Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

New Ra-Tech vids on Youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

The Glock conversion kit is available on ebaybanned for $73.

AABB%20HR%20style%20Arms%20GLOCK%20Carbine%20Conversion.jpg
    AABB%20HR%20style%20Arms%20GLOCK%20Carbine%20Conversion%20a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

scanlant wrote: »
    The Glock conversion kit is available on ebaybanned for $73.

Birthday next week. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSCORE!:D

EDIT: Sh!te, not sure how you'd get at the selector on an 18c :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

The finished product looks a lot better now!

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Sod it. I'll get one for the craic.

• Advertisement

I think the idea is to add a rail to the stock so you can
    put a vertial grip (FUG Forward universal grip) on the back
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Bipods_Milspex_LR_style_Tactical_POD_Prone_Optimization_Device.htm

Seems to be a copy of this:

PC102565.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

apparrently to aid shooting in a prone position

Gatling wrote: »
    apparrently to aid shooting in a prone position

When your shoulder just wont do :D

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

http://www.laruetactical.com/pics/laruetacticalpod/laruetacticalpod.html

very much like the built in rail on the magpul prs stock to allow a monopod, not really of practical use in airsoft but in the real world if your behind your rifle for extended periods of time it is of use

s7300120.jpg
    pod_1.jpg

also i would imagine the larue would make a nice strike plate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

Kwa have announced they're going to develop a gbb version of the Kriss Vector smg
    http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=188001
    image_thumb353.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭moggser

gold M9 over at airsoft panda

we-m9-beretta-gold-003.jpg

Horse84 wrote: »
    Kwa have announced they're going to develop a gbb version of the Kriss Vector smg

Oh good. Something to look forward to in 2013...

NakedDex wrote: »
    Oh good. Something to look forward to in 2013...

2013? so what? if it takes that long to make a decent worthwhile product, that's not an m4, it's worth the wait. we give out that there's very little new and innovative stuff coming out at the moment (which is fair) and when something is announced, people start cribbing that it's not what they want or it won't be ready next week. I give up lol

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

This will prob use the kwa glock mags right?

EDIT: HURRRR forgot the whole caliber difference:P

I'm not complaining to you, about you or at you, just that it seems that airsoft companies are more content with announcing what they're going to do than actually doing it.
    Bear in mind, this isn't the first time someone as announced they were going to make a Kriss.

The "Yay! Not an M4" camp might be delighted with the news but that doesn't excuse the massive wait which will be accompanied by "teaser" photos every few months to remind everyone that they're making "Not an M4".

I'm all for innovation, and I'm acutely aware of how long such things take, but I'd appreciate announcements like that far more if they were declared when there was a working prototype already completed.

This isn't just with AEGs and GBBs, but accessories too. Announcing a clone of a new sight months, or even years, before it's ready for production is just acting as filler and shows the company really has sod all else going.

I would like a Kriss, so I welcome the news, but I'll likely have a dozen more interesting AEGs and GBBs by then anyway.
    I'm not impatient, but it sort of shows up that KWA/KSC have nothing else of note in the pipe.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Hope they take the oppertunity to try something different with the vector though. I mean look at the body of it, there is nothing stopping them from slapping in a nice big gas compartment in the main body so you gas up the gun directly and it could hold a hell of a lot of gas in there.... new type of mag then especially for it like a high cap..... plenty of gas... plenty of bb's .... lightweight..... plenty of fun.

Something tells me the chance would be a fine thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The problem with an internal gas tank is cool down. If that happens you won't be firing for a while. With gas in the mag, when it cools down just change out a mag and fill up the used one when it heats up again.

He has a point though. Maybe not an internal tank, but a position to allow two 12g CO2 capsules to be loaded wouldn't be unfeasible. Plenty of juice in two capsules, virtually no cool-down and it'd mean the magazines would be very cheap, given that they'd be closer to those used in the AEG UMP than a Glock.

That is, of course, unless KWA/KSC decide to copy the redirected recoil mechanism too, which would be excellent from a technical appreciation standpoint, but completely useless in application for airsoft. Overcomplicating the design for no return.

NakedDex wrote: »
    He has a point though. Maybe not an internal tank, but a position to allow two 12g CO2 capsules to be loaded wouldn't be unfeasible. Plenty of juice in two capsules, virtually no cool-down and it'd mean the magazines would be very cheap

..... I love it... I'lll take two please dex!

(dual weild stockless vectors like pistols ftw)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Except instead of changing mag when the gas expires, you'd need to change gun. No thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

eh no. you open the compartment and replace the co2 capsules, means you dont need one co2 for ever mag, cus one capsule fires off way more then one mag but people dont refill BB's they just reload teh gun with a new mag, this way the co2 capsules will be completely emptied too:)

If they have any notion of keeping the fire rate in line with the real steel then gas just wouldnt be realistic with cool down. Co2 would be the only option there but thats ONLY if they want to keep faithful to the RS's ROF.

Dammit Dex now you have my hopes all built up for a co2 vector! A case of hopes undermining common sense on my I think. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

The kriss i have always thought to be to most disgusting looking gun I have ever seen and anyone with an interest in it shall shall be shunned from my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

2013? so what? if it takes that long to make a decent worthwhile product, that's not an m4, it's worth the wait. we give out that there's very little new and innovative stuff coming out at the moment (which is fair) and when something is announced, people start cribbing that it's not what they want or it won't be ready next week. I give up lol

Is it just the done thing now that people completely misread posts and just go off on a mad one? Must be about the 10th time in the last two weeks I've seen someone have a mad one after completely misreading a post.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsGsktbNIuWKJTdhUJwFFkA35mpB7esFcMDvCXdTTF6LCV_Qk&t=1&usg=__6Xdb3IpHlssC_HgZSABEYaM2qhU=

A serious breather is needed by alot of people in this thread....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

^^^^^^^^^

I see what you did there :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

RSOV has a load of new stuff up, including a dark earth hk416 gbb

The gold m9 as previously mentioned and a couple of other pistols, and have announced upcoming ACM models, m7a1 included, that weird thing everone went mad for back when KA made one I think.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Is it just the done thing now that people completely misread posts and just go off on a mad one? Must be about the 10th time in the last two weeks I've seen someone have a mad one after completely misreading a post.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsGsktbNIuWKJTdhUJwFFkA35mpB7esFcMDvCXdTTF6LCV_Qk&t=1&usg=__6Xdb3IpHlssC_HgZSABEYaM2qhU=

A serious breather is needed by alot of people in this thread....

Eh....thanks for that pal, i hardly went off on a 'mad one', i responded to a post nothing more. i don't get involved in the dick measuring or the **** slinging that happens all to frequently around here at all. I could point to a couple of your mega posts over the past few years, you could have taken a breather then!

looks like inokatsu's new 1911 will be Tm based and takes c02. Hopefully it can be downgraded easy enough
    image_thumb366.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭zombiehunter

Now that looks pretty cool!

Advertisement