Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭chris20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

chris20 wrote: »

:eek:

Sounds brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

I know it's not earth shattering news, but LIDL are doing their version of Silicone spray again next Monday. Might be worth getting a few cans

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20106335.p.Universal_Silicon_Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

J.D.R wrote: »
    I know it's not earth shattering news, but Aldi are doing their version of Silicone spray again next Monday. Might be worth getting a few cans

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20106335.p.Universal_Silicon_Oil
    Lidl even ? :P
    Nah just kidding, that stuff comes in proper handy and its only out every once in a while so ill be getting a few cans of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Someone here on boards mentioned something about the Lidl/Aldi
    silicone sprays before. There was something that they found happening with their gun that only happened when they used Lidl/Aldi silicone spray but not
    when they used other brands. I cant remember what it was though.
    (It may have been feeding issue or maybe related to a Mac10 GBB)

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Hum. I have gone through 2 cans of the stuff on various AEG's and I have not noticed any performance changes. Maybe it affects just GBB's?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

My 3 cans are gone, time to get more, that stuffs fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

What happens when a PDW and a SR15 make sweet love?

VFC SR635

KAC%20M635%20AEG_1.JPG
    KAC%20M635%20AEG_2.JPG
    KAC%20M635%20AEG_3.JPG
    KAC%20M635%20AEG_5.JPG
    KAC%20M635%20AEG_7.JPG
    KAC%20M635%20AEG_9.JPG
    KAC%20M635%20AEG_10.JPG
    KAC%20M635%20AEG_12.JPG
    KAC%20M635%20AEG_13.JPG
    KAC%20M635%20AEG_14.JPG
    KAC%20M635%20AEG_15.JPG
    KAC%20M635%20AEG_17.JPG
    KAC%20M635%20AEG_21.JPG
    KAC%20M635%20AEG_23.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Just spotted this on EbayBanned.

1911%20carbine%20conversion%20kit.jpg

Makes me wish I hadn't flogged my MEU!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Just spotted this on EbayBanned.

1911%20carbine%20conversion%20kit.jpg

Makes me wish I hadn't flogged my MEU!

DEMOT1.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I had intended to get the Glock version and a donor KWA Glock to fit into it, but I ended up scrapping the idea. I only wanted it as a prop, and had no real use for it. I wonder if this one will fit the KJW CO2 1911? That would be a tempting prospect, given the recoil on that version.

Anyone else seeing that VFC SR635 and thinking "meh"? It looks barely different to any other short barrel M4. The only slightly appealing factor about it is that it's ambidextrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

NakedDex wrote: »
    I had intended to get the Glock version and a donor KWA Glock to fit into it, but I ended up scrapping the idea. I only wanted it as a prop, and had no real use for it. I wonder if this one will fit the KJW CO2 1911? That would be a tempting prospect, given the recoil on that version.

Out of interest Dex why an M1911? I see why there's a glock type with the full auto issue but it's only a single shot, your just making it bigger/more cumbersome?

It was a Glock 17 I was going to put into it anyway. I don't want something that's going to give full auto. It's not something I ever use anyway. The KJW CO2 1911 has a vicious blowback, the strongest I've ever felt on any handgun. It makes everything else seem incredibly weedy. If it fitted that kit, it'd make for an interesting little piece.

As I said though, I only wanted it for a prop. I never found appeal in Glock 18c's, but one of those with a Glock 17 would be compatible with the existing magazines that I have for my own KWA Glock 17, and give me the unique prop I wanted.

Anyone else seeing that VFC SR635 and thinking "meh"? It looks barely different to any other short barrel M4. The only slightly appealing factor about it is that it's ambidextrous.

Yeah, I kinda wish they'd go crazy and make something cool, like a Tech 9 or a Vector or something.

There's no money in crazy though:(

They don't even need to go crazy, just make something that isn't another M4/M16 style variant. A Bofors AK5, for example, or a Shrike. How about a bloody VSS? There's a starved market there for that, just waiting to throw their wallets at VFC for one.

They don't even need to go crazy, just make something that isn't another M4/M16 style variant. A Bofors AK5, for example, or a Shrike. How about a bloody VSS? There's a starved market there for that, just waiting to throw their wallets at VFC for one.

