Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Appently the mag design top is new but yet to see any side by side yet, will be picking up the gen 3 with engraved body after berget

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Masada wrote: »
    yep thats another name ive seen em refered to as, 16e1 carbine is correct though, you can even find it stamped into the receiver on some of em, often refereed to as as a 16 shorty by soldiers of the time, or an A1 carbine too, and often seen with an XM148 attached,

EDIT: heres more info about it,
    http://98.196.65.94/retroblackrifle/index.html

You learn something every day ...
    guwan, admit it, you thought it was a mishmash stubby thriller. :D

Of course. Hence my "kill the stubbie with fire" commentary

Puding wrote: »
    Tm used to sell a version of that, disconntinued for years know. The stock was deadly was spring loaded and hadca habit of catching people off guard

I have visions of airsofters being knocked unconscious by their own guns now :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Masada wrote: »
    yep thats another name ive seen em refered to as, 16e1 carbine is correct though, you can even find it stamped into the receiver on some of em, often refereed to as as a 16 shorty by soldiers of the time, or an A1 carbine too, and often seen with an XM148 attached,

EDIT: heres more info about it,
    http://98.196.65.94/retroblackrifle/index.html

guwan, admit it, you thought it was a mishmash stubby thriller. :D

http://98.196.65.94/retroblackrifle/ModGde/CrbGde/607.html

theres the link to actual one, have to say kinda want, really like the spring loaded stock :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    http://98.196.65.94/retroblackrifle/ModGde/CrbGde/607.html

theres the link to actual one, have to say kinda want, really like the spring loaded stock :)

Yeah i really like it, I thought I was done with electric guns once and for all, and then they make more stuff i like.
    I think it looks better with the 177e2 flash hider on it, though you'll see it in both configurations. if someone made a GBB version of this i'd sell the missus, a kidney and live on water alone for a coupla years.

i get the feeling its gonna be an expensive summer for me. :D

it'd be perfect for cqb but still based on a real gun not a stubby M4

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »

I have visions of airsofters being knocked unconscious by their own guns now :D :pac:

closer to the truth than you think ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

closer to the truth than you think ...

What a great way to finish a week in work (reading about airsofters getting attacked by their own guns that is; not being one of them ...)

Not sure if its a repost, but there is a brand of mesh googles appear to be made in the uk from stamped steel (rather than mesh), blurb from website claims "These Goggles will take a hit from 500fps bolt action Sniper Rifle at point blank range, Additionally it will take approximatley 22 rounds, 0.2g bbs at point blank at 350fps in the exact same spot before any damage occours".

HeroShark_Dagger_4bf7a01806085.jpgHammerhead_Mesh__4bf3e1af5a80d.jpg
    HeroShark_Tiger__4bf7a0945139c.jpg

available from here http://www.circuit-airsoft.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=26&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71

they are between £18-£20, plus delivery (i ordered a couple of small bits and got charged £13.

yer made in the uk, guy is from arnies has his own shop as well and will make custom masks http://www.heroshark.co.uk/

nice might see if i can get a lower face guard as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Appently the mag design top is new but yet to see any side by side yet, will be picking up the gen 3 with engraved body after berget

If you look at the conversion video he shows off some bits to convert the mags.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

Not sure if its a repost, but there is a brand of mesh googles appear to be made in the uk from stamped steel (rather than mesh), blurb from website claims "These Goggles will take a hit from 500fps bolt action Sniper Rifle at point blank range, Additionally it will take approximatley 22 rounds, 0.2g bbs at point blank at 350fps in the exact same spot before any damage occours".

HeroShark_Dagger_4bf7a01806085.jpgHammerhead_Mesh__4bf3e1af5a80d.jpg
    HeroShark_Tiger__4bf7a0945139c.jpg

available from here http://www.circuit-airsoft.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=26&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71

they are between £18-£20, plus delivery (i ordered a couple of small bits and got charged £13.
    anything for us folks with glasses have to use chunkey goggles to fit around the rim of my glasses :(

There was other but he has moved them around on the site have a look at either circuit airsoft or Google hero shark and you'll see the range

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

roryk1 wrote: »
    anything for us folks with glasses have to use chunkey goggles to fit around the rim of my glasses :(

http://heroshark.co.uk/node/173 They look pretty decent too.

And is it just me or are the holes in this line of mesh goggles very large compared to say the bitter end goggles?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Spec Savers are doing half price eye exams till the end of the month, grab a coupon in store and pay €45 to get contacts. Got mine yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    And is it just me or are the holes in this line of mesh goggles very large compared to say the bitter end goggles?

