite but im not really that bothered, ive seen real ones with it too so its cool,., I read your review and agree fully on the clarity and eye relief., I own a regular Elcan Sight and its as good if not better, and lower mounted to boot. :)

glad you got your elcan, would you be able to take some pictures before you refinish it? would be nice to add a couple as reference to the review if that is possible, there was a guy on arnies that refinished the fde version, turned out rather nice

• Advertisement

yup, I've been roped into a drive shaft and tie rod replacement so it'll be a couple of hours before i get the chance to pick up the camera though.,:)

Puding wrote: »
    stalker was the first thing to come to my mine actually :) but cod1 would be a good reference as well :p
    no... modern warfare 1...

Call of duty one was actually a decent game :P

*ends offtopic*

Forgot to post these up yesterday, cheap and cheerful, but man did i make good use of them yesterday. highly reccomended to have a few of these hooked on your vest, very handy.,:)
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/james-ghillie-tactical-link-color-p-2947.html
    GHILLIE%20TEX%20TACTICAL%20LINK.jpg

Masada got Krabs?

hehe, good find, I've used Karabiners on my gear since... the dawn of time, great for hanging magpulled empties off or any odd bit of gear .

Firekitten's top tip of the day: put two grenade pouches side by side, and a krab inbetween, or a grimlock (also awesome) and put the pins on the grenades in the krab, but keep the grenade in the pouch. (tip for you senny hoards)
    now just unclip pouch, pull and throw, simples :D Onehanded grenade throwing when you dont want to lower your weapon to frag some muppet.

Also awesome on the nozzle.. need a new one for mine. :) Masada's on fire today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Firekitten wrote: »
    It made me cry...

An added benefit :D

Shiva wrote: »
    An added benefit :D
    I got a few shocked looks when I swore on seeing it in the hospital waiting room :P You've sunk lower than I thought you would Tony... *tut tut* I expected it from your gremlin, but not from you :)

I got a few shocked looks when I swore on seeing it in the hospital waiting room :P You've sunk lower than I thought you would Tony... *tut tut* I expected it from your gremlin, but not from you :)

Once the marketing crowd get your soul, there's no going back !

Shiva wrote: »
    Once the marketing crowd get your soul, there's no going back !
    Marketing crowd.... satan, same difference I guess. :rolleyes:

Next Eirsoft will be stocking the Twilight books yes? and the limited edition Edward Cullen m4? all sparkly...

• Advertisement

Marketing crowd.... satan, same difference I guess. :rolleyes:

Next Eirsoft will be stocking the Twilight books yes? and the limited edition Edward Cullen m4? all sparkly...

Ahh here......Thats personal abuse, that is !!

MODS !!!!

Advertisement