Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Barge pole. Me. Touching. Not with.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Does it come in black?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Does it come in black?

Heathen..the black version looks awful:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Getting a black Masada is like getting a black SCAR, its not ment to be:pac:.

I thought Magpul were taking legal action against anyone who tries to produce a Masada AEG copy as they are working on the official version?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

TAN FTW!
    Im defo getting one., :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

They were..... Meh, serves them right as they should have hurried up with their PTS one.

Getting a black Masada is like getting a black SCAR, its not ment to be:pac:.

I thought Magpul were taking legal action against anyone who tries to produce a Masada AEG copy as they are working on the official version?

They are taking action. Possibly to the extent of raiding not only the factory, but the house of everyone who buys such a monstrosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Whats so bad about it?

opportunity to rant given...

I've heard this is a JLS project, and given their previous form with the FN2000 and the CX Storm, it'll most likely have terrible build quality and shoddy performance. I will, however, wait until I see one up close to finalise that argument.
    I just don't see the point of getting a sub standard clone (again, based on what I've heard) of a rifle that the RS manufacturers are going to build in airsoft form anyway, out of the same external parts the real one is made in.

Then again, I'm a Magpul fanboi (getting that in there before one of my "detractors" decides to dig in). But it's hard not to be when everything they do is pretty much perfect. Anyone who's seen the difference between a clone and original airsoft PMag will understand.

JLS then, see your point.

Cool gun though.

• Advertisement

Magpul do make quality products for airsoft alright. Just watching a vid Vtec posted in another thread comparing Magpul Pmags and clone Pmags.

It was like watching the real steel comparison vid between GI M16 mags, H&K M16 mags and Magpul Pmags.

Depending on the price and external quality it might be worth geting the ACM Masada and upgrade the internals.

I'd also love to know where they got enough info to clone it, since the only people with full design specs on it are in Magpul and Bushmaster and the Masada project never actually had a final concept or unit. The one famously featured on Future Weapons was still one of the protoypes, and almost all the promotion pictures that were going about were of different variations.
    Much like the spoon, there is no Masada. Beyond Magpuls R&D centre that is. How does one clone a gun that doesn't exist?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I wouldnt hold my breath for the Magpul one though, it could be a long time before that comes out. i already have a JLS scar and FN2000 so i wouldnt be too put off with another JLS, their Beretta Storm was built fairly well with the exception of the sh*te metal they used on parts like the mag relase etc.,

It seems to be still going, just about, I think it may be revived. This shot was taken an event in the US this year.

Masada.jpg

That's the Bushmaster ACR. Magpul sold the Masada project to Bushmaster while keeping key contracts like the furniture and consultancy. The result is Bushmaster building a cost efficient version of the Masada called the ACR. The upside is, it will be going into production. The downside is, it's no longer completely modular.

You sure, all the pics I have seen of the ACR, they have all been black and look alot closer to the SCAR and have and all railled fore grip unlike the Masada.

Yeah, definite. The ACR has that distinctive cocking lever that wasn't on the early Masadas. It was added in later when the MOE furniture was added, just prior to handover to Bushmaster. Part of that MOE furniture kit did include a foregrip that could have rails bolted on, a lá the G36c/k foregrip

Incidentally, I believe the Masada Magpul are making will be to the spec they want. So it's entirely possible we'll see parts on it that we've never seen before. I'd love an ACR too, but I'm willing to wait for them to finish the real one before I get my hopes up about an airsoft edition.

At the moment WGC have up to 40% off some guns.
    http://www.wargameclub.com/promotion/2008_yearend_sale_04dec.html

The most notable is the ksc hk33, this is an aeg with a unique gearbox, a proper sear so it fires crisply, and is pre-cocking afaik, like a psg-1.

Also, the charging handle works, it cocks the piston and loads a bb.

I'm so tempted to get one.

In fact, the only thing stopping me is lack of funds, and I'm buying too much airsoft lately, so I posted here, hopefully someone will enjoy that gun :(

Can we survive all this festive temptation as airsofters, with wallets intact?

Not if we post in here the best bargains going.

Apparantly a lot of parts are proprietry - E.g the spring, and the gears are very very bad.

Aye, heard that, more of a novelty piece if anything.

Aparently jls did a clone of it too, and its meant to be good.

I saw one of the webstores have spare gears for it.

I suppose its up to people, if you want a unique if flawed aeg, there it is on sale.

• Advertisement

There was pictures of that posted in this very thread I believe. There was a raging conversation about who could be doing it despite a sticky note saying Ares stuck onto the front of it. It'll be interesting to see when it comes out.

Hopefully it's better made than their DSR1. The pic that was posted was of just the polymer stock.

Given that it's transpired that Ares make a good portion of Star gear for them, I'd say they have the ability to do a decent job of it. If nothing else, the sales of them (and they will sell) might convince a high end company to do one.

TSI Armouries have had one in planning for agessss remember.

Yeah, literally for years. I'm not holding my breath for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

======

Product : Preorder TM M4 Sopmod

Source : http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=TM-AEG-SMM4_srch_1
    Gear Box: /

Motor: /

Magazine: 82 Rounds ( NOT Compatible with former M4 / M16 Series Magazines )

Length: 803-878mm

Barrel Length: 364mm

Weight: /

Battery: Custom 8.4V 1300mAh Battery ( Not Included )

Muzzle Velocity: /
    Package Includes: Gun, Magazine, Manual, Battery to Charger Adapter

Features:

- New Generation AEG System with SHOOT & RECOIL Engine Ver.2

- Full Aluminum Construction with ABS Stock/Grip

- Stops firing with empty magazine ( 82 Rds Spring Magazine only ), re-activate with bolt-release.

- Spring Magazine with interchangeable 82 / 30 Rds Modes

tm_aeg_smm4pre_m.jpg

the killer the bloody battery's :(
    - Suitable for Marui SOPMOD M4 AEG
    Marui 8.4V 1300mAh Battery for SOPMOD M4

tm_84_1300smm4pre_m.jpg

Meh, should be able to solder that connector thing on to something else hopefully....

8.4v or not, I want that badly. It's the MilSim rifle the Systema PTW was trying to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

this m4 is ment to give good performance from the 8,4 and going by what i;ve seen from the new ak line #(also restricted to an 8.4 due to space) i can believe it, im the same as you nakeddex looking forward to systema realism in a more affordable and practical package

Advertisement