Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Gorgeous WA GBB receiver set, I think im gonna need this, yup, need.

larue%20promotion%20wa%20body.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

might be helpful for people that like to record their games
    http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=648

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

T4RGET wrote: »
    might be helpful for people that like to record their games
    http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=648

Are they rated for impacts?

fayer wrote: »
    Are they rated for impacts?

hhmmmm fair point actually, can't find it anywhere, kinda mis-leading....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

T4RGET wrote: »
    hhmmmm fair point actually, can't find it anywhere, kinda mis-leading....:eek:

Well it dosent say anywhere that you can use them as eye protection.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

look like these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190360811964&ih=009&category=48632&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

see more like gadget shop stuff that for airsoft eye protection, and for that cash there are far better cameras you can pick up with a lot better quality video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

These are on sale in most gadget shops and not in any airsoft specific section usually beside the spy cams. I would be surprised if they provide sufficient protection against a bb impact.

Edit Puding beat me to it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Just get a gun or helmet cam, we spend a fortune on our gear so splash out a bit on a good camera

fayer wrote: »
    Well it dosent say anywhere that you can use them as eye protection.....

I just noticed that too after you asked.. kinda odd though, that could cause serious problems:eek:....

hoplite wrote: »
    These are on sale in most gadget shops and not in any airsoft specific section usually beside the spy cams. I would be surprised if they provide sufficient protection against a bb impact.

Edit Puding beat me to it :-)

and so did fayer ahah :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Just a note... Military shows (including W&P) are included in my airsoft calendars, as are certain other events which may interest airsofters.

Click on the Ireland, Britain or All Events links in my sig for details.
    E&OE.

OzCam wrote: »
    Just a note... Military shows (including W&P) are included in my airsoft calendars, as are certain other events which may interest airsofters.

Click on the Ireland, Britain or All Events links in my sig for details.
    E&OE.

nice one, gotta log out though to see your signature :( :P

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

As a long-time fan of crazy Internet guys who think they make things better than anybody else (reference Hyde Definition PenCott camo, Battlefront's Combat Mission company-level combat simulation computer game, and Game Science precision dice for starters), my goggles are by Bitter End and make me look like even more of a badass than my badass face. Unfortunately my badass face is also devastatingly attractive meaning I can't in good conscience risk it to a BB strike. The joy to discover Bitter End making a lower face shield like that Russian crowd, but without the mad shipping costs.

http://www.st6-airsoft.com/lower_mask.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Might get me one of them there yokes!

021810_03.jpg

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2010/02/19/its-official-us-army-adopts-multicam-for-use-in-oef/

It’s official: US Army adopts Multicam for use in OEF

The US Army announced this morning that it will begin fielding Multicam ACUs to forces flowing into Afghanistan as soon as this summer. Program officials told us explicitly that we would begin to see Mulitcam fielding in August. The Army plans to begin the fielding in two overlapping stages. The initial push will be to get Multicam on 2 units deploying for OEF this summer. Once that effort is underway, the Army will then concentrate on getting new ACU-Multicam and selected OCIE to currently deployed OEF-A soldiers.
    Boom.
    According to the Army’s test results, Multicam was the only camo pattern to rank first in all three categories of the photosimulation evaluation.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Criteria for US army camo selection

is it the lowest bid-yes

can it be bought off the rail -yes

can it be made in a 3rd world country for 10 dollars a week -yes

does it come with a made in china label -yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Mmmmmmh Multicam surplus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Gatling wrote: »

is it the lowest bid-yes

....happy days...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

To be fair, Multicam works well in Afghanistan.

For further discussion see my sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

:D
    Stonewolf wrote: »
    To be fair, Multicam works well in Afghanistan.

For further discussion see my sig.
    yes i agree,thats why i bought it to use over here..ohhh..em ahem..oh look at something over there!anyway jokin aside i do agree with you:D
    (whats a sig ?)
    ahh ....(I don't know but I've been told, multicam debate is pretty old! ) is this a sig!

• Advertisement

the end is nigh!!!!

but seriously about bloody time, multicam is a great camo for astan

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭RampantWolf

It's already there, this from HMForces.co.uk.

http://www.hmforces.co.uk/news/articles/2165-multicam-in-afghanistan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

deco nate wrote: »
    :D
    yes i agree,thats why i bought it to use over here..ohhh..em ahem..oh look at something over there!anyway jokin aside i do agree with you:D
    (whats a sig ?)
    ahh ....(I don't know but I've been told, multicam debate is pretty old! ) is this a sig!

Not to venture too far into the topic there are places in Ireland where Multicam would be an advantage if the site was big enough (I grew up in a valley in Donegal that would be an excellent example). There aren't really any sites or events of that size though.

What Multicam has going for it in Ireland is that it works better in open field and roadway than most traditional Northern European schemes which is where Hyde Definition would have you believe most combat occurs. This is especially an advantage in winter when the predominant colour shifts towards Tan.

Fixed that for you,

is it the lowest bid- Isnt everything in the military?

can it be bought off the rail - No, its being made in ACU cut,

can it be made in a 3rd world country for 10 dollars a week - no again, it costs approximately 76 dollars to kit a soldier in.

does it come with a made in china label - and no, is china a 3rd world country?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

is it the lowest bid-yes

Actually, as far as I know most of the American military personal equipment is made by convict labour in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Horse84

I'm assuming this is the same as the ares one?? just saw it on ehobby there
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/sniper-rifles/star/star-cheytac-m200-gas-sniper-rifle-bk.html
    file_106_6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

i heard theres a slight difference in the mag
    no idea if thats true though

same as the ares, well it is the ares, first i heard about any issues with mags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    Actually, as far as I know most of the American military personal equipment is made by convict labour in America.

It has to be made in the US by law. Look up something called the Berry Amendment.
    What Multicam has going for it in Ireland is that it works better in open field and roadway than most traditional Northern European schemes which is where Hyde Definition would have you believe most combat occurs.

And where most of the traditional schemes are too dark... which is one reason why the greens in PenCott are so bright. Actually Dom Hyde believes, in common with many experts, that future combat will be weighted towards urban, suburban and littoral areas. The day of mass armoured manoeuvres in open country is over, and you can still use a dark pattern in the forests as necessary. He doesn't claim that PenCott works everywhere, he's very open that it's biased towards certain areas. That's a much more reasonable attitude than claiming something is "Universal", so credit to him for that.
    This is especially an advantage in winter when the predominant colour shifts towards Tan.

And, believe it or not, DPCU. And probably about 18 or so of Puding's ~300 Russian camos. :)

PS: I posted the Multicam news in the OT thread because I thought that was the appropriate place for it as it was Real Steel news. Perhaps it should have been here. Maybe a mod could give us guidance?

• Advertisement

Advertisement