Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Am I the only person on the planet who thinks the F2000 is really ugly lookin' ? :p

When it comes to guns Ugly is sometimes a good thing.
    (It could be worse it could look like just another M4 with a different handguard or stock)

I'm drawn to the F2000 even though initially looks wise I think it looks terrible!
    The Trigger is the only thing I would find hard to get over, similar to the
    AUG and P90 its got one of those horrid chunky triggers, dont like em as I always feel they are not sensitive, prefer a more traditional style trigger.

With regards to bullbup design, have always liked the idea behind them in terms of how practical they are
    but equally for some reason if I was to think of shouldering a real steel one there is something that bothers me about having the ammo/mag right up near your face/shoulder instinctively I seem to prefer having ammo/mag out
    a but more towards the front of the gun.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭chris20

sar21_2.jpg

century-arms-bullpup-631x288.jpg

m14_bullpup.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Vector CR21 from District 9...yum.

Iran also made a bullpup version of the G3.:eek:

An airsoft HK G11 would be very do-able. Basically a box with a sight and pistol grip.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Since everyonie's fapping over bullpups, I'll post something bigger. Came across this on my travels;

X-Caliber HB M2 .50cal 8mm
    m2-5.jpg

Lemming wrote: »
    Since everyonie's fapping over bullpups, I'll post something bigger. Came across this on my travels;

m2-5.jpg

now imagine using that big 50 cal and someone sneaks up behind ya and takes ya out with this hahahahaha :p

micro-rifles.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

I would gladly save up for years to buy that M2, should also give me time to build up massive arms for the perfect Rambo 4 impression:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

Disclaimer for Law Enforcement/Military Agencies for Less Lethal Use:
    Due to the extensive rate of fire, law enforcement and military personnel are encouraged to exercise and heed the following: For less-lethal use, velocities should not exceed 425 FPS for typical engagements and should not be used at close range if possible. Do NOT aim for the center of body mass or head area. The M2 .50 Cal Machine Gun is capable of inflicting serious or possible fatal injury! Aim for the lower extremities and when firing and keep the muzzle moving in a constant side-to-side motion across the target so to minimize tight clustering of the BBs directly onto the target to minimize possible injury. Fire ONLY short bursts! Long bursts may wear through a target and may inflict serious or possible fatal injury. NEVER use metal BBs for less-lethal use!! Use of metal BBs may inflict serious or possible fatal injury! Piper's Precision Products nor X-Caliber Tactical CANNOT be held responsible for any accidents or incidents due to misuse or neglect or use of the minigun in the less-lethal role.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Disclaimer for Law Enforcement/Military Agencies for Less Lethal Use:

the key is from this heading, the paintball/airsoft system has and can be used int he 'less than lethal' role ( got to love the phrase ) with high fps and heavy weight ammunition, in the airsoft role with sensible joule ratings it is just as safe as a normal aeg, in a game of airsoft it would never be ramped up to the levels that may be used in the less than lethal role

I was just shocked at the power of the thing.

Beez wrote: »
    I was just shocked at the power of the thing.

It has adjustable FPS between 200 - 500fps. Bear in mind that's with 8mm, so it wont be 328fps = 1j, but in the mid 200 range.

It has adjustable FPS between 200 - 500fps. Bear in mind that's with 8mm, so it wont be 328fps = 1j, but in the mid 200 range.

Its not really ideal for irish play really though is it. Kinda defeats the purpose of it.

Its not really ideal for irish play really though is it. Kinda defeats the purpose of it.

Errrr, why? Because yuo can't run it at 328fps?

You do realise that 1 joule is 1 joule regardless of fps right? Ever used anything heavier than .20g BBs? .23 or .25 maybe? Guess what ... they aren't legal at 328fps either ... you're firing at 292fps for .25, and somewhere around 300fps for a .23

Errrr, why? Because yuo can't run it at 328fps?

You do realise that 1 joule is 1 joule regardless of fps right? Ever used anything heavier than .20g BBs? .23 or .25 maybe? Guess what ... they aren't legal at 328fps either ... you're firing at 292fps for .25, and somewhere around 300fps for a .23

Because the whole idea of it is to be a stationary heavy gun. If its not firing at an advantage over other AEG's that are mobile you would be a sitting duck. Unless its just there for looks in a mil sim game or something.

And im not having a go at the 1 Joule limit before i get in trouble i just dont think it has a place unless it can be used the way it is intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Because the whole idea of it is to be a stationary heavy gun. If its not firing at an advantage over other AEG's that are mobile you would be a sitting duck. Unless its just there for looks in a mil sim game or something.

And im not having a go at the 1 Joule limit before i get in trouble i just dont think it has a place unless it can be used the way it is intended.

