Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Yeah i have a few NBB's myself, not nearly as realistic, but a lot more efficient huh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Masada wrote: »
    Yeah i have a few NBB's myself, not nearly as realistic, but a lot more efficient huh. :)

Efficiency? Jaysus Masada - have you turned into some sort of tree hugging liberal bed-wetter?!!?
    Where's the fun in brapping someone with a pistol that doesn't blow back?!
    I'm worried about you chief - all this work is starting to get to you. You might need to go to a training village in Wales to unload at people for at least 24 hours...

Tree hugger....

Im tuning engines on an almost daily basis. Tree huggers have a warrant for me. :D

I meant efficient, with a german accent kinda efficient. it means something totally different lol

And the tree huggers haven't seen the Tactical Innovation yet! On the plus side - I can't see any tree hugger getting too bolshy at the sight of that - more likely that they're legging it in the opposite direction.

Sorry - back on topic now - in other airsoft news ...

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

in the nbb v gbb saga one must note the mind of your enemy, while playing in midlands not so long ago, i was plinking away with me aeg when a guy near me opened up with his 416 gbb , we were fairly sure the lads who hadn't even been hit with bb's were calling 'hit', just from the epicness of the noise it made...... on another note i heard that you can get a 'loudner' for airsoft aeg's is this true ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

i heard that you can get a 'loudner' for airsoft aeg's is this true ?
    Yes you can:)
    http:Madbull Noise Maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

haha nice one, I was trying to find a pic of the scene in the simpsons where Homer tries to buy a gun and your man gives him a loudener:P

you read the foot note? it is illgeal to make silencers in the USA... wonder if that's true..

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

According to madbull it is.:o

in the nbb v gbb saga one must note the mind of your enemy, while playing in midlands not so long ago, i was plinking away with me aeg when a guy near me opened up with his 416 gbb , we were fairly sure the lads who hadn't even been hit with bb's were calling 'hit', just from the epicness of the noise it made...... on another note i heard that you can get a 'loudner' for airsoft aeg's is this true ?

Err, is this the oft mentioned incident where Gerrowadat opened up with his new CO2 416 and two people, who shall remain nameless, were so moved by the said 'epic-ness' of said GBB that they stood up and tried to use as many single syllable words as possible to describe said 'epic-ness' - in the process getting hit for their troubles?
    That's a good story - I like that one. :D

In other news the co2 416 is an epic gbbr...

lol, that shall go down in history alright, what a rifle too, That and the PDW have put me off electrics all together now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

What make is the 416 GBB?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

So what you are telling me is that GBB rifles are scrimmable in Ireland and that I should get one, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Beez wrote: »
    What make is the 416 GBB?

WE

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

Damnit, all this talk of the wonders of GBB rifles I'm desperate for one, ach níl aon airgead agam!

Are GBBRs usable in Ireland: Yes.
    Are they as easy, straightforward and accessible as aegs: No.
    GBBRs use mags that are real cap (or slightly more in the case of the AGM/WA) - so to use one you'll need to invest in mags. The mags require an element of maintenance, as does the gun.
    Is the extra effort/cost that you need to put in to use a GBBR worth it: Hell yes!!

I've been using green gas powered rifles for a wee while - and I think (having seen and fired a co2 rifle) that I will be doing the same as Richie and switching over to gas whenever possible, as the ammo limits that come with using these types of gbbrs perfectly suit the type of game I like to play and add an element of realism you just don't get with an aeg, no matter how gucci it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

I want one, somebody give me one

Masada wrote: »
    lol, that shall go down in history alright, what a rifle too, That and the PDW have put me off electrics all together now.

I'm with you on that one - won't be getting rid of any of the aegs in the arsenal, but I'll certainly be using gas whenever the circumstances permit. Need to switch over to co2 though (based entirely on that 416). Don't mention PDWs though Masada - sore topic at the moment as the lads have all turned into a bleedin PDW cult - I seem to be the only one holding out!

mcshape wrote: »
    I want one, somebody give me one

You not using a GBBR Tim? I thought you were gucci'd to the hilt!!
    You're welcome to borrow one of mine some weekend to see what you think (AGM M4 - which has had all the graft put in to make it actually skirmishable and WE SCAR - which is tan, so you'd find that socially acceptable:D).

