Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

well I know I've been very quiet in this discussion, but it has definitely helped me, I was going to get an Ra-tech HK 4168, Co2. but I think I may hold off a while, only getting to know AEG's and how they work, the big turn off fro me was the 30rds. I thought i could work around that but then you got all teh noobs emptying 120rds mids around corners... not fun:(... and I don't want to sjow up at sites with a 430 euro GBBr looking like a player that spends to much money on gucci gear, as I'm on 17...
    thought I'd add that:P

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

Damnit see this GBBR talk is damn interesting to me but my internet etiquette tells me this is straying far off topic...where to go!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Lads, is there any co2 glocks on the market atm or any talks about one being released ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Damnit see this GBBR talk is damn interesting to me but my internet etiquette tells me this is straying far off topic...where to go!?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055912479

Oh and I don't know if its been posted before but its the first time I've seen this.

WA GBBR 3 round burst kit w/ ambi selector.
    3%20rds%20burst%20kit%20aabb.jpg
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/aabb-burst-p-2806.html

Does anyone know what the quality is like on AABB parts? As this is the first time I've seen this manufacturer.
    Although they clearly state that they're GBBR bolt's are cheap parts and made of pot metal. Is it just me or does anybody else find it a little confusing as to why they would purposely make sh!t aftermarket parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The 3 round burst trigger group have been out at least 6 months, there are a few different make on the go. There is a few youtube vids showing how to install it, fairly quick to do once you know how and what you are doing. The reason they are saying there parts are cheap or pot metal quality is to cover themselves really so you know you are buying cheap so don't expect much. But in saying that the AABB parts do seem to do the job and they make almost everything aftermarket there is to make for the WA GBBrs.

It's like the AGM GBBrs, they are very cheap compared to the WA's and need a good bit of work to be skirmishable. Still good though, I have mine close to a year now and the only thing that has just gone in the past month is the mag and the hop up unit. The pot metal bolt is just about holding in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Fair enough, first time I've seen them. Sorry for the re-post.

And yeah I get that they're covering themselves by saying its pot metal, that wasn't the part that had me a little confused. I was wondering why they're bothering making them out of cheap materials at all. Surely people who want to upgrade their gun or replace a broken part would want to put something better then what they just took out.

But anyway I was wondering did anyone know what they're other parts are like as I can't seem to find out what they're made of. Should I just assume that all they're parts are fairly low end-ish?

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Fair enough, first time I've seen them. Sorry for the re-post.

It's not really a re-post. Most people don't know about them.

They were popular last summer in this thread when there was a bit of frenzy when the first batch of affordable GBBrs were doing the rounds with the AGM M4s.

There was all talk about making accurate M16A4s out of the M4s with the 3 round burst trigger, 20'' barrel and solid stock. I planned on building mine then but I never got round to doing it.

When I get my AGM back in action I may look at it again. I'd like to build it off a fresh AGM platform and leave my current M4 is the basic config, but there is still no sign of them starting up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

just poped up over at airsoftnews.eu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Looking pretty good, i think i'll have to be having one of those. :)

Masada wrote: »
    Looking pretty good, i think i'll have to be having one of those. :)

hoping it will be my first large airsoft purchase this year :) , want to turn one into a USMC m14 DMR

M14DMR.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Niiiiice.
    Here's the thing though - at present I've two different load outs of gas mags for GBBRs (and potentially another lot if/when I get a co2 rifle later this summer). As much as I'd like one, it'd mean getting yet another mag loadout.
    And that's before I even look at aeg mags ....
    Lads, why didn't one of ye tell me that this would turn out to be a bloody addiction?!

This is what I'd love to turn it into.

An M21A5. It would probably cost the same in aftermarket parts as the gun to do it though.