Its a law mate, not just an inconvenience. As Lemming said if it fires at 328fps with a .25 bb for instance then in would be over with a .2, hence its firing over the legal limit and cannot be allowed on any site.

Its a law mate, not just an inconvenience. As Lemming said if it fires at 328fps with a .25 bb for instance then in would be over with a .2, hence its firing over the legal limit and cannot be allowed on any site.

Oh i know, im not making any statement that the law should be changed or how unfair it is or whatever.

All im saying is this gun is designed to shoot further and harder than a normal AEG taking the place of a heavy machine gun in a military simulation enviroment and is kind of pointless if its not used this way.

It just puts the user at a disadvantage to someone with the same power (and probably a higher ROF) that can be mobile.

Its just my opinion..

Because the whole idea of it is to be a stationary heavy gun. If its not firing at an advantage over other AEG's that are mobile you would be a sitting duck.

heh .... you're overlooking one very distinct advantage this gun has. It can fire 8mm at 600 rpms.

Ever been on the receiving end of 8mm? No?

Now imagine ..... ever been on the receiving end of 8mm automatic fire? Lets just say most players would be making out with the dirt like it was Kate Beckinsale in latex.

heh .... you're overlooking one very distinct advantage this gun has. It can fire 8mm at 600 rpms.

Now imagine ..... ever been on the receiving end of 8mm automatic fire? Lets just say most players would be making out with the dirt like it was Kate Beckinsale in latex.

Iv never expierenced being ahot at with 8mm BB's so maybe this thing would have a place.

I just thought with such a low fps at 1 joule it would not cover as good of a distance as your average AEG. I suppose if you had it behind a steel plate and in a good position it could be quite interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

I suppose if you had it behind a steel plate .

with the blood and guts slowly dripping off of course:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

8mm tri-shotgun yes but not an auto this is cool :) .. haha :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

have to agree with Lemming here, there's a major "oh ****" factor to be considered when you think about facing a hail of 8 mm bbs. Plus it's a proper support weapon, a two man team could set it up plus move it relatively quickly, and even with more mobile support weapons (M60s, 249s etc) a two man team is the best way to provide effective support with them. Support gunners need spotters, ammo carriers and close defense too y'know...

My main concern with this M2 though would be whether it has a hop-up or if it is designed to achieve effective range through using power levels in excess of our legal limits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

A rather interesting looking piston with full steel teeth, pretty cheap too, :)
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/upgrade-part/shs-full-steel-14-teeth-piston.html
    SHS-PTN-14T_2_mark.jpg

The 416 trade marked lower receiver finally goes on sale at airsoftbuddy, this is for the WE GBB 416. I know Gerroudat will be interested in this little baby. Works out about 80 quid. :)

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=616
    616_IMG_3852.JPG

PS, I couldn't give a flying fuk weather you hate seeing "M4 receivers" posted here, so dont bother moaning about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Masada wrote: »
    The 416 trade marked lower receiver finally goes on sale at airsoftbuddy, this is for the WE GBB 416. I know Gerroudat will be interested in this little baby. Works out about 80 quid. :)

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=616
    616_IMG_3852.JPG

PS, I couldn't give a flying fuk weather you hate seeing "M4 receivers" posted here, so dont bother moaning about it.

Bloody Heckler and Koch receivers again... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Each to his own.

I just don't see the point, though. :confused: Once you've seen a couple of hundred almost identical recievers, you've seen them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I think what someone should do (not me though) is to get a load of Pics of all
    the different types of M4 receivers that have been released and make a collage. One big feck off HUGE image that shows us all the differences at the
    same time where we can get a Poster made. (or play spot the difference) :D

Have ink jet plotter in work that takes 45inch x 150ft rolls of paper if
    it was not a piece of crap I could have used it to print out such a poster on the sly when everyone was gone home from the office but unfortunately its really only good for basic non-photo like stuff.

~B

OzCam wrote: »
    Each to his own.

I just don't see the point, though. :confused: Once you've seen a couple of hundred almost identical recievers, you've seen them all.

Well by the same logic, you post completely non airsoft related military stuff in here too B, I don't mind it, but I hate the "News police" carry on thats been here occasionally. I post these things for the greater community, and not solely for that one chap who has a hatred for anything M4 shaped and wants to share it. If one person sees my post and finds something they like then its been successful.

Theres loads of things in this thread that don't interest me at all, but i overlook them and read the next post. simples. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Masada wrote: »

omgz, it's a 416 receiver n00bz.
    I know cos my mate's mate is in the Libyan Navy or something, showed us at his gaff.

sick of people like u.

Advertisement