Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Restrepo is on at the IFI, Temple Bar, from today 13th to Thursday 21st October twice daily, at 16:30 and 21:00.

I've been waiting nearly a year for this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

scanlant wrote: »
    They had better get a full length G36 released asap after this gets released.

it looks great, look forward to to a g36k , would not mind putting together a g36k ksk replica

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

OzCam wrote: »
    Restrepo is on at the IFI, Temple Bar, from today 13th to Thursday 21st October twice daily, at 16:30 and 21:00.

I've been waiting nearly a year for this...

Looks great, I will go to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

jaysus another G36 Gbbr ,there goes christmas
    WE,SRC ,GHK G36 GBBR decisions decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm surprised that the bolt design in this is not like that of the SCAR. When you remove the recoil spring and back plate, the bolt with the cocking lever attached can then slide out the back like the real thing as the real and WE SCAR design replicates.

Pity about the cocking lever not being able lock to either side like the new Ares EBB G36 range but the rate of fire of that GBBR more than makes up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Bernie Mac wrote: »
    Just saw this pop up on youtube...looks like a really nice piece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVe3rs5XyQU

Benevolent copulating feces...

I'd love to say it's about time, but I don't even care. Want that, and want it now.

I'm going to buy one, then complain solidly until the CO2 mags are inevitably released for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

That g36 is so awesome it's difficult to find the words.
    So here's Barney to explain how I feel:
    awesomenessc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Not sure if these are "New" or not.

I know people have a tendancy to say Paint ball BB's are
    Sh1t and will break and mess up your gun, the same went
    for the dusty powder coated marker BB's and you will have others object to using them saying Play paint ball then not airsoft....and the safetly element for those who wear mesh face protection. With all that completely ignored :P
    I must say am facinated by these yokes and would love
    to try some out.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/BBs_Tools_BBs_Hellfire_6mm_Paintball_BBs_Green_500rds.htm

~B

Bell revolvers came with free ones, they were crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Soldier Systems have a post about a tactical rail for the Beretta M9. Lots of 'softers would like this.

No idea whether it'll fit airsoft M9s, but someone's bound to try.

• Advertisement

OzCam wrote: »
    Soldier Systems have a post about a tactical rail for the Beretta M9. Lots of 'softers would like this.

No idea whether it'll fit airsoft M9s, but someone's bound to try.

$100 approx according to links.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Wow that "G39" looks fantastic, shame about the trades.

Not really my thing but that's some serious RoF on it.

Stonewolf wrote: »
    Wow that "G39" looks fantastic, shame about the trades.

Yeah, you can blame Umerex for that. Any company going through official channels to use HK replicas has to have these. The new VFC HK416s, the new Ares EBB G36 range. The KSC S7 USPs, but their MP7s don't seem to be hit too bad.

I don't know why they can't use molded trades in the plastic instead of the "tipex" trades even if they are fake.

Another thing, WE got to use the HK416 name and full accurate trades but now they can't use the G36 name and have to use over the top fake trades, what happened there.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

more info on the new TM stuff from Japan Hobby Show today

http://www.hyperdouraku.com/event/praragi1010/index.html

http://www.hyperdouraku.com/event/praragi1010/part2.html

want the px4 :)
    have to wate for the H&K HK45 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

According to people on Arnies the externals of the WE G36 look suspiciously similar to that of ARES, with the same inaccuracies and awful trades. Plus apparently it breaks down identically.

would have to agree, seems ares are being used as oem for the externals, explains the sticker over the trades ( btw the real trades are still under the sticker on the ones I've seen )

According to people on Arnies the externals of the WE G36 look suspiciously similar to that of ARES, with the same inaccuracies and awful trades. Plus apparently it breaks down identically.

It does yeah except the Ares it a bit closer externally to the real thing with the cocking lever side locking that the WE does not have. It would break down identically as that what they want it to do like the real thing. The G36 AEGs on the market as it is break down fairly similarly to the real thing for an AEG, Ares took it one step further for their EBBs.

The trades are similar because they would be sued if they did not have them thanks the Umerex who hold the world wide licence to all HK products, real and replicas. The replicas say "Kal 6mm BB" instead of "Kal 5.56mm" and some even have <1J in the trade marks.

the different between the cocking leaver could be down to WE as it would be fundamentally different from the aeg version and more than likely produced by them

Puding wrote: »
    the different between the cocking leaver could be down to WE as it would be fundamentally different from the aeg version and more than likely produced by them

All it is is a small spring lock mechanism though to lock it out to either the right or left side. Fairly easy to copy over if they are sharing the same OEM parts one being an EBB and the other a GBB. The cocking lever is not even removable or attached the bolt assembly on the WE which is should be and the bolt assembly does not even slide out from the rear of the receiver in break downs like one would expect.

That design feature is patented by HK so that could be part of it.

• Advertisement

they may not have replicated it or it could be there and just not demonstrated in the video correctly, will not really know everything until people get there hands on it tbh :)

About the Ares EBB G36s, I'm surprised there was not much news about them here. They are out a good few months now and it was only last week I watched a decent youtube review on them and they seem very good indeed.

They seem to by made from higher quality polymer than any other G36s out there and they are not as expensive as the TM EBB G36.

For the time being the Ares EBB G36s look to be the most perfect replicas money can buy, just a bit of paint on the trades that is.

not much buzz as the ebb was really just seen as an upgrade to most people, the externals have always been nice on the g36 line all the way back to the star days :) have the g36 and a couple of g36ks for projects, a lot more accurate finish compared to jg and ca

but have to agree i see them as great value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28WfZBa6UzQ&feature=sub

Let me correct myself; apparently not ARES body anymore :P but very similar copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭moggser

That g36 is so awesome it's difficult to find the words.
    So here's Barney to explain how I feel:
    awesomenessc.jpg

he's unbelievably gay(in real life) tho Kevin.. gay 36 lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28WfZBa6UzQ&feature=sub

Let me correct myself; apparently not ARES body anymore :P but very similar copy.

Ah, so there's the bolt assembly. It was really bugging me how they designed it with yesterdays vid. It looked like it was partially permanently installed into the receiver. Great to see the actually made this as close as possible to the real thing and the cocking lever forward assist lock, big kudos there.

Optional S,E,F trigger group please WE.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

moggser wrote: »
    he's unbelievably gay(in real life) tho Kevin.. gay 36 lol

Yeah, but as Barney, Awesome.
    True story.

Stealthirl wrote