Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

From Thursday 18-Mar-2010, Lidl are stocking trekking jackets & trousers, from 17 and 12 euro respectively. Some of those would do nicely for a PMC look, if you can find the right colour.

Pocket binos 20x25, 9 euro.
    10x50 binos 22 euro.
    Lensatic compass 4 euro (bargain!)

Boots 15 euro. Sizes are limited, 41 to 46 I think. Can't go wrong for that price, they'll do for the summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

They are selling 2 pack radios again too, aldi has bino's in at the moment, although a little on the chunky side.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

custom because of the trades? up until know all the we hk416 i've seen have been blank

from what i;ve seen IWA seems to have been rather quite this year, lot of re branding and cydergun sourcing new stuff as there china based supply holes have dryed up, g&g will new stuff but we knew about that, not much new at all :( hope the innovation in the airsoft market picks up again

will believe the mg from echo when i see it as there has been an acm version floating around for 2+ years as vapourware

Yeah i think they are listing it as a custom so as to save WE's bacon when selling "illegally" trade marked versions of the rifle. :)

• Advertisement

Masada wrote: »
    Yeah i think they are listing it as a custom so as to save WE's bacon when selling "illegally" trade marked versions of the rifle. :)

would sound about right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭moggser

OzCam wrote: »
    From Thursday 10-Mar-2010, Lidl are stocking trekking jackets & trousers, from 17 and 12 euro respectively. Some of those would do nicely for a PMC look, if you can find the right colour.

Pocket binos 20x25, 9 euro.
    10x50 binos 22 euro.
    Lensatic compass 4 euro (bargain!)

Boots 15 euro. Sizes are limited, 41 to 46 I think. Can't go wrong for that price, they'll do for the summer.

its the 18th Oz either that or you got them all and just wanted to rub our nose in it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

moggser wrote: »
    its the 18th Oz either that or you got them all and just wanted to rub our nose in it

I just nabbed a pair of the pocket binos in aldi in clane, load of pairs left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Masada wrote: »
    They are selling 2 pack radios again too, aldi has bino's in at the moment, although a little on the chunky side.:)
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20100318.p.Twintalker_Walkie_Talkie
    Theres the walkie talkies there, they come in blue aswell.
    Gonna pick a pair up, theyll be handy for night games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20100318.p.Twintalker_Walkie_Talkie
    Theres the walkie talkies there, they come in blue aswell.
    Gonna pick a pair up, theyll be handy for night games :)

There goes gerrowadat's keyboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

There goes gerrowadat's keyboard.

LOL, Dave is about to chuck an entire Lidl into a river!

moggser wrote: »

D'oh. Fixed. Thanks Moggser.

Solution – get rid of the metallic lithium

"Scientists from Stanford University in the US have worked out how to build a lithium-sulphur battery that doesn't require a lithium metal electrode. That, they say, will make it free from the "serious safety issues" that have been holding the technology back."

There's just one teeny-weeny problem...

"The biggest hurdle is the low charge-recharge cycle count: after five discharge and recharge cycles, the Stanford battery's capacity has fallen by two-thirds. After between 40 and 50 cycles, the battery stops holding any charge at all."

Hmmm. Perhaps it needs a little more work.

But I'm sure there'll be a clone up on some website ^_^ by the weekend.

Full Article.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Fireborn

A lithium battery with no lithium? o_O

The biggest hurdle is the low charge-recharge cycle count: after five discharge and recharge cycles, the Stanford battery's capacity has fallen by two-thirds. After between 40 and 50 cycles, the battery stops holding any charge at al

i think i will just stay with that i have and carry on using common sense to avoid any problems :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Apologies if these have been posted before not exactly new.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Bell MP5j GBB is back up on RSOV after disappearing fro a few days.
    says its full metal as well, it looks to be from the second picture, seems to be a flake of paint gone off the raised ridge, on the upper right hand side of the magwell.
    could be oil reflecting the light on plastic either.

Now who's goin to be a guinea pig and see if this thing has an adjustable hop?

gun057907560696.jpg

gun057937574356.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭doubletap

Bell MP5j GBB is back up on RSOV after disappearing fro a few days.
    sayd sull metal as well, it looks to be from the second picture, seems to be a flake of paint gone off the raised ridge, on the upper right hand side of the magwell.
    could be oil reflecting the light on plastic either.

It's not full metal the lower body is plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

doubletap wrote: »

Just like the real things. Only the very early 1960's MP5s with the straight mags were full metal as far as I know.

• Advertisement

The phrase full metal in airsoft jargon normal is used to discribe a product where the materials on the replica match the real steel, so what is metal on real steel is metal on replica

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

doubletap wrote: »

The real ones have a polymer lower receiver too. Only the earlier models had a metal trigger unit and plastic grip, as on a g3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

The real ones have a polymer lower receiver too. Only the earlier models had a metal trigger unit and plastic grip, as on a g3.

To be honest considering some of the airsoft plastics I've seen over the years I would feel more comfortable with the metal bodied MP5 (I have one).

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

yeah like the lads said whats metal is metal on the RS.
    Wonder if theyre be aftermarket metal bodies available for the 5k?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

To be honest considering some of the airsoft plastics I've seen over the years I would feel more comfortable with the metal bodied MP5 (I have one).

I have a metal mp5 myself, I don't think there are any airsoft ones with the metal lower receiver/trigger unit as its quite dated. I have a nice sef lower though that I love.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I have a metal mp5 myself, I don't think there are any airsoft ones with the metal lower receiver/trigger unit as its quite dated. I have a nice sef lower though that I love.

The old ICS MP5-A3 had a metal lower receiver I know that much for certain. It also had that awful ICS hop unit which made it a nightmare to use.

never come across an mo5 with a metal lower reciver myself, always polymer

anyway airsoftnews.eu IWA coverage http://www.airsoft-news.eu/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.148

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

This looks promising:
    pic removed

if you read the text its only real steel, according to magpul the airsoft pts project was canned some time back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Puding wrote: »
    if you read the text its only real steel, according to magpul the airsoft pts project was canned some time back

Fail! Cheers Pud

Advertisement