They might be a bit easier to see from and stop that darkening effect you get with mesh. If its metal they can probably afford to be bigger as the BB wont get through........i would hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

lads i took a pair of viper goggles took the lens out and maplands in blanch sell pressed steel mesh for speakers need a good heavy duty snips and bobs your uncle;)

Done buy those, their a pile of shoite. :)

they frames break really easily, just from moving around, they dont even have to be shot to break.

http://www.circuit-airsoft.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/HeroShark_Dagger_4bf7a01806085.jpghttp://www.circuit-airsoft.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Hammerhead_Mesh__4bf3e1af5a80d.jpg
    [IMG]http://www.circuit-airsoft.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/HeroShark_Tiger__4bf7a0945139c.jpg available from here[/img]http://www.circuit-airsoft.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=26&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

lads i took a pair of viper goggles took the lens out and maplands in blanch sell pressed steel mesh for speakers need a good heavy duty snips and bobs your uncle;)

I was thinking of doing this. Did you do any test point blank? Is the mesh ok to see through?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The sound from that F2000,:eek: thats worth the asking price alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

<snip>
    wow I thought my JLS F2000 had high rate of fire:P.. that is sick... although I'd say the retailers here will have to do something about the FPS adjuster..

T4RGET wrote: »
    wow I thought my JLS F2000 had high rate of fire:P.. that is sick... although I'd say the retailers here will have to do something about the FPS adjuster..

would not really be an issue, personally we would simple set it up so that on the highest setting its under the 1 joule, but there are actually a large number of aeg that allow some degree of adjustment to the fps without tool, the ics l85 and the star m60/m249 series being two good examples

would not really be an issue, personally we would simple set it up so that on the highest setting its under the 1 joule, but there are actually a large number of aeg that allow some degree of adjustment to the fps without tool, the ics l85 and the star m60/m249 series being two good examples

oh right, that will work:)..really even with normal AEG's people can always make them over the 1J if they really wanted to ( not advising that just a statement don't want to get banned just saying, nearly got banned last time for saying something similar:()

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

T4RGET wrote: »

Not really. G&G ship their units to Ireland with appropriate springs, IE sub-1J. If someone buys one and decides to ramp up the power of their own accord after purchase, it's their own doing. The only person that can be held accountable is the owner. The sites can stop them from playing with it, but at the end of it all, it's about honour and responsibility. It's no different to someone buying a sub-1J AEG with a quick-change spring and swapping the spring for an overpowered one.

Where it will come in immensely useful, is avoiding situations where environmental conditions cause the rifle to either lose or gain power, putting it too low or over the limit. If the day is particularly warm, your rifle may be over power. A quick tweak and you're back under limit again.
    I think it's an ingenious system. Kudos to G&G for pushing a new concept out there like this. Hopefully we'll see more like it.

NakedDex wrote: »
    Not really. G&G ship their units to Ireland with appropriate springs, IE sub-1J. If someone buys one and decides to ramp up the power of their own accord after purchase, it's their own doing. The only person that can be held accountable is the owner. The sites can stop them from playing with it, but at the end of it all, it's about honour and responsibility. It's no different to someone buying a sub-1J AEG with a quick-change spring and swapping the spring for an overpowered one.

Where it will come in immensely useful, is avoiding situations where environmental conditions cause the rifle to either lose or gain power, putting it too low or over the limit. If the day is particularly warm, your rifle may be over power. A quick tweak and you're back under limit again.
    I think it's an ingenious system. Kudos to G&G for pushing a new concept out there like this. Hopefully we'll see more like it.

oh i agree just that's what I meant that people can do that with normal AEG's anyways... also handy for going abroad where power may be 450 or something, I got the JLS version recently I it's amazing, get loads of attention becasue of COD I'd say but the G&G version really pushed the ideas of the gun, and they already have plans for the laser/torch and greande launcher to replace the normal grip

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Looking at the G&G manual they have a work around for the basic built in optic. A normal scope will attach with the rail with standard scope rings and then the housing module will cover the scope and give the appearance of the standard F2000 1.5x optical unit.

I don't know to hold out for the G&G "Hunter" version or go with the standard version and fit the sight unit later on.

• Advertisement

Looking at the G&G manual they have a work around for the basic built in optic. A normal scope will attach with the rail with standard scope rings and then the housing module will cover the scope and give the appearance of the standard F2000 1.5x optical unit.

I don't know to hold out for the G&G "Hunter" version or go with the standard version and fit the sight unit later on.

where you see this? you got a link?
    I'm going to build a scope for my F2000 but if G&G are bringing one out I may try to see if it will fit the JLS one

Advertisement