Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

never had a problem with Pro&T, they where always very good with customer service and fast on shipping orders out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Puding wrote: »
    never had a problem with Pro&T, they where always very good with customer service and fast on shipping orders out

And they don't end their e-mails with 'cordially' everywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Fishing Rod bag in Aldi from tomorrow, 15euro.

154 x 24 x 12cm. Plenty long enough for an SSG or Bar-10, but not quite deep enough for an AUG/Tavor/FN2000. Might be OK for someone who needs an inexpensive gun bag. Worth a look anyway.

Neoprene Fishing Gloves, 6 euro.

I'm going to try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Brendog Russell

hey puding im a mate of stevie griffin and i was talkin 2 u ages ago about buyin a gun it was a ics m4 and 2 mags and a bat and charger u also said ud change da stock for get da price but i think i was 180-200 ne way i was jus wondering if u still ave it if so cud u send me a pic nd ur price send me a visitor message wen u can dis is da only wayi cud contact u

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

hey puding im a mate of stevie griffin and i was talkin 2 u ages ago about buyin a gun it was a ics m4 and 2 mags and a bat and charger u also said ud change da stock for get da price but i think i was 180-200 ne way i was jus wondering if u still ave it if so cud u send me a pic nd ur price send me a visitor message wen u can dis is da only wayi cud contact u

Hmmmm this is airsoft news. interesting to say the least where can i get one of these?

On the other note brendog you have been warned on multiple threads to drop the txt spk you have not done this. Read the charters keep it simple.
    Take three days off for failing to listen to the txt speak rule.
    Andy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Lots of great stuff on there.

Anybody have any dealings with them, good or bad?

I just had a look at that website, and it might just be a glitch but why are all their pistols costing between 500 and 1200 dollars?

LoL nevermind its HKD, i added a 1200 dollar meu to the basket for the craic and realized it wasn't USD :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

OzCam wrote: »

I've similar shooting gloves. They are very annoying
    and get uncomfortable. Best suited for extremely cold weather. Any normal weather your hands sweat like crazy and ithe neoprene tends to trap the wetness next to your skin. Also your fingers loose the sensitivity at the finger tips so you end up
    rolling the finger tips back with the velcrose whch leads to
    a big fat piece of neoprene at the back of each finger. They do absorb a BB hit fairly well, would be more comfortable
    if you chop the finger tips and thumb off them though.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

bullets wrote: »

Someone mentioned them awhile back on an "anti-fogging thread". They are meant to be pretty damn good. Wanted to get some but couldn't find anywhere that sold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Got the fishing rod bag in aldi today and was going to pick up a set of the gloves but seemed a bit uncomfy and I already have a pair of sealskinz :)
    The gun bag is quite long so when I hve my aeg in it I'm just going to fold the top over so it's easier to carry, comes with a shoulder strap too which is handy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Got the fishing rod bag too a while ago. Its very long but it does do the job :) I managed to fit a L96 and an Ak 74 in mine with no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

lidl walki talkies on sale today!! 30 euro for 2!

I have those radios too :p Really good for the money and as good as any of the cheaper radios in Argos. The also come with a headset which is a good start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Hmm those lidl walkies were 20 when I bought them! Bummer.

Those headsets arnt great either :( Or maybe I just hgave big ears...

Whats wrong with them so? Wont fit your ears? All I care for is the working walkie talkie. Once thats sorted I'll pick up and decent (and compatible) headset.

On that topic; What brand of headsets are compatible with them so?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Headsets do the job, but having the mic floating around annoys the hell out of me. You can get a cheap skype headset from the likes of Maplins and patch it onto a single 2.5mm jack yourself easy enough.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Whats wrong with them so? Wont fit your ears? All I care for is the working walkie talkie. Once thats sorted I'll pick up and decent (and compatible) headset.

On that topic; What brand of headsets are compatible with them so?

The Headsets arnt designed to fit anybodys ears...unless your ears were made by lidl. Not amazing quality. The Mic on one of mine got busted.

But the Walkies themselves are completly different story. Perfect so far for me. Battery life is a bit low but what do you expect for 20-30 quid ? Id recommend them.

Im not sure what size headset it uses...been looking to get one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

as lethal bullet said, if you bring the walkie into maplins they'll match a headset to the radio and supply the adapter if needed...i did that with my lidl radio

I guess I'll give that a lash so - cheers guys.

Anyone recommend some better batteries for them aswell? A better quality rechargable?

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I guess I'll give that a lash so - cheers guys.

Anyone recommend some better batteries for them aswell? A better quality rechargable?

I think they use unique battery packs, at least mine do. Not sure you could buy new ones. There grand for a days skirmish but I havnt used mine for more than that :)

• Advertisement

My lidl ones take standered AAA batteries. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Same as myself :)
    There grand comms, they do the job and there cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Mando Commando

Picked up a pair of these this morning, have found them to be just ok. One of the units is extremely crackly. I suppose for e30 you can't be surprised.. Just like a set of binatone 950s I got - one good and one bad. On the upshot, the headsets are compatible so at least I have 2 good units and headsets between the lot of them!

Also just a word of warning. They hate the rain. One of mine currently does not work. The speaker on the actual radio is broke. I suspect it was the rain that caused it. But it still works grand with a headset

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lads, I think its worth mentioning that you may well be talking about several different models here. Aldi and Lidl get different batches every few months. When commenting on a radio please include the make/model so that we dont all get confused.

The Aldi(I think) ones we have got soaked before without issue. They are Twintalker 4710 DCP's. No complaints here.

I got the Lidl ones. :) They come in a blue and red colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

As a note of caution - The ALDI and LIDL radios are terrible quality. They have a range of about 50-100 metres before they go to ****e with static, and you're likely to have yours flung in a hedge by anyone who's trying to use decent comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

gerrowadat wrote: »
    As a note of caution - The ALDI and LIDL radios are terrible quality. They have a range of about 50-100 metres before they go to ****e with static, and you're likely to have yours flung in a hedge by anyone who's trying to use decent comms.
    I got to echo this. For your benefit, and for those that will have to listen to your crackly transmissions pay the bit extra for a decent set of radios.

And what would be the cheapest set of "effective radios". You have to assume that if your buying these Aldi/Lidl radios then your strapped for cash at the mo. Easy to say "Oh yeah go buy propper ones" but that could mean spending 100+ which just is not an option for many people (myself included)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

i have to say that i disagree about those radios..ive had a set of lidl radios for over a year now with no problems with static or range, they have performed perfectly since ive had them

Advertisement