Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Yes! got his weak spot... *plots*

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Firekitten wrote: »
    Marketing crowd.... satan, same difference I guess. :rolleyes:

Next Eirsoft will be stocking the Twilight books yes? and the limited edition Edward Cullen m4? all sparkly...

That will prob get loads of wimmins playing the airsoft though....Firekitten may be tapping into a market!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ebaybanned now have this gucci chrome bolt for the WA platform., No idea of its spec yet, doesn't say if its alloy, steel etc the chrome finish doesn't look fantastic but i'll see if i can get anymore info on it before making my mind up.,:)

coeer%20n%20BOLT%20AABB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Its just a matter of time before the multicam colored bolt carrier comes out.

Or one with magpul engraved on it, claiming to be lighter or tacticaler or something.

If only you were the National Lottery Machine Sam, I'd be a millionaire. :p

• Advertisement

Masada wrote: »
    If only you were the National Lottery Machine Sam, I'd be a millionaire. :p

No more predictable than your purchasing habits :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

k99_64 wrote: »
    That will prob get loads of wimmins playing the airsoft though....Firekitten
    may be tapping into a market!
    Dont make me laugh. Twilight is for hopelessly romantic 13yo girls, and middleaged single mums. It makes me and most of my mates gag.

As for tapping into the market...um, why would I want to do that? Wnat to rethink that comment? :P

Sam: thats the point... His habits are entirely predictable; you could sell him anything it its tan, got rails, or multicam...

Though someone did give me a multicam bikini once *rethinks mentioning it* No Richie you cant have it...

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Firekitten wrote: »
    Dont make me laugh. Twilight is for hopelessly romantic 13yo girls, and middleaged single mums. It makes me and most of my mates gag.

As for tapping into the market...um, why would I want to do that? Wnat to rethink that comment? :P

For the monies?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

k99_64 wrote: »
    For the monies?
    For teh lulz?

Element copys of the MS2 Magpul lanyard's over there too., These are deadly., i even use them in my photography kit and all.,:D

http://www.ebairsoft.com/element-ex149-operator-retention-lanyard-single-p-2951.html
    EX149.jpg

http://battletac.com/web/guest/commander
    BattleTac wrote:

Commander is a portable BattleTac device designed for team leaders, section leaders and for in-vehicle use. On its big, 4.3" screen you can track all your units easily, but the device itself is small enough to fit in your admin pouch.
    We ship the device to you with BattleTac preinstalled, it's quite simple to start using it: just put in your SIM card and go to the field.
    The battery lasts 3-4 hours under typical conditions, it's enough for most MilSim missions. If you need more, you can use a simple external battery.
    Additionally, the Commander is a full featured satnav device, we can ship it with PolNav car navigator software, or you can run your favorite navi software too.
    Plus, it plays multimedia too: During pause you can show your best action photos and videos to your buddies on the big screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

If you have a decent mobile data plan ... wait, this is Ireland, half the country doesn't even have a mobile signal if my phone is to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wait does it track phones then or other GPS units also connecting via GPRS?

It looks like each person has to have one (or at least something connected to the internet with the same software on it) and it tracks using GPS. There's probably a server you all log into that coordinates the network.

Sort of off topic but I wonder if you could do it using wi-fi instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Stonewolf wrote: »
    It looks like each person has to have one (or at least something connected to the internet with the same software on it) and it tracks using GPS. There's probably a server you all log into that coordinates the network.

Sort of off topic but I wonder if you could do it using wi-fi instead.

Wifi wouldnt have the range, licensed band radia or even PMR would give you a lot more range. Dunno if there are issues with having two transmitters so close to each other(I'd guess there needs to be a significant gap in freqs to stop side interference). Anyone know what kinda frequencies GPS uses?

range was what I was thinking would be the major issue yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Thats a fairly novel idea alright, any videos of it in action?
    I wonder how effective it will be and what sortn of strains it will put on other parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

That Tremors unit is very interesting!!
    Any idea if it is actually for sale? and if so where?

Thats a fairly novel idea alright, any videos of it in action?
    I wonder how effective it will be and what sortn of strains it will put on other parts.

:)

Rooky1 wrote: »
    That Tremors unit is very interesting!!
    Any idea if it is actually for sale? and if so where?

here it is over at Ratech. pricey,:)
    http://en.ratech.com.tw/product/rag/ra_custome_work/rag_custome_work.php

• Advertisement

Fúck that i think id rather spend the money on a decent GBBR.
    Youd be better off putting the internals of a rampant rabbit in your buffertube.

Its more of a vibration that recoil, which is to be expected given that they are useing the piston as the driving force & probably why they named it Tremors & not recoil.

Inginuity all the same, its a pity the cloners will be making the money off the back of it.

Yeah i agree, i like to see people coming up with something new but realistically, for the parts and end result it seems a bit like wasted money. your gun will still sound like a turbo charged pencil sharpener. :)

I suppose until we start seeing System 7 style GBBRs there will still be a market for gimmicks like this for AEGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Forget buying the actual aeg, they sell the Tremor kit for $78!!!:D;):D

There are a few of those, been out a while in different types, but being WE I was always put off them. Cobra airsoft have the other models.

you need to get yore hands on a modern WE sam.,their not still at the level of that luger thing.,:)

their not the top brand by any stretch of the imagination, but a decent gun with upgrade potential., I might pick up that one above, but you can see under the slide there, the finish isn't exactly perfect.

you need to get yore hands on a modern WE sam.,their not still at the level of that luger thing.,:)

their not the top brand by any stretch of the imagination, but a decent gun with upgrade potential., I might pick up that one above, but you can see under the slide there, the finish isn't exactly perfect.

I still think they are over priced for what they are, the 1911's specifically when you have TM compatible 1911's for much cheaper that are better made.

I've had a few WE pistols and never was impressed, sometimes appalled. I have heard they got better, and seem to be doing more interesting things like the GBB rifles.

I would be interested to hear if these are any good, I would just be wary given their past performance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I love WE, I have a pistol from them and a really god price from SEairsoft:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

hexagon PPsh in action in scotland ,not exactly new but me likes

Advertisement