Ah, you know yourself, licenses, tooling, etc. Change is scary for factories that are flat out just doing what they do and being happy about it. Wish it wasn't so, but its all about the volume/investment payoffs.

That's why the VSS should be an obvious one. Every AK fan wants one, and VFC have a reputation for making great AK's (they have that reputation for everything they make though).
    It's sort of like G&G and their latest additions to their line, particularly the FNC and F2000. Both with people crying out for good airsoft versions (the Star FNC was a tad unreliable and lacked available spares). The F2000 was a complete punt for them, a scratch design, and an elaborate one at that. It turned out to be a fantastic move, and with no competition.

Anyway, this discussion has been repeated several times on this forum. You're right, unfortunately it won't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

How about a bloody VSS? There's a starved market there for that, just waiting to throw their wallets at VFC for one.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Airsoft-VSS-Russia-t174553.html
    Tiny Russian company making Airsoft VSS's! Bad news is the prices start at $1000.
    98155-2bc09-26228698-h200.jpg

ahem..

There's a few companies who do things like this, very small amounts of unusual pieces at huge prices. The Moison-Nagent is another example. Problem is, they're rarely all that good and only useful as a collectors piece.

I'm talking about a high quality version, produced in numbers large enough to keep the price affordable and realistic to the airsoft populace. Say €450, give or take €50. That's still on the upper tiers of AEG pricing, but I'd be infinitely more inclined to pay that for a VFC VSS, which I'd trust, than twice that (before the ancillary charges) for an offering by a tiny manufacturer with no track record, and it'd be reasonable to assume that's the opinion held by most.
    Even if said tiny manufacturer happened to make one that's perfectly fine, I'd still only drop a grand on it if I wanted it for a wall hanger. I wouldn't risk a bespoke rifle costing four figures in a skirmish.

Anywho, again, going absurdly off topic.

Custom VSS's have been knocking around a good while, gbb, aeg, but small run hyper expensive units aren't satisfying the market.

A 450€'ish VFC would fly off the shelves, its just stupid that there isn't one, Dex put it perfectly.

You can have anything built for 1-2 grand, what people want is an affordable off the shelf aeg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Probably the best way to get a VSS for it to be included in a call of duty game.
    Guaranteed the manufacturers would be pumping them out then for all those elite gamers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

anyone know what the craic is with the vanaras prr on rsov is? when will they have them in or is there anywhere else to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Bulle UK have started making Multicam gear -- their stuff is top notch, and flecktarn.co.uk have started stocking it.

gf85_m.jpg
    G&G GF85GS
    G&G GF85GL

Oh G&G, how come you always seem to make all the things I want in such awesome ways? Don't ever, ever change.

Love, Dex

PS.
    Actually, you could change one thing and actually have let me know that you had released this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Oh that is so unbelievably fecking awesome!! No more scouring the internet trying to find an AK5 front set to mod my FNC!!!

And no more plans for enamelling an FNC to keep it authentic in colour, or manufacturing the trigger guard to keep it the right shape.
    I've held their FNC already, lovely piece. No burst fire though. The option is on the selector, but it doesn't function.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

And no more plans for enamelling an FNC to keep it authentic in colour, or manufacturing the trigger guard to keep it the right shape.
    I've held their FNC already, lovely piece. No burst fire though. The option is on the selector, but it doesn't function.

Yip - none of that hardship which would only open the potential for me to make a balls of a perfectly good FNC. And of course it means having a G&G AK5 rather than a STAR butchered AK5-alike.

All in all - awesome.

DBoys Metal VN 120 round (mid-cap) mags on Ebairsoft.
    Dboy%20120%20rds%20Srping%20mag%20for%20m16%20aeg.jpg

Will be getting some of these!

Ooooohhhh Dboys metal STANAG mids too!
    aah! WIN!
    mag_0180_0.jpg
    Proper size too!
    Sooo much win, did I mention it's a tenner for two of them?

They look like 40 rounders to me, I'm no expert on the stanags though, someone clarify please, or are they just a bit skinny looking because of the camera angle?

• Advertisement

They look like 40 rounders to me, I'm no expert on the stanags though, someone clarify please, or are they just a bit skinny looking because of the camera angle?
    RSOV says 90.

I well took that up wrong. Brain fail, yet again...

Advertisement