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

Having only briefly fired Gerrowdats 416, I immediately fell head over heels with the CO2 based system as opposed to the previous green gas GBBRs which I (briefly) owned.

It looks like Irish airsoft is moving in the right direction as regards to ammo limits, so hopefully the 30rd mag won't be as much as a disadvantage in the very near future!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

AGM M4 - which has had all the graft put in to make it actually skirmishable

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is needed to make one skirmishable?

• Advertisement

Not a whole lot, some TLC, cleaning and a little tuning.

but we should probably bring this into another thread or the off topic at this stage, before The Master comes in and hits the "Bolt Text" button. :D

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is needed to make one skirmishable?

On mine:
    Bolt (changed out from the crappy pot metal one that was with it to a vltor lightweight one - increases rate of fire)
    Npas kit
    Anti-reversal latch
    bolt release catch
    trigger group
    Fire selector (to stop it ... you know ... falling out in the middle of a fecking wood, as happened!)
    hop up (the stock hop is a complete waste of time)

That's from memory (it's late dude and there have been beers...)

Lots of cosmetic bits too - the usual magpul stuff - but for skirmishing the above were done to make it reliable and to ensure that it wouldn't fall apart out in the field.

Apart from the rifle itself - mags. Mags are a complete motherf*cker. The stock AGM mags are heavy as hell. The better replacements (Prowin and the like) are expensive, though less heavy. IMHO the AGM GBBRs require much more out of the box messing to get working than WE (all the SCAR needed was the npas kit).

Yeah - what Richie said. We're way off now lads.

In other airsoft news...

Glock Grips pads, available in a number of patterns,

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/sa-glock-advance-grip-pad-smile-type-2pcs.html
    GRIP-PAD-01_MARK1.jpg

GRIP-PAD-03_MARK1.jpg

GRIP-PAD-02_MARK1.jpg

GRIP-PAD-04_MARK1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Just as a quick note before we go too off-topic.

The GBB 416 is epic, but it's an investment.

There's a lot of maintenance to be done, and it's a pricey game to be getting into for a gun you basically can't use in most games. The limiting factor for me is the games -- even playing at MAC you're playing against lads with 110rd midcaps. I have 6 30rd mags and even still I'm way out gunned. It does make you think about where you're putting rounds though. I'll probably only use it at Sennybridge and in games where everyone else is on 30rd ammo limits.

To get a skirmishable setup, what it worked out for me was about 400 for the gun (from Eirsoft), 60 USD for the NPAS kit (direct from ra-tech) to make it co2-ready (the WE is basically co2 ready apart from hotness out of the box). Then 40USD plus shipping per 30rd mag (from rsov). So you're talking 700-750 euro just to get going. I didn't have to replace my hop, which you usually do, so add that as well.

I buy co2 in bulk which helps a bit, but if you're paying retail for gas you end up dropping another tenner or 15 on gas per game (a canister gives you 60 rounds or so, so 2 fills of a mag).

Then after the day it's time to strip it, strip the mags, make sure the canisters are out and the valves get a squeeze of silicon oil, and stored in an ammo box under my pillow for next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

I'm with you on that one - won't be getting rid of any of the aegs in the arsenal, but I'll certainly be using gas whenever the circumstances permit. Need to switch over to co2 though (based entirely on that 416). Don't mention PDWs though Masada - sore topic at the moment as the lads have all turned into a bleedin PDW cult - I seem to be the only one holding out!

Ah Kev, don't fight it you know you really want one;)

The chinese are copying the KWA/KSC 50 rounders for the glock. :)

http://www.ebairsoft.com/aabb-style-rounds-glock-magazine-p-3152.html
    aabb%20magazine%20glock%2018%20b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

give it up man, just admit to their awesomeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

In today's news, I'm just back from a game of paintball.
    It was good, but not nearly as fun as airsoft.
    Now you know.

• Advertisement

gerrowadat wrote: »
    The GBB 416 is epic, but it's an investment.

Few other investments lead to lads forgetting they're in the middle of a game when they hear it fire! For that alone it's worth the gilt. Agree though - needs graft, but worthwhile graft.

Advertisement