M21A5CHEBR-SASS.jpg

M21A5CHEBR-SASS-2.jpg

This is more like what i have in mind. :)

BigRedOneM14.jpg

Shame its going to cost yet another arm and a leg for mags, My third GBB platform and ive only just about exhausted my efforts in blagging mags from moggy, dice and gerrout for the gnus I already have., :D

would not mind the ebr myself, i would imagine if the we m14 is popular ( why would it not :) ) then cheaper conversions will be on the market in time

My third GBB platform and ive only just about exhausted my efforts in blagging mags from moggy, dice and gerrout for the gnus I already have., :D

Saw that earlier when I was trying to strip Gerrout of any spare mags he might have had with his up on adverts:D I believe your name was specifically mentioned.
    Can't justify any more gas mags - it's ridiculous as it is with the mags for the WE and AGM...
    Still ... M14s do rock...

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

M21A5CHEBR-SASS-2.jpg

sorry, but why is there no pull part on the mag pull?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Puding wrote: »
    would not mind the ebr myself, i would imagine if the we m14 is popular ( why would it not :) ) then cheaper conversions will be on the market in time

Note the items on the table
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rfe7PrZUZ8

Oh yea!! GBB-EBR (or the Gebber as I will be calling it) here we come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Sorry, but that m21 is just horrible, it's like 7 different colours, and again, OMGz magpull!!11

You want what Richie linked, bog standard, what looks like VN era m14. What a real rifle looks like, not a glorified swiss army knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

gungun wrote: »
    sorry, but why is there no pull part on the mag pull?

There is, it just goes lengthways on the mag rather than across to lower the profile of it:)

Like this:

00-5-21-07-0089.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

aaaaahhhhhh thank you very much:) never noticed that

bit of news for the fpg fans out there
    Magpul PTS is very excited to announce a joint venture with KWA to manufacture a COMPLETE VERSION of the Magpul PTS Folding Pistol Gun (FPG).

KWA is a respected leader in Airsoft manufacturing which specializes in GBB technology. With innovative designs like the MP7A1 and soon to be released KMP9 (a modern rendition of the TMP), KWA is known for reliability and performance.

The Magpul PTS FPG kit recently made available on the market was developed as a licensed replica of the Magpul Industries FPG and was designed around the KWA M18C and KSC G18C Gas Blowback system. The original intent was to manufacture a conversion kit for the many KWA M18Cs and KSC G18Cs already out there in consumers' hands. It quickly became obvious that the public interest for a completed Magpul PTS FPG was greater than just giving the preexisting M18Cs a second life. A joint venture between Magpul PTS and KWA was an obvious choice, and that is now a reality.

KWA will be producing the necessary internals of the GBB system, nearly identical to the previous M18C design but with a few modifications and performance upgrades per Magpul PTS' request.

Magpul PTS is confident that the products resulting from this joint venture will be of the highest quality and the collaboration will pave the way for future projects. The projected MSRP and release dates are coming soon. The completed gun will ship with a high capacity magazine.

Magpul PTS

jayzuz, check this thing out, a big freaky sympathy face on it. lol

http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3755
    tag_0434_s_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

jayzuz, check this thing out, a big freaky sympathy face on it. lol

http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3755
    tag_0434_s_1.jpg

We could get green and blue ones and play Smurphs V's Shrek:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Haha, ive seen some people before with them but they didnt have the little smirk on the face :P

Little news update from ASG, they have the Licenced A&K masada en route with a new CNC'd metal hopup chamber and nozzle, gucci.

And the new Snow Wolf barrett M82 clone, if its anything like their last one i expect it to be quite nice. :)

4619035675_b0f5f2ff04_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Little news update from ASG, they have the Licenced A&K masada en route with a new CNC'd metal hopup chamber and nozzle, gucci.

And the new Snow Wolf barrett M82 clone, if its anything like their last one i expect it to be quite nice. :)

4619035675_b0f5f2ff04_b.jpg

Affordable M82!!!!! If I may........ HISSY FIT!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Anyone know an estimated Irish Price on those ?

For guns that are plain and simple looking they usually
    fetch an expensive price, but they are iconic.
    The M99 I got is fantastic and the (snow wolf) price
    was excellent but its just not the same as having a HUGE
    big feck off square ugly monster of a magazine as the M82 has.
    At the time I bought mine I had to settle for the M99 not being
    able to afford an M82, but with a snow wolf release that may all change :-)

~B

Advertisement