Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Lethal, I just did a search of the archives, and in fact, the term 'Gibbon' came up 53 times, all of them in relation to you. Mighty Gibbon came up a staggering total of no times at all.

Here are some others that came up, all of them in relation to you, and maybe that's where the confusion came in:
    Gibbon Boy
    Magical Gibbon
    Gibbon of Doom
    The plastic-coated Gibbon
    GIBBON LORD (Yes, it has to be shouted like that)

Funny the way 'mighty' completed failed to be found, even in any discussion involving you. Sorry to take your thread off-course, Puding. Had to clear up that borderline slander though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

On the topic of AUGs (and on the topic of the thread for a change)

A-AUG-02-CQB-L.jpg

Available over on Redwolf is what looks like a kind of Phantom-A3 hybrid kit.

It's a shame that no-one has taken the plunge and made a full, correct A3 kit. It surely can't be much harder than making the A2 conversion kit... A Vtec-style STANAG mag adapter would be good too; I've already asked how much it would cost him to make a semi-commercial kit ;-)

G&G are making a proper A3 but it means a minor redesign of the bolt carrier so an A3 kit isn't going to get much better than they are already unfortunately.

NakedDex wrote: »
    G&G are making a proper A3 but it means a minor redesign of the bolt carrier so an A3 kit isn't going to get much better than they are already unfortunately.

Ah, I meant a whole A3 front-end replacement rather than a mod of the A2, maybe allowing for some re-use of the A2 parts, rather than a bolt-on.

Any news on that G&G model? I haven't picked up on much on the web...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've also never seen anyone in the military carrying and using 3500 rounds in a 3 hour fight on his own either. Armour pieces don't even do that.

Thats my bloody point. This is airsoft. 100% similation can never be acheived as that is the real thing, and practically we are very limited to how close we can get. I dont care if the army dont use cmags. They also dont use light ply and pallets as cover, or 446 radios, or have names like the ghosts, or have 5 SAWs in a squad of 8. We're here to have a bit of fun, and lose a few pounds, thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

and lose a few pounds, thats it.

Speak for yourself pfft..... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

kevteljeur wrote: »
    It's a shame that no-one has taken the plunge and made a full, correct A3 kit. It surely can't be much harder than making the A2 conversion kit... A Vtec-style STANAG mag adapter would be good too; I've already asked how much it would cost him to make a semi-commercial kit ;-)

The SANTAG mag well is an option on the real A3 and all. Its a shame there is no way to make it a drop in kit like on the G36.

Looking foward to G&Gs effort and with a bit of luck they will make a full barrel set and the new AUG A3 sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

...They also dont use light ply and pallets as cover...

Slightly OT, sorry. I don't think pallets should count as cover. Concealment, yes, but not cover. If you can shoot through it, you should be hit through it.

Carry on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

you know what really annoys me, im not naming but a certain few people, one day at hrta, crowded to the top floor on the bus right, you know the way at the top of the windows there are small 1'long x 10'' high gaps, the guys stuck theyre barrels out the gap above the window, while just standing normally behind the glass and shooting at us, it was basically blind fire, accept they were looking out the glass to see where the BBs were going, and we could not hit them, anyway, thank god the bus is currently undergoing a tranformation from glass windows to wire mesh!! there is only glass left on one side on the top floor last time i was there:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

In fairness, the rules state,
    "If you can see down the sights of your gun then you can shoot from the position".

The same would apply to disguisung yourself under a mound of pallets and debris with a small shooting position and if you think about some APC's etc, they have gunner poistions where there is a really low chance of being able to hit the gunner through the gap hes shooting from. its realistic i would say. you just have to come up with a way of outsmarting them.,:)

vtec wrote: »
    In fairness, the rules state,
    "If you can see down the sights of your gun then you can shoot from the position".

The same would apply to disguisung yourself under a mound of pallets and debris with a small shooting position and if you think about some APC's etc, they have gunner poistions where there is a really low chance of being able to hit the gunner through the gap hes shooting from. its realistic i would say. you just have to come up with a way of outsmarting them.,:)

you see the problem is they werent looking down the sights, they were holding th aegs above their heads and just guiding the stream of bbs towards the target whilo looking out the windows...but that problem will be gone soon...as for the pallets and so on i have no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

That's also photoshop. Noone actually uses cmags (apart from the MG36) outside of really bad anime games like MGS. Has anyone ever seen someone use one in person? No. Point proven, case closed, do not pass go, do not collect £200, bite my shiny metal ass etc. It's a myth. Like leprechauns and black gas.

That's genuine and it's off the defence forces website. It may not be on the current one but that was on it back circa 2003. The pic was from before the Irish Army had DPM. They used british DPM. So where's my 200 ;)

Right, this has gone way out of control. What I said about the CMag being photoshopped was a joke. I thought that was pretty plain and evident since I claim that anything that goes against what I say is photoshopped. I claimed Doc was photoshopped before for Gods sake.

Any chance we can drag this thread off a discussion about CMags and back onto a thread about news?

You mean Doc isnt a photoshop???

The SANTAG mag well is an option on the real A3 and all. Its a shame there is no way to make it a drop in kit like on the G36.

Looking foward to G&Gs effort and with a bit of luck they will make a full barrel set and the new AUG A3 sight.

Actually, it doesn't come with a sight; you can get the ones they show on the Steyr site, although they are pricey. I think Eirsoft does business with the guys who supply them. As for the STANAG, there's a guy who might be talked into making a drop-in kit, if we wave enough money at him...
    Right, this has gone way out of control. What I said about the CMag being photoshopped was a joke. I thought that was pretty plain and evident since I claim that anything that goes against what I say is photoshopped. I claimed Doc was photoshopped before for Gods sake.

