Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Horse84 wrote: »
    Anyone remeber delta force land warrior on the pc with the OICW? the weapon of the 'future' and struggling playing online with dial up. those were the days....;)

Oh that is too scary - yeah, I remember it well, and all the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

OzCam wrote: »
    No need to shout out ammo type, though
    By Lewis Page

A radical Judge Dredd style computer smart-rifle able to strike at enemies hiding around corners is to be issued to US special forces units in Afghanistan, according to reports.

Article...

(It's the XM25, and we need an airsoft version of course.)

That tech has been around for quite some time alright and realistically wont get off the ground anytime soon. DoD spending wouldnt even consider this for serious grounds for at least another ten years (just look at what happened the which I doubt the tech will have a shelf life that long considering how long it been rattling around already.

I could see it as an effective sniper system, where multipal targets are in downrange and time is an issue, if your working a single shot bolt action trying to take out three targets in a partially enclosed space then chances of getting any more than 2 targets before the rest take cover is fairly low, the airburst round would solve that, as an infantry weapon its too pricey, heavy, large and field repair on these would be next to impossible.

They have the tech integrated into an m23 grenade launcher though, was on future weapons some time back, that too would be very useful. No extra size or weight to the existing platform yet a number of times more functionality in situations like door breaching from distance etc. If you shoot a grenade round downrange at a door in some cases it can accidental penetrate and detonate inside the room when its not wanted. If it detonated on the door it may only fracture it and maim / kill anyone inside with shrapnel. Not ideal if you wanted to capture and not kill the occupants. The airbusrt would allow detonation in front of the door @ approx 1m, that would allow the concussive shockwave to "push" the door in with one solid wall of force keeping the door intact but blowing it off the hinges. Would be handy for crowd control also, set off a dummy concussive burst round above a large crowd that showckwave (as anyone having been near large ordinance detonations will tell you) will DEFINITELY get their attention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Multicam gloves over on airsoftpark today too,

http://www.airsoftpark.com/product_info.php?products_id=2392&osCsid=7760a13df935b067e86456aad51b1f60
    Tactical%20Airsoft%20Combat%20Duty%20Full%20Finger%20Gloves%20Multicam1.JPG

And this on Airsoftbuddy,
    Tactical Limited - Quick M4/M16 Magazine Pouch (Multicam) - Available Now (Click here for Order now)

Features:

Hold 5 pcs M4 mags
    Fit for Left/Right hand shooters
    Adjustable Height
    Nylon Strap for attach to MOLLE system
    Made with CP1000D Cordura
    TL_M4_Pouch_1.jpg

And heres a better pic of that tactical handbag., lol

its over on ehobby now too. :)

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/combat-gears/pistol-hostlers/beta-project-magpul-fpg-3-in-1-tactical-holster-cordura.html
    MAGPUL-088-BK_2_mark.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Not strictly airsoft with this one but what the hey, a while back on ebaybanned they had dummy Garmin GPS units, here is a copy of the real thing on ebaybanned, might be good for the travellers to the larger european sites
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.37152
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]sku_37152_1.jpg[/URL]
    - Features 10 useful functions for outdoor activity: Track logger, cycle computer, location
    finder, digital compass, route guider, IPX-7 waterproof, E-Temperature, Planner software for
    route pre-planning, Sports software for health management and Travel software for travel logging
    and geotagging
    - 1.8” LCD display with backlight for instant GPS information
    - Multi-function handheld GPS with Sport GPS mode / Location Back mode / Route Plan mode
    - Sport GPS mode can display info as Odometer/Distance/Current Speed/Max Speed/Average
    Speed/Azimuth/Temperature/Calories/8-directional compass/Total Time/Current time
    - Location Back mode can mark 4 waypoints (A/B/C/D point) - the estimate straight line distance
    measuring of the location back points
    - Route Plan mode can support 1 route with 99 turn points, which can advise remaining
    distance/direction/time to target point
    - Waterproof design with IPX-7 class
    - Built-in rechargeable 1500mAh lithium battery
    - Package included:
    - 1 * SR-Q2100 GPS
    - 1 * USB cable
    - 1 * Bike mount kit
    - 1 * Protective cover case
    - 1 * Software CD
    - 1 * English/Chinese user manual

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Found this while looking for a easier way of camouuflaging my rifle rather than painting it :)

Have read several reviews on it and all came back praising it...
    I ordered a roll of it off ebay (abouit $20 incl shipping) so will test it out and let you know how good it is...
    I think you might need about 1.5 rolls to break up the rifle outlines properly as well as I read in one review..

http://www.mcnett.com/Camo-Form-Protective-Camouflage-Wrap-P274.aspx

i have that stuff, its been out a long time, but yeah id agree with the reviews. it works just like those self sticking sprain bandages and its reusable. theres loads of different patterns of it too, to match most camo types. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭SpookyBastard

Very handy stuff Berkut. I use the Jack Pike stuff myself which I grabbed on ebay for about a tenner. Your stuff comes in more patterns though which is awesome :)

