Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

gungun wrote: »
    but if they arnt made out of depleted uruanium polymer and bursting with a nanotechnologicaly enhanced tan colour, why bother?:pac:
    Cos VN style mags are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

gungun wrote: »
    but if they arnt made out of depleted uruanium polymer and bursting with a nanotechnologicaly enhanced tan colour, why bother?:pac:

Blasphemy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

...And they're made by ProWin.

See what I did there?

/Gets coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭moggser

can you spell Pwnt

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Harakka

From another forum, link has a load of photos of the upcoming WE M14 GBB plus loads of other (very interesting) stuff in development, partiularly these two:

ap_F23_20100228095235123.jpg?TTAgvjLBBVJJD1v5

ap_F23_20100228094635443.jpg?TTAgvjLBUWm8ECqU

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/godweapon_brason/article?mid=21906&prev=-1&next=21754

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Judging by the look of that grip, Id say the SU is an AEG, possibly someone making a gas gun from an AEG maybe?

The sten also looks like the Viva too, only stripped back.,

Could well be an aeg converted but all the items are gbbr's being developed by WE so maybe a conversion kit? WE are also switching to a WA style loading nozzle apparently for all present and upcoming gbbr's.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

In one of those pics was that an l85 I saw? A gbb version would be unbelievable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Masada wrote: »
    Judging by the look of that grip, Id say the SU is an AEG, possibly someone making a gas gun from an AEG maybe?

Yeah id agree wit you there but they shouldnt be using an AEG grip if she has GBB internals, maybe a wor in progress.

Masada wrote: »
    The sten also looks like the Viva too, only stripped back.,

Shhh thats R&D china stylee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I hope the ak stops firing on empty, the ghk didn't and it was kind of a put off for me.

The link shows gbb internals for the aksu;

ap_F23_20100228095307435.jpg?TTAgvjLBB25hnUdV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Markom5a wrote: »
    In one of those pics was that an l85 I saw? A gbb version would be unbelievable!!!

Totally but there's a lot of stuff on that stand including a G36 and a greasegun.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

I hope the ak stops firing on empty, the ghk didn't and it was kind of a put off for me.

The auld 2 tin cans & a bit of string O2 modem wasnt able to process all the pics fast enough so i clicked out & just made a presimption.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Stonewolf wrote: »
    Totally but there's a lot of stuff on that stand including a G36 and a greasegun.

There was even an ACR/Masada on that stand. But yeah a GBBr L85 and G36 = gimy now money no object.

/starts working a 70hr week.

Markom5a wrote: »

There was photos on a L85 going back to when the SCAR was announced so hopefully it's well into development. Just noticed on the photo of the shelf of guns about midway on the page is what looks like a Masada, could be a aeg though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There was even an ACR/Masada on that stand. But yeah a GBBr L85 and G36 = gimy now money no object.

/starts working a 70hr week.

SRC have a Full range of GBBR G36s coming out this year id say there due in the next 2-3 months see top left 2 images below

src_katalog_2812a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmICZPG4Bk8&feature=sub

http://www.guay2.com/EN/eng_our_product/HBA.htm

Any other models I've heard anything about have all been quite heavy, the presenter gives the impression that this one may be be easier to handle due to the CNC-machined aluminium construction but G&G still have it listed at 4.5kg. I don't want to be hauling nearly 10lb of AEG around the field but it will be interesting to see this AEG when it is released

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

its not normally the over all weight of the ebr as there have been light weight versions already, its the weight distribution and that it is always going to be front heavy that can be annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Lads, I have to say its one of the coolest looking AEGs on the market but I recently had the opportunity to play with my brothers full metal EBR and although he had striped it down to reduce the weight you'd want to be a bodybuilder to play a full day with it. I never asked him what make it was but on the plus side the range and accuracy made up for the cumbersome weight issue moving around.

lol, dont be fooled, that weighs as much as the other airsoft versions out there. Beautiful gun though, id get one for a MW2 loadout., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

very nice looking gun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Bike gloves are usually more unwieldy than airsoft gloves, for when you fall off at 60mph and have to stop you face grinding into the tarmac :P

Bike gloves are usually more unwieldy than airsoft gloves, for when you fall off at 60mph and have to stop you face grinding into the tarmac :P

tut tut, dont endorse riding without a helmet.... :p

but yeah, bike gloves are uncomfortable on a bike as it is, you'll do well to wield a rifle with a pair on., :)

Just get some of those nice leather ones with thick pads on the outsides off all bar one finger.

As a motorcyclist I cant recommend cycle gloves, they're hot, stiff and your trigger finger will be huge and awkward. They also look daft for airsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Stonewolf wrote: »
    Just get some of those nice leather ones with thick pads on the outsides off all bar one finger.

As a motorcyclist I cant recommend cycle gloves, they're hot, stiff and your trigger finger will be huge and awkward. They also look daft for airsoft.

As another motorcyclist I agree way to bulky for airsoft but you can use the neoprene half face mask and neck protection that are used under helmets they work great

neoprene-face-mask.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Shows how much I know about motorbikes....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

As a biker myself all the guys are right in what they are saying! But there is an exception to that rule and that is offroad bike gloves!!;)

These are really comfortable and perfect for airsoft. I used this type for my 1st year and couldn't complain about them.

Only problem is they are a bit bright!!
    http://mxdirtrider.com/h-products/pr-apparel-sixsixone-offroad-gloves-2006-adult-comp.htm

Shows how much I know about motorbikes....

I remember ages back some lad asked if he could use his bike helmet in airsoft!

I'm sure it would have worked(a bit) but the consensus was he'd snap his own neck trying to dive around the place in it!

ap_F23_20100228095307435.jpg?TTAgvjLBB25hnUdV

Actually, check that tab on the bottom right of the magwell, looks to be connected to a tilting arm, that may prevent firing when the follower goes up all the way!

• Advertisement

So what's SRCs stuff like?

Advertisement