Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Same here. My M99 was never going to see a skirmish field, bought simply as a prop/wall hanger. I want the M82, amongst other oversized rifles, but wasn't willing to drop a grand on one that will simply sit around looking good. Looking forward to seeing this one in person. Now I just need Snow Wolf to clone that M200 and get onto an AW50 and an NTW20.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

NakedDex wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing this one in person. Now I just need Snow Wolf to clone that M200 and get onto an AW50 and an NTW20.

Add an AI AS50 to that list.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The new Tan receiver for the WE M4 is available as a separate part now, a little on the pricey site but nice to see more and more aftermarket becoming available for them. :)

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=670
    IMG_4187.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

He spoils all the chat of big bad ugly guns with a Tan M4 reciever, he should be shot :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

NakedDex wrote: »
    and an NTW20.

:)

Some good looking ghille's over on RSOV at the mo,

tag_0754_1.jpg

tag_0753_1.jpg

tag_0752_1.jpg

tag_0751_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

the first ghillie looks like it could work pretty nice in hrta, but with a $64 ghillie snagging on stuff i wonder how long before it starts to tear

WE GBB open bolt conversion kits available now, and in both barrel lengths too, :) quite well priced too if i may say so,

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=673
    IMG_4202.JPG

IMG_4201.JPG

• Advertisement

Masada wrote: »
    WE GBB open bolt conversion kits available now, and in both barrel lengths too, :) quite well priced too if i may say so,

70usd for fiddly installation and reduction in reliability? Think I'll keep my money anyway! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭T.w.a.T.

I tought that, only WE and Ra-Tech can sell that open bolt kit!

hightower1 wrote: »
    70usd for fiddly installation and reduction in reliability? Think I'll keep my money anyway! :confused:

its actually really easy to install, but i'm not sure where ya get the reduced reliability thing from? have you used this already?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Kill it!! Kill it with fire! And whilst we're at it give G&P a foot up the @rse to finish their stoner '63 LMG prototype.

You do know what it is dont you?

i expected you of all people to like it. its a real nam era rifle,

You do know what it is dont you?

i expected you of all people to like it. its a real nam era rifle,

It's a hell-spawn-stubbie mocking the 'nam maaan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Lemming wrote: »

I'm with The Lemming on this.

Thats an abomination, and needs to be destroyed, and expunged from the history books.

And you need to be banned for even posting it. Wheres a mod when you need one ?

Its not a faker, ive used it myself in Vietnam, Heres the real one, :)

4626066259_e22a2c184a.jpg

Its not a faker, ive used it myself in Vietnam, Heres the real one, :)

What variant designation is it?

• Advertisement

Shiva wrote: »
    Wheres a mod when you need one ?

Out on the rescue, P226 in hand although chose the USP instead this mornin i think. :D

What variant designation is it?

Shes a CAR-15 Carbine, Early ones were called XM16E1 carbines too as far as i can remember, :)

Shes a CAR-15 Carbine, Early ones were called XM16E1 carbines too as far as i can remember, :)

The XM16E1 designation refers to the M16VN as we know it and covers quite a few variants.

The picture you've linked is a 607 (GX5857) variant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Its a real model, the little latch on the stock swings to allow it to collapse, it is one of the early carbine models. I've seen 'em before but forget the name.

The XM16E1 designation refers to the M16VN as we know it and covers quite a few variants.

The picture you've linked is a 607 (GX5857) variant.

yep thats another name ive seen em refered to as, 16e1 carbine is correct though, you can even find it stamped into the receiver on some of em, often refereed to as as a 16 shorty by soldiers of the time, or an A1 carbine too, and often seen with an XM148 attached,

EDIT: heres more info about it,
    http://98.196.65.94/retroblackrifle/index.html

guwan, admit it, you thought it was a mishmash stubby thriller. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Tm used to sell a version of that, disconntinued for years know. The stock was deadly was spring loaded and hadca habit of catching people off guard

Yeah thats right, have seen a few pics of them and always wanted one, but the ABS receiver put me off, the hurricane one was mad money.

its actually really easy to install, but i'm not sure where ya get the reduced reliability thing from? have you used this already?

As far as I can recall he says so on the relase vid on youtube, something a kin to "we believe the closed bolt WE system is one of the most stable around BUT for realisim we introduce the open bolt pdw system" , even the fact of more moving parts is a higher chance of failure.
    I've watched the install tutorial and I wouldnt consider it exactly a drop in system ether. I'm sure you'd find it childs play but for the likes of me (braindead or maybe the fearfull of screwing up their beloved PDW in some way) its not really a venture I'd embark upon for the sake of changing whats already a very good and barely visable system as is?

The cons far outweigh the pros on this for me.

ps, just wanted to say thanks for all the news post you put up in here! Like a one man news team, to most viewed thread on boards for me for that fact... cheers man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I'm with Tony and Lemming on this one - that THING is all sorts of awful. In fact it's nearly bad enough to make me shudder when I think that my magpul beauty could have a fugly great aunt like that out there to pollute the gene pool. Nope, time to switch to AKs after that to stop that image burning my mind...

• Advertisement

ah right, i thought you had one and broke it or something. :D

Ive been thinkin abut doing the changeover myself with the PDW, not because i care about the open bolt thingy but just because i like the design more than the current one which can be a little problematic at times, that said, the new one could be as bad, hence why i was intrigued if you had one. :D

gotta love the short barrel length though, that and a night slencer will make for a very good "looking" gun at least. lol

Im not 100% sure yet on the mag compatibility either, its apparently a new mag design, but im hoping its a little tweak to the top of the current mag, making the changeover a little more cost efficient.
    hightower1 wrote: »
    As far as I can recall he says so on the relase vid on youtube, something a kin to "we believe the closed bolt WE system is one of the most stable around BUT for realisim we introduce the open bolt pdw system" , even the fact of more moving parts is a higher chance of failure.
    I've watched the install tutorial and I wouldnt consider it exactly a drop in system ether. I'm sure you'd find it childs play but for the likes of me (braindead or maybe the fearfull of screwing up their beloved PDW in some way) its not really a venture I'd embark upon for the sake of changing whats already a very good and barely visable system as is?

The cons far outweigh the pros on this for me.

ps, just wanted to say thanks for all the news post you put up in here! Like a one man news team, to most viewed thread on boards for me for that fact... cheers man.

Advertisement