Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

How does gun blue actually work, is it like a paint or what?

Edit: I wiki'd it, realising what a lazy sh1te I was being otherwise.

It is a chemical reaction and only works with steel apparantly, so it wouldn't work at all with pot metal I'd guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

there are ways to do it on all sorts of metals, i was looking into it last week and found a few chaps that make model railways and had lists of do's and donts with different metals,., I'll post it up if i can find it.,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

@3:36 props to Take AIM magazine truly an international reach!

Nicely spotted there.,:)

4417717052_55deb5e0bc_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Saw this and a few other pics over on Arnies.

IMG_4393.jpg

Surprised to see the ARES LMG there, but after seeing this picture I decided to do a quick search and just found it on pre-order from UNCompany.
    No idea when it'll be released but the cost is $410.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Saw this and a few other pics over on Arnies.

IMG_4393.jpg

Surprised to see the ARES LMG there, but after seeing this picture I decided to do a quick search and just found it on pre-order from UNCompany.
    No idea when it'll be released but the cost is $410.

the intervention looks nice, I don't know if that's the real name and i don't really like MW2 that much anymore but the gun looks good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

T4RGET wrote: »
    the intervention looks nice, I don't know if that's the real name and i don't really like MW2 that much anymore but the gun looks good:)
    Well you can pick one up for the bargain price of $1399;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

T4RGET wrote: »

It's CheyTec M200 the Intervention name is real and it will cost you €1k+ in airsoft from. You won't be seeing many if any of those babies around here I won't think.

I'd stick to watching it in Shooter.:D

haha fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

I'd stick to watching it in Shooter.:D

Just have to say. Savage movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

bullets wrote: »
    You can buy these in Ireland from a lot of the fishing/shooting stores or gun dealers. (Rather than ordering all the way from China)
    Tru Oil is good for an oil finish on a stock that has no previous varnish coat on it. Dunno what kind of results would would get on the cheap nasty wood they tend to use for Airsoft stocks though, could be a waste of money.
    Have not heard too many good stories about the do it yourself bluing kits, probably get horrific results on pot metal.

~B

The oil will bring up the grain of the wood so depending on what type of wood youll get varying results, you might have to add a darker stain for a richer colour.

Ive used the bluing kits before to touch up so wear marks & rust on actions & barrels.
    Its ok....for a touch up, even then its not very deep or even, i couldnt imagine doin a whole gun or part with it.
    You'd be better off with a bath.

Im fairly sure i saw that exact Birchwood Casey kit for sub €20 online as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

New Ares Catalog

new stuff , the M240 we already new about but then also a M3A1 Grease Gun and a M40 Pulse rifile, model mini 1911, SAKO, GL-06, M82a2 and M40a3 a4 a5

preview.jpg

some off the wall stuff, know carry on with the off the wall stuff we would like a pkm or vss please, is it that much to ask?

Site is scary slow as normal

http://aresairsoft.com/cat.html

http://aresairsoft.com/for%20web%20only/Catalogue/cat.pdf

Nice find hmmmmmm M40 pulse rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

stainless 1911 very nice

Its tiny, and isn't an airsoft though.,

Masada wrote: »
    Its tiny, and isn't an airsoft though.,

Ah yeah, just saw the finger tip in the top right of it.

No other news on their new G36 and L85 range with the EBB feature? They are on ehobby for a while in the coming soon screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

M3 Grease Gun looks very nice! Will it be an AEG or a GBB?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Horse84

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

hoplite wrote: »
    Nice find hmmmmmm M40 pulse rifle.

You mean like the M41A pulse rifle?

*cough*

But bags dibs on an m3A1, and I'll second Pudings wishlist of a PKM please.

Edit. Interesting .... Ares would also seem to be psychic. M82A1 GBB-style with ability to take CO2. Rack it up to 500fps *? Feel your shoulder break with each shot? Yes please!

* Obviously not if you're in Ireland ...

I stand most humbly corrected :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Lemming wrote: »
    You mean like the M82A1 GBB-style with ability to take CO2. Rack it up to 500fps *? Feel your shoulder break with each shot? Yes please!

More like feel your bank balance break with each purchase, still toying the idea of getting the socom gear one but @ around 800bucks best price something tells me ares arent going to be making theirs budget line lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

hightower1 wrote: »
    More like feel your bank balance break with each purchase, still toying the idea of getting the socom gear one but @ around 800bucks best price something tells me ares arent going to be making theirs budget line lol

800 for whats basicly an m4 aeg that looks like a barrett M82

what M82 do you know that shoots both semi and full auto ,

Now the idea of Co2 version now that makes me smile ,then add a hard kick blow back system and it would be perfection

Give me the airsoft version that has the blow back barrel buffer option and I'll take it. Actually make that the M82A2 instead, sniper rifle/RPG.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

not sure if its been posted here but SRC seem to have a few bits and pieces out for the G36 (all from airsoftpanda.com)
    src-G36k-CARRY-HANDLE-A01.jpg
    Like the flip up sights have a look here for full details http://www.airsoftpanda.com/product_info.php/products_id/1365?osCsid=kmd8a4l1eg73bvqgcojfhohr34

also the typical "sniper" stock and a multi railed forgrip
    src-g36-handgeaur-4-rail-A02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Gatling wrote: »
    800 for whats basicly an m4 aeg that looks like a barrett M82

what M82 do you know that shoots both semi and full auto ,

Now the idea of Co2 version now that makes me smile ,then add a hard kick blow back system and it would be perfection

Very true, hell even the mag is just a shell with a m4 mag inserted into it. The gbb would be class and the much preferable option but it'll be so bleeding expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Ahhh its flying by itself with the remote on the ground:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

I want one of these for Senny!

Check out 3:15 in.

fayer wrote: »
    I want one of these for Senny!

Check out 3:15 in.

video feed quality is really good seems to be able to keep up with climate factors too, but I dunno if I fully believe that that's the real feed from 3.15mins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

kinkstr wrote: »
    Ahhh its flying by itself with the remote on the ground:eek:

The Madbull Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line April 4th, 2010. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Madbull begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, April 29th.

Advertisement