Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭RampantWolf

Was anybody else waiting for that gyrating piece of rope/string to wrap around a rotor and send it plummeting to the ground?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

its real purpose becomes clear at 4:40.

I dont think you can easily remote live view the feed though. methinks the cost versus reward is too great. plus some local yokel with a m203 would no doubt take delight in shooting all hell out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

"Enemy UAV spotted!!!!!"

Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2_2009_09-16-09_03-1024x576.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

This looks very interesting, An MP5 J gas blowback. from the look of the mag id hazzard a guess and say its a copy of the Maruzen MP5k design.,
    http://www.cop9gun.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=991
    e-EG722.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

T4RGET wrote: »
    video feed quality is really good seems to be able to keep up with climate factors too, but I dunno if I fully believe that that's the real feed from 3.15mins

Well, considering its actually designed with emergency services in mind (and there is a mil spec version too) I reckon the video feed is genuine. That and a price tag of stg£20,000 for the model with video downlink supports that hypothesis.
    If you cant afford 20k, you can get the base model without video downlink for a mere stg£10,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Masada wrote: »
    This looks very interesting, An MP5 J gas blowback. from the look of the mag id hazzard a guess and say its a copy of the Maruzen MP5k design.,

e-EG722.jpg

looks like it, wondered how long it would take before someone put it into a mp5 frame instead of the mp5k or that wells expanded there clone of it into an mp5 line only seemed logical to me and not to much work

holding out for the silenced version :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

BioHazRd wrote: »
    Well, considering its actually designed with emergency services in mind (and there is a mil spec version too) I reckon the video feed is genuine. That and a price tag of stg£20,000 for the model with video downlink supports that hypothesis.
    If you cant afford 20k, you can get the base model without video downlink for a mere stg£10,000

wonder how many you would get for a garda chopper....

just sayin....

also maybe we could all chip in a fiver for an airsoft one ?? ;)

RC helicopter ......255 eur

img.php?id=2736&w=320&h=240

VA transmitter.....350usd

08062009_wireless_ALL_350.jpg

Camera mount..... 60usd

08042009_superlanding1.jpg

Your very own UAV for 550euro. And thats not even shopping for bargins, sure you could do it for 400 easy.

But for added win use........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Of course you'd have to know how the fly the thing first...helicopter1024x738.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

@ hightower that chopper is pretty cool, get the missiles to really fire off and you're done :P and if you can get it high enough i the sky, the scale will look real-ish as it's far away:)

• Advertisement

Ya know what'd be really cool, if some airsoft site actually got that set up, output the feed to a 15"tv station in base camp and set the UAV to fly a set pattern above (easy do with a x y z plotter program). It'd make a really cool base defense game with the added effect of a hind circling above. It'd force ya to move from cover to cover etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

hightower1 wrote: »
    Ya know what'd be really cool, if some airsoft site actually got that set up, output the feed to a 15"tv station in base camp and set the UAV to fly a set pattern above (easy do with a x y z plotter program). It'd make a really cool base defense game with the added effect of a hind circling above. It'd force ya to move from cover to cover etc.

Or set up a CCTV system in a compond

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Nice, been looking for a gas can like that for a while...

Now if only it wasn't from ebaybanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

gerrowadat wrote: »

Those gas chargers have been out for years (and I literally mean 'years' without exaggeration). Should be able to source one from another site without too much fuss. Keep meaning to pick one up myself, only never quite get around to it as something else that's more shiny keeps distracting me.

gerrowadat wrote: »

also on px http://www.px-airsoft.com/index.do

Lemming wrote: »
    Those gas chargers have been out for years (and I literally mean 'years' without exaggeration). Should be able to source one from another site without too much fuss. Keep meaning to pick one up myself, only never quite get around to it as something else that's more shiny keeps distracting me.

Similar ones have been out for years, yet have been out of stock with the big retailers for as long., (wgc, redwolfe etc etc.) This is the first time ive seen one in stock in a long time.

And in other news, (skip to 2:40) A new GBB maker called "Viper" are doing the Vietnam era XM177 E2, shame about it being the wrong colour, but kudos for doing something different, and something ive been hoping for for ages. :)

The video also features the ProWin 20rd vietnam mags, and the new aluminium bolt carrier from ratech.

New Army Armaments pistol coming soon, The R28.,

4425222057_458d12edac_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

The only problem with those gas cannistors is that the gas can slowly leak out if you don't use it within a day or two!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Similar ones have been out for years, yet have been out of stock with the big retailers for as long., (wgc, redwolfe etc etc.) This is the first time ive seen one in stock in a long time.

All in stock too.

edit. Ah, missed a couple more. All in stock too:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

http://www.px-airsoft.com/index.do

PX-airsoft have them for $22:D

Product Details
    AA-OT-049 : TD Distraction Device (Gas Charger)

Short Description
    TD Distraction Device (Gas Charger)
    Price
    Price : USD 22.00

Main Features
    Able to charge gas and recharge magazines/etc when needed

Rooky1 wrote: »
    The only problem with those gas cannistors is that the gas can slowly leak out if you don't use it within a day or two!:)

Give the seals and valves a once over before ya use it.,

I had a Glock mag lost in a field for a month and when it was found it was still gassed and ready to fire. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Anyone happen to know how many fills you get from one of those chargers on
    average?
    Suppose it makes sense there that there being stocked again with the amount of gbb rifles in circulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Give the seals and valves a once over before ya use it.,

I had a Glock mag lost in a field for a month and when it was found it was still gassed and ready to fire. :)

kinda a noobie question:P but still, give the seals a once over with... what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

new chinese website with the BAR on preorder http://www.acmgear.com/index.php?cPath=182

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

kinkstr wrote: »
    Anyone happen to know how many fills you get from one of those chargers on
    average?
    Suppose it makes sense there that there being stocked again with the amount of gbb rifles in circulation.

i have one, from memory but its a long time since i really used it you get 4-5 mags worth...be advised (certainly the one i had) it wont take the pressure of top gas...mine only really worked with 134...maybe just the brand i have but worth checking out. hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

And one for the SA80 fans out there. :)
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/susat-scope-p-3007.html

That is ****ing win. Is it available any where else?

That is ****ing win. Is it available any where else?

a clone version has been avalaible at airsoftglobal for some time http://www.airsoftglobal.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=susat&osCsid=avo4vac2h6h1sn9kgvnc5lu5f1&x=0&y=0 under v tech name, ( vtech is what airsoftglobal seem to call all clone items

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Its on a few different sites for a few months. The Ares SUSAT is only $10-$15 more than the clone though. If they dropped the clone by another 10-15 I'd consider it. The image through the sight does not look too good, don't know if it's just the pic they used. The finish too, the clone looks more matt black compared to the gloss black on the Ares which is similar to gloss finish on the real thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

Damn, for some reason I thought it was for a standard RAS rail :(. Why won't anyone make one with a mount that wull let me stick it on a lr300 ( like in stalker).

Advertisement