Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Masada wrote: »
    LS Works jobbie, and for the princely sum of 83 dolla,
    *snip Pics*

got one when they where around a little while ago, impulse buy on the train, its not a bad little piese for the price, only problem the finish on the stock isn't great paint flakes off when you hold it, nothing a little paint won't sort, est for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Some decent looking mesh glasses/goggles over on ebaybanned,

http://www.ebairsoft.com/james-metal-wire-goggle-p-3048.html

Ordered a pair. Fed up of me sensei.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

WE are releasing all their previous models with both the 'brass tube' type bolt and the WA system type bolt, they also claim that you can swap out the two systems in a matter of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

there had been talk of developing the open bolt for some time and the m14 videos showed this for the first time, nice to see them retrofitting it to the older models

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Is there any real performance difference? The brass bolt system sits very low in the unit and is barley visible in the pdw so visually I dont think it matters between the 2

• Advertisement

hightower1 wrote: »
    Is there any real performance difference? The brass bolt system sits very low in the unit and is barley visible in the pdw so visually I dont think it matters between the 2

unshore about performance myself would need to get my hands on one :) yes it is low in the pdw but its still there and especially with m4 and scar, know if they can remove this and go to open bolt without change in performance (i reason i went with we for myself was it gave best performance so to lose performance for open bolt would be pointless in my eyes) it will remove one of the major reason when i talk to people that they prefer the wa system over we

Puding wrote: »
    unshore about performance myself would need to get my hands on one :) yes it is low in the pdw but its still there and especially with m4 and scar, know if they can remove this and go to open bolt without change in performance (i reason i went with we for myself was it gave best performance so to lose performance for open bolt would be pointless in my eyes) it will remove one of the major reason when i talk to people that they prefer the wa system over we

Have the scar and pdw myself and will be getting a m4 at the end of the month but I prob would buy an open bolt for the small bit of added realism if it came in the unit as standard but unless they were insanly cheap to retro fit I dont think I'll bother. Seems more like a marketing thing for we vs wa to try and take more of the gbb market share.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Have the scar and pdw myself and will be getting a m4 at the end of the month but I prob would buy an open bolt for the small bit of added realism if it came in the unit as standard but unless they were insanly cheap to retro fit I dont think I'll bother. Seems more like a marketing thing for we vs wa to try and take more of the gbb market share.

airsoft is 90% look, open bolt will increase sales, i would put money on it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

personally i couldnt care less about the brass tube, the bolt is only open for a split second and if it really bothers you, you could paint it black and never be able to see it.

I wonder if its more of a performance upgrade though and are we seeing WE rectifying the common problems with the brass tube design, (bbs falling into the piston area, non functioning hopup and bbs falling out of the barrrel.)

In the pdw the brass tube looks very like a round being chambered so I wouldnt change that at all. If there is no price diff between an open bolt model sure I would take a 416, scar or m4 like that but if they cost more the performance will want to be better than solid chambered versions otherwise the esthetics's alone arent enough to justify any price increase if there will be one.

• Advertisement

If any of yas are bringing one of these to senny... Dont!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Thats 2.5 joules and using .43g bb's point blank.

I doubt there is a mesh mask available that could take that.

PWC release the Vietnam era XM177 E2 AEG with trade markings, correct grip, delta ring, forend, stock etc etc all for the princely sum of €165 before shipping.

http://www.pro--t.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_59&products_id=521
    9d0dec7c96e62b80ea3918167f0416f4.image.750x350.jpg

RWC-AEG-17701.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Masks over here must carry a CE mark and EU performance standard related to impact energy. Cant think of hand what regulation is, OzCam from the IAA probably has it.

Any retailer selling masks that are not up to the standard could be done for negligence should someone be injured by a failure of the kit.

That FPS was redic however, but it was checked on a shooting crony, aka, over priced pile of ****e!

Thats 2.5 joules and using .43g bb's point blank.

I doubt there is a mesh mask available that could take that.

yeah its equating to about 500fps with a regular .2g,

He didn't say where the limit of the mesh's capability to resist the bb was though, it went through pretty easily and it may do the same at a lower power, although i reckon at 1J it'll probably be alright. Hence the senny warning as opposed to our own games. :)

fayer wrote: »
    Masks over here must carry a CE mark and EU performance standard related to impact energy. Cant think of hand what regulation is, OzCam from the IAA probably has it.

