Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭scar 101

what would they be used for ya throw it in the door before ya come charging in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Stonewolf wrote: »
    That looks completely useless

If someone didn't know what they were I'd imagine they'd serve as a decent distraction, but if you have knowledge of them you'll be expecting someone trying to flanking/charge you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

If people managed to get some of those old disposeible
    square like Flash things that went on the old cameras and jury rigged them to go off when throwing I reackon they
    would work better than any led based device.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

bullets wrote: »
    If people managed to get some of those old disposeible
    square like Flash things that went on the old cameras and jury rigged them to go off when throwing I reackon they
    would work better than any led based device.

~B

We have some of them in a drawer....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

You could make a ball with a light in it for a few quid. Better than that and all I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'm getting a set.

Not for airsoft. They look like they'd be handy for using under engines when I'm working in awkward spots. For airsoft they'd be about as much use as a fart in a phone box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

NakedDex wrote: »
    I'm getting a set.

Not for airsoft. They look like they'd be handy for using under engines when I'm working in awkward spots. For airsoft they'd be about as much use as a fart in a phone box.

well a very bad fart in a very small enclosed space, usually does the job of clearing the area pretty good:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

IEAS wrote: »
    has anyone ever seen those bullets for those guns builders use think there called hilty bullets or somethin like that, anyhew we used to break those open (kids bored, stupid) if you threw the powder on a fire or just hit it hard it would give a really big flash, i mean u were blind for about 10secs.Oh ya the tactical balls hmmm.. if your against an army of cats that wud do the trick, a flashbang is a "flash"+"bang" and the ball does'nt have either so am....??

Shooting forum that way
    >
    there will be no comparison or the likes in regards to firearms as per the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

Or the builders forum? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cheecch251

Those balls are one of the most stupid gadgets i have seen in a long time :D

You could just roll them back at the person who threw them at at you and i hope they where not original designed for real swat teams or the like .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

ok maybe there useless for airsoft you may be able to trick someone once but after that there going to just ignore then, but i could see there application in the real world as a distraction devise in hostage rescue situations or stand off, those things come rolling into a room there going to grab your attention and make you think what the f*** , and give other people time to act

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

One real-world application I can see for them (apart from lighting under jet engines for me) is if entry teams are going into a potentially hostile room with the power out.
    Judging by the reported lumen output of these, tossing a dozen into a good sized room would possibly do enough to light it sufficiently to see what you should be looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

nice way to allow you to light the room without the danger of torches and presenting yourself as a target

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

They look like they'd be more useful at a rave to be honest, but lighting up a room would be helpful alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Is your vagina being held hostage? ...Then you need Tactical Balls!

Ahem....

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

King Arms M4 GBB up on eHobby. Not sure if this is news or not, can't find any reviews/mention of it around anyway, so I assume it is.

Anyhoo, link : http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/other-gun/gas-blow-black-rifle/other-gbb-rifle/king-arms-colt-m4a1-gas-blowback-rifle.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

new magpul masada available on ehobby for pre-order (apologies if this is old news)

$450 or €350, thats not bad at all

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=MAGPUL+PTS+Masada&x=11&y=7&cat=27

I'd say that with a wider angle of light coming out of them they would be grand for lighting up a room, thats what I thought they were first, a reusable rollable flare type job. As they are its an led light in a ball with a narrow enough beam, and a bit naff I think, a solution to a problem that didn't exist IMO.

And sure, I've thrown an empty bottle of bb's into areas and shouted 'grenade!' and it worked fine, the noise of people scampering for dear life is hilarious, and it gets their focus and aim off the door you run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

This looks completely impractical skirmishing wise, but for a collector's piece, if it works well, it'd be sweet
    http://top-airsoft.co.jp/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

For you gangstas out there, a gold m92 from we:D
    http://www.airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?cPath=51_297&products_id=12467

I think socom gear/we are releasing a gold coloured 1911 as well which did look well
    Gold1911-1_08.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭scar 101

Horse84 wrote: »
    This looks completely impractical skirmishing wise, but for a collector's piece, if it works well, it'd be sweet
    Hi Horse would u now how much that would cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Horse84 wrote: »

it would be worth bringing it to a skirmish just to see the looks on people's faces :D

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

New at Ebaybanned.

TMC%20DeEH%20Steel%20Half%20Face%20Mask%20banner.jpg

When released would love if somebody would do an impact check on the plastic, I wasted 15 squids for the last ones, who's next?

When released would love if somebody would do an impact check on the plastic, I wasted 15 squids for the last ones, who's next?

The rims fell apart did they?

The rims fell apart did they?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYrBN4WvzEk

Yes, the GB in the AUG sounds like a 40 a-day smoker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Hmm they seem usefull enough, hopefully the plastic will be uo for it as lethal said..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Shell ejecting M4 looks awesome (and I hate M4's)
    but the idea of it Yummy.

Would LOVE a gold M9 and that limited edition 1911.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

From the link of the shell ejecting m4, it says it can be used normally, so it's not that much of a collectors piece. Just an extra bit of fun for plinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Advertisement