Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Major stock update over on RSOV at the moment, loads of tactical gear up there. i like this in particular.

http://rsov.com/

FY-PH-C028_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Tactical gear my arse, that's a bastardised wrist-coach for American football. I've had two of them in my gear bag for years and never once saw a reason for having them in a skirmish. Sites aren't big enough to need maps, noone uses radios extensively enough to need codes, what else can be of use to go on there?

Edit: Whoops! I just realised, it's tan and multicam. Disregard the use of reason. Mea culpa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Rsov definatly changing it's market more than likely tied in with the problems with china soft supply, another flute stockest is not a bad thing :)

Picked up one of the forarm tactical aids after last senny trip , got to play along side a squad radio man using one and it was very practical compared to me hunting in my pockets for a folded up map, will be using one myself for map and radio / fire support referance as I will forget some of it if I do not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Yeah, to be fair, I should add the caveat that what I meant above was in relation to using it on Irish sites. Bigger, event games, like Senny and Berget would have things where they would certainly be handy as a quick reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

I can see one of those having been handy in the Jeb, there was at least one game where I had to use maps and radio codes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Yep, at Airsoft Battle Zone and Midlands Airsoft Club I've had use for my map thinger due to the games that were being played using grid references. Still, my self-respect prevents me from buying one of those daft armband ones.

well i bought one just for senny alone, but at almost every milsim game ive played ive been given a map (for air strikes, regardless of site size), death cards etc etc and this would suit perfectly. :)

and its multicam, what more could ya wany????

guay_lineup_1404.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

If that G2000 comes with the scope i think im gonna wet myself:eek:

.22 Lover wrote: »
    If that G2000 comes with the scope i think im gonna wet myself:eek:

does not come with a scope, heard/seen conflicting information on when/if one will follow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

they're working on a laser/ flashlight and 40mm grip replacement but haven't heard anything of the scope.

T4RGET wrote: »
    they're working on a laser/ flashlight and 40mm grip replacement but haven't heard anything of the scope.

seen the laser/light handguard confirmed yet to see anything nailed down on the m203 but i would image they would be made not to follow thought with one, i would put money on one :)

The launcher sounds nice but the scope would be alot nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

As much as I hate the look of the FN2000
    after playing a small bit of Bad Company 2 I have a
    strange urge to get one. (with a scope) a Desert one
    looks a bit easier on the eye than the all black.
    (OD would be better again)

~B

The FN virus spreads like the plage!!!!!!!!!!

bullets wrote: »
    As much as I hate the look of the FN2000
    after playing a small bit of Bad Company 2 I have a
    strange urge to get one. (with a scope) a Desert one
    looks a bit easier on the eye than the all black.
    (OD would be better again)

~B

OD would be nice, go on to photo of you gear, no discussion, thread, last page, I got pic up of F2000 in black you can see what you think:)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

WE are releasing all their previous models with both the 'brass tube' type bolt and the WA system type bolt, they also claim that you can swap out the two systems in a matter of minutes.

I'm still not convinced by these GBBs, even in this video (2:40 onwards) the gun was virtually out of gas after about 30 rounds. He paused at the end as he knew the output had dropped to virtually nothing and waited to do the bolt lock shot. They will perform even worse in our outdoor temps.

Steve

The gun was straight out of the box though, wouldn't have even had any oiling. I have their current PDW and its a pretty good on the gas. :)

From AirsoftNews.eu, Alan sent over this update,
    Take Aim: New issue
    Alan sent in news which needs no further introduction:

Issue 10 of Take Aim will be released everywhere this weekend!

Available from WHS high street stores across the UK!
    Available in North America through our US distributor “OnTarget Airsoft”
    Available from Tesco & Easons across Ireland!
    Available online from our website “www.takeaim.ie”

Contents Include:
    Warlord Episode 1 (milsim series)
    UK Site Report.
    USA Special (North Atlantic Airsoft Expo)
    Airsoft team special (The Lost Souls)
    Review 1 (WE KAC PDW GBB)
    Review 2 (ARES G36C)
    Review 3 (AK47 AIMS)
    Review 4 (STI Lawman)
    Maintenance & Mods
    Airsoft Competition.

Virtual Gamer section:
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 review
    Metro 2033 review
    Aliens VS Predator review
    Previews: Alpha Protocol, Spec Ops: The Line,
    Homefront, Medal of Honor 2010.
    Arma II Special

4520922991_26aa523c90_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

i wonder do real ones exist, could be useful in iraq

Masada wrote: »

looks weird, reminds me of something
    sausagedog.jpg
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

may_106_small.jpg

In easons now, Irish edition with flag. Lotta re-hashing it seems but the new mines look interesting. CO2 + ~500ml H20 = Fun times.

Edit: Re: Take Aim, WTF is with all the game reviews, its not a gaming mag its an airsoft mag, there are plenty of gaming mags out there covering that topic already. Less fluffing please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

gungun wrote: »
    i wonder do real ones exist, could be useful in iraq

Yep, most of the Barrett 50 cal range have optional barrel lengths that can be changed by the user in about 3mins with a few tools at hand. Very rarely seen though, I only saw them on a promotional video.

may_106_small.jpg

In easons now, Irish edition with flag. Lotta re-hashing it seems but the new mines look interesting. CO2 + ~500ml H20 = Fun times.

Edit: Re: Take Aim, WTF is with all the game reviews, its not a gaming mag its an airsoft mag, there are plenty of gaming mags out there covering that topic already. Less fluffing please.

well not much different in the irish version just mia logo on front and mia add on back from talking to some guys in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Masada wrote: »
    well i bought one just for senny alone, but at almost every milsim game ive played ive been given a map (for air strikes, regardless of site size), death cards etc etc and this would suit perfectly. :)

What utter bullsh1t Richie!! Do you really expect us to believe that?!!
    THIS is why you really want it - so you can keep pics of yourself in it for quick-referencing while out in the field......

RichiePics.jpg

Maps me arse!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

THIS is why you really want it - so you can keep pics of yourself in it for quick-referencing while out in the field......

RichiePics.jpg

Maps me arse!!!

No that's only the secondary function. He uses a mirror to check the cut of the multisham and make sure the hair is in place!!
    I think they are issued as standard to the not so camera shy Band of Hawks!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

RichiePics.jpg

Maps me arse!!!

Once it's out in the field the lads are opening them up and not in the WC ha ha :D

I musta forgot to post this earlier,
    Ebaybanned ARE actually selling those tactical jeans from a couple of pages back. lol
    they'll set ya back 49 dollars.

ET%20Discreet%20Denim%20Pant%20a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I thought elastic band jeans died in the 80's....and if your aught wearing them over the age of five, your a bender...

hahaha theyd sell anything

Advertisement