Any retailer selling masks that are not up to the standard could be done for negligence should someone be injured by a failure of the kit.

That FPS was redic however, but it was checked on a shooting crony, aka, over priced pile of ****e!

With little things like this, a lot of people choose to buy from abroad themselves anyway so it wouldn't be unheard of for someone to pick one of these up from the likes of ebaybanned or ehobby. :)

SRC's attempt at the MP40, full metal with a mosfet and blowback,. :)

http://www.airsoftpanda.com/product_info.php/products_id/1460?osCsid=nod4227a4j7uni6metkttc9ls4
    src-mp40-001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

With little things like this, a lot of people choose to buy from abroad themselves anyway so it wouldn't be unheard of for someone to pick one of these up from the likes of ebaybanned or ehobby. :)

Not a 'little thing'. Your eye protection is probably the most important piece of kit you buy. I don't understand why people skimp on this.

I never said it wasn't important, but cheap things people tend to order themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

and just to add to this, I'd like to say that I witnessed another person lose a healthy front tooth over the weekend due to not wearing anything to cover the mouth area. It was a shot from a fair distance away too, so people shouldn't be fooled into thinking that someone needs to be right on top of them for this to happen.

I'm seeing a lot of people playing with the bear minimum eye and mouth protection these days some playing with no mouth protection at all

me personally I think its crazy going out with just shooting shades on, as a deflected BB inside a pair of shades bouncing back into the eye can do as much damage as a straight on shot.

• Advertisement

Danin wrote: »
    and just to add to this, I'd like to say that I witnessed another person lose a healthy front tooth over the weekend due to not wearing anything to cover the mouth area. It was a shot from a fair distance away too, so people shouldn't be fooled into thinking that someone needs to be right on top of them for this to happen.

I'm seeing a lot of people playing with the bear minimum eye and mouth protection these days some playing with no mouth protection at all

me personally I think its crazy going out with just shooting shades on, as a deflected BB inside a pair of shades bouncing back into the eye can do as much damage as a straight on shot.

have to agree there and i;ve been seeing glasses that are just sunglasses no wrap around massive gapes all round, just working on a video review of the bitter end face mask had one to many close calls with teeth protection its all well and good looking good but dentist bills can be massive

also with the type of mask used in that video there is also an issue with the miss selling of items, the real Sansei mask is a hell of a lot stronger than the cheap knock off and unfortunately I've seen the 5usd knock offs as Sansei :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Ah sure who needs eyes or teeth anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

VFC GBB M4A1, M4 SOPMOD & HK 416

DSC_9353.jpg

I've been keeping an eye on this on Arnies over the last few days, the M4A1 model went on pre-order today on WGC shop so I thought I'd throw it up here.
    There's one with markings for $316 and one without for $296. I had originally been looking forward to the HK416 but the sopmod looks quite nice too. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That MP40 is nice alot better than any of the clones, nice weight to it ,and only shoots full auto like the real version ,ww2 fans should have a good look at it

This just showed up on gunner, according to the description, its a blowback electric gearbox. 147 dolla.

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2009&osCsid=1b7d82a49ac6128fc3a19c11261caa16
    aps-asr101-01.JPG

Looks like RSOV have it too, its chrono'ing at 320 if my eyes aren't deceiving me. :)

gun_0586_0.jpg

holy shiza, check this yoke out.,lol

tag_0678_1.jpg

tag_0678.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Orbital + Airsoft = W1n :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I knew it reminded me of something! :D

• Advertisement

Over on airsoft panda right now....

http://www.airsoftpanda.com/product_info.php/products_id/1466?osCsid=adjg051if3ne271q2iep3j9uj2

WE M9A1 SOF Full Metal

Looks fair nice and a good price too (77 eur b4 p and p)

we-tan-m9a1-marking-rail-001.jpg
    we-tan-m9a1-marking-rail-003.jpg
    we-tan-m9a1-marking-rail-007.jpg

Advertisement