STEALTH-TAPEcorrect.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

All we need now is about 4 feet of snow and I can use the snow camo :D
    I'm gonna pray now for high snowfalls next winter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭SpookyBastard

Berkut wrote: »
    All we need now is about 4 feet of snow and I can use the snow camo :D
    I'm gonna pray now for high snowfalls next winter :)

Buy a bunch of it and do the old loo-roll mummy Halloween costume while we're at it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

b_1273173725781011585.jpgb_1273173725765011584.jpg

Not sure if this is a repost, but light weight GBB M4 mags on P-X Airsoft.
    Not really a whole lot of info about it. $69 seems cheap enough for a two pack

http://www.px-airsoft.com/index.do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Horse84

i'd say 5 kilos is about right;)
    20100507681.jpg
    20100507679.jpg
    If i have to sell everything I'm getting this. more pics of the prototype here
    http://picasaweb.google.com/monda.international/WEM14GBBPrototypeStatusOn0508?feat=content_notification#

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Horse84

This lad has way too much time on his hands lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

you say he has to much time on his hands I call him a genious:P
    Nice find though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I want!!!
    Utterly impractical (after all, it's vehicle mounted or fixed in place - can't see either being much use) but the crack would be might. Still ... I think a GBB version would be even better ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I want!!!
    Utterly impractical (after all, it's vehicle mounted or fixed in place - can't see either being much use) but the crack would be might. Still ... I think a GBB version would be even better ...

Co2 anyone?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

looking forward to the we m14 myself, the tm m14 was my firts aeg brought when airsoft became legal over hear after moving over from the uk, and a gbb m14 done up as a dmr even thought gas is not really ideal just ticks all the boxes for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

CO2 M14 would be quite delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Where's my daily dose of Gucci News????
    Tumbleweed.jpg

mcshape wrote: »
    Where's my daily dose of Gucci News????
    http://blogs.targetx.com/snhu/ChrisDupuy/Tumbleweed.jpg

Sorry Tim,

ive been up to me b*&%ix all day. :D

A new bell 1911, looks almost identical to the Army Armaments one, but the price is very good,

http://www.airsoftpanda.com/product_info.php/products_id/581?osCsid=994b0t5jngtjde13rm359rfsa4
    BALL-MEUS-A01.jpg

BALL-MEUS-A05.jpg

For all you (us actually) PDW fans, the knights armament suppressor finally shows up on ebaybanned,
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/aabb-style-silencer-with-flash-hider-long-p-3149.html
    AABB%20KAC%20style%20QD%20silencer%20with%20QD%20flash%20hider%20%20a.jpg

Aaaaaand just after i get my trade marked GBB PDW lower receiver, they release an even nicer one. :( with proper KA grip and all.

Its a little more pricey though...
    http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=661
    IMG_4129.JPG

661_IMG_4135.JPG

661_IMG_4136.JPG

Aaaand back to work i go... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Over on ehobby now for we gbb mags, 80 eur including p&p for pack of six is a bit much I think considering they are just gucci stuff, will wait for individual units to be sold.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/andax-works-tango-down-arc-magazine-box-set-for-we-m4-gbb-bk.html

AXW-MAG-TDARC-WE-BK_1_mark.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Cheers richie!

arnies seems a little more stable at the moment so will throw this up

first review/look at the the pts magpul masada looks good, a lot of what people will consider compulsory accessories like folding stock look like they will be optional accessories bumping up the cost even more, not a fan of the lump of metal ris at the front, really throws off the look for me, if i ever got one would be running with the standard handguard

interest last post on the thread, did hear this before but did not think much of it until seeing the internal pictures, ares could be the oem for this not that wild an idea considering the fetchers, ares have a dedicated presence in the US for QC/repairs.warranty

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=184343&st=40

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Not sure about others but that link does'nt work for me mate.

Not sure about others but that link does'nt work for me mate.

you need to register with arnies to be able to view the forums

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Puding wrote: »
    you need to register with arnies to be able to view the forums

Oh ok, my bad. A 'please log in' error message would be more useful then [#10342] We could not determine which forum this topic is in.

Oh ok, my bad. A 'please log in' error message would be more useful then [#10342] We could not determine which forum this topic is in.

used to get that message, unfortunately since the 'upgrades' over at arnies things like that have not all been put back in place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

hightower1 wrote: »
    Over on ehobby now for we gbb mags, 80 eur including p&p for pack of six is a bit much I think considering they are just gucci stuff, will wait for individual units to be sold.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/andax-works-tango-down-arc-magazine-box-set-for-we-m4-gbb-bk.html

Wait. I would have thought €80 for 6 GBB mags was awesome.
    Did I miss something?

Ah, Mag boxes.. Nevermind...

Also the WE GBB Open Chamber on UNCompany is €255 delivered.
    Product name - WE KAC PDW GBB Rifle (Open Bolt/ Long Barrel)
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 255

Balance: US$ 325.35
    Would hope shops here would have a price tag of €260-270

Advertisement