Any chance we can drag this thread off a discussion about CMags and back onto a thread about news?

And, so, are you getting reliable advance information about G&G or is it the usual suspects? I'd read some hints and such about their future plans, but I figure you might have a more repliable source (Such as G&G themselves).

The only mention ive heard of the G&G one is on "frag international" or something like that., its not really backed up as far as i know., They are doing an FN2000 though., :)

Yeah it was nothing official I heard myself, just the usual internet rumours. I did see what was supposedly pictures of mock ups, but they may have either been misused or posted from RS sites.
    Frankly I stopped caring about the A3 when they officially announced the FN2000. Here's hoping they do the launcher and optics too, if they can do a proper replica SUSAT that well, I'm sure they can handle the FN2000 optics.

padmundo wrote: »
    That's genuine and it's off the defence forces website. It may not be on the current one but that was on it back circa 2003. The pic was from before the Irish Army had DPM. They used british DPM. So where's my 200 ;)

the irish army never had cmags as standard issue nor did they use british dpm...the rangers buy some of those things on a personal prefference, that has nothing got to do with it being standard issue with regular troops

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Thats my bloody point. This is airsoft. They also dont use light ply and pallets as cover

Cover and Concealment

So what is the difference between cover and concealment? Simply stated--cover will stop bb's, whereas concealment will not. Crouching behind the refrigerator is cover; crouching behind the cardboard box that it came in is concealment. Both are mandatory tools to keep in your tactical tool bag. Cover is paramount when dealing with a potential shooting situation. Indeed, the best place for you to be during a gunfight is behind cover. Cover gives you a superior position, a tactical advantage over your adversary.

What if you have no cover?
    Concealment is the answer. What, then, is concealment? Anything that allows you to hide yourself from your opponent, or impairs his ability to get a clear shot at you. The mind is sometimes too complex for its own good. Many times, when we cannot clearly see our target, we either hesitate, or do not shoot at all. This small break in the decision making process helps us to catch up on the power curve that always favors the bad guys. Remember the principle of action versus reaction? That small break in the action may be just what we need to put us on a level playing field with our subject.

One other thing-
    that action should always be followed up with going to cover immediately. If you have your gun drawn, you should either be looking for cover, or at cover. Those two actions go hand in hand. If you train to always marry up coming out of your holster at cover or looking for cover, you will fight the same way. Mastering and including cover and concealment improves your chances of surviving a gun battle.

• Advertisement

i cant believe some of you want to make youre AUG look like this...anyway, here is a gunner custom

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1372&osCsid=cd40b0f04c95f49542686e06547ce94f

G3-Nut wrote: »
    i cant believe some of you want to make youre AUG look like this...anyway, here is a gunner custom

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1372&osCsid=cd40b0f04c95f49542686e06547ce94f

Gonna need to get the 650mm barrel too, almost forgot. I'm thinking prommy. Wonder would a 509 work in the meantime...

I wouldn't be crazy about it myself.,
    Although they call it the "HBAR" the barrel isn't any thicker than the normal AUG so it looks a bit scrawny. It also doesnt have the longer magazines.,
    I reckon theres gonna be a good deal of flex in it at that length too and the AUG has a weak spot as it is, this might mean its very likely that using the HBAR kit will crack the body of the rifle and it'll fall apart.,

Although they call it the "HBAR" the barrel isn't any thicker than the normal AUG so it looks a bit scrawny. It also doesnt have the longer magazines.,
    I reckon theres gonna be a good deal of flex in it at that length too and the AUG has a weak spot as it is, this might mean its very likely that using the HBAR kit will crack the body of the rifle and it'll fall apart.,

Hedganian(Arnies) has been using one for ages and last time I checked his was still intact.

Although they call it the "HBAR" the barrel isn't any thicker than the normal AUG so it looks a bit scrawny. It also doesnt have the longer magazines.

Much as we all hate C-Mags (ahem) this is actually a valid application for one along with the STANAG magwell kit.

Seconded. I've fallen forward and jammed the muzzle of my A1 into the ground at least twice already. Doing that with an even longer barrel is going to put it under an awful lot of stress. It'll be OK with careful handling, but I wouldn't go jumping ditches with it too often.

I'm going the shorter route.

Hedganian(Arnies) has been using one for ages and last time I checked his was still intact.

Its a problem with the A1 and A2 already, theres no doubt that the added length and weight of the HBAR will add to it. the plastic body fractures just behind where the bolt catch would sit when cocked back.,

Ozcam, i agree a cmag would look more suited, although it still has an insane capacity and i'd much prefer Steyr 40rd magazines instead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

G3-Nut wrote: »
    the irish army never had cmags as standard issue nor did they use british dpm...the rangers buy some of those things on a personal prefference, that has nothing got to do with it being standard issue with regular troops

Ah I meant to say it was a ranger. I thought I had. Although I usually half explain things and expect others to know it all :D Anyway sorry to NakedEx, misunderstood the humour behind the post, bloody internet and it's lack of tone!

...the plastic body fractures just behind where the bolt catch would sit when cocked back.,

Good to know.
    Ozcam, i agree a cmag would look more suited, although it still has an insane capacity and i'd much prefer Steyr 40rd magazines instead. :)

If we could get them. I suppose a hi-cap would do for skirmishing - your gunner's mate can wind it:). I just thought "if you're going to be insane, why not go the whole hog?"

Oh what i meant was, i would prefer copys of the steyr 40rd mag only in a midcap, maybe 100-140rds, its longer than a normal AUG mag.,:)

• Advertisement

Oh I knew what you meant mate :) It's hard enough to find decent lowcaps in the standard 30 round real size apart from those fragile King Arms ones. If we want something that looks like the real 40rd mags, we'll have to make them ourselves :)

Advertisement