Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Danin wrote: »

Its a bit stupid that it doesn't protect your eyes, I appreciate having a choice in eyewear but for this it makes sense to me to just continue the mesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

It's good for speckies though, That looks like a very decent setup, as the goggles you use don't touch your face, so don't heat up and fog as much, and plenty of room for glasses.

Now if only they weren't so ridiculously expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Its a bit stupid that it doesn't protect your eyes, I appreciate having a choice in eyewear but for this it makes sense to me to just continue the mesh.

Unless you are concerned about the very real danger of the mesh failing or a BB splitting an passing through the mesh.
    This solves the fogging problem of combining a face wrap/neoprene face mask with goggles.
    Good idea IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

it is a strange design but does seem to tick a lot of the boxes where people have problem with eye and face protection, definitely a case of function over looks

Fair points re: specs and bb shards, criticism retracted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I like it. That's the first full-face I'd consider wearing. I normally find such things way too restrictive, especially since I wear glasses. I reckon you might need to make a notch in them to allow a pair of glasses through them though, it looks to be quite form-fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

I personally think that the set up of how it is supported around the face is one of the best design features due to the fact that most mesh masks usually only have one strap which continuously requires adjustment as it tends to slip, this one on the other hand has the strap which goes over the crown of the head and it is also supported at the back making it far more secure.Couple this mask with a set of Bolle T-800 Tactical Goggles like these and you have no loss of peripheral vision or fogging issues.

bolle-t800r-tactical-goggles.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

lools like the new elcan dr replica variable scope will retail for about 197usd on ebaybanned
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/element-dual-role-optical-sight-1x4x-p-3411.html

these replica scope are getting pricey, pitty there is such a difference in the finish between the element poster and ebairsofts pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

Puding wrote: »
    these replica scope are getting pricey, pitty there is such a difference in the finish between the element poster and ebairsofts pictures

Pricey is right, I def can't afford one right now. I'm happy enough with my fixed zoom elcan dr, not sure i want to be sacrificing any of that excellent eye relief either:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

along the same lines as myself then, can't really justify the money on something that offers no advantages over the specter replica i have and the eotech/aimpoint replicas i have , the duel function is nice but nothing more than a luxury ( with what i;ve seen it is actually a decrease in performance for the 4x and i would imagine the it might be the same for the red dot mode )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

A different alternative to normal rail covers, and help for all those with tons of wires hanging off their rail

http://www.pro--t.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_9&products_id=737

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Horse84 wrote: »
    lools like the new elcan dr replica variable scope will retail for about 197usd on ebaybanned
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/element-dual-role-optical-sight-1x4x-p-3411.html

You'd pick up a second hand EOtech in good nick for that price:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

J.D.R wrote: »
    A different alternative to normal rail covers, and help for all those with tons of wires hanging off their rail

http://www.pro--t.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_9&products_id=737

Nice find there JDR!:D

I know. I got the Magpull rail covers, and then found that everyone has them*. Might get these as an alternative

*Aw crap, shoulda kept these a secret. Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

I know. I got the Magpull rail covers, and then found that everyone has them*. Might get these as an alternative

*Aw crap, shoulda kept these a secret. Oh well

:D:DLOL:):)
    Same here have loads of the xtm covers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Solid Snake

For those of you that are as sad as me.

Here is you're next ridiculous purchase......The Airsoft Recon Drone!!
    bimg5610.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.etamiya.com/shop/ardrone-parrot-iphone-ipod-touch-rc-flying-object-with-wifi-brushless-motor-system-p-90022077.html

A quadricopter made in carbon fiber and high resistance PA66 plastic
    MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) and video processing to ensure a very
    intuitive piloting of a radio controlled object
    Wi-Fi and video streaming for a modern interface with an iPhone™ or iPod touch
    Images processing software for augmented reality

Ha! Get you're krylon out coz it's gonna need a respray!

Nice flying target:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Solid Snake

I know, I was thinking of painting in these colours!

targete.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Very subtle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

Had a look at their website and the videos of use really are quite impressive. The major problem with their tactical employment might be WiFi range - they note that you can control the drone "even meters away".

Wow, impressive,....then again never mind scouting - find some way of mounting something that spits bbs and it could be a useful way of taking down people hiding behind trees/whatnot. Someone has to do this, or maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

Bemused wrote: »
    Had a look at their website and the videos of use really are quite impressive. The major problem with their tactical employment might be WiFi range - they note that you can control the drone "even meters away".

Wow, impressive,....then again never mind scouting - find some way of mounting something that spits bbs and it could be a useful way of taking down people hiding behind trees/whatnot. Someone has to do this, or maybe not.

Could be the start of Skysoft

Bemused wrote: »

Until someone shoots back and there goes 400 quid

Get some of those 15$ chinese RC helicopters, it could be like the yokes from half life 2, buzzin at ye, never mind recon, we want destruction!

Maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

On a more practical and alternative suggestion note; may I recommend these? link. They don't need batteries and you don't need to worry about wifi range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Pfftp no WiFi is there even a digital screen
    Lemming wrote: »
    On a more practical and alternative suggestion note; may I recommend these? link. They don't need batteries and you don't need to worry about wifi range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Beez wrote: »
    Could be the start of Skysoft

Or Skynet... I'm telling you lads, be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Am I the only person here who would probably ever consider buying one of those :P ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Am I the only person here who would probably ever consider buying one of those :P ?
    I was thinking myself they could be good for some mil-sim scenarios as a stand in for a recon drone. You would have to prohibit people from shooting at them of course. The only other problem is the short battery life. From what I have seen they are good for about 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

Until someone shoots back and there goes 400 quid

Nonsense - watch the video and they are clearly laser beam and missile proof. They will laugh and shrug off your 6mm silliness. :rolleyes:

Death from above!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

I dont think theyd be flying too far but theyd deffinatley add another aspect to milsim, and hopefully spur people into putting roofs on cabins or even fixing them :P *cough cough*

But nah I wonder how quiet it would be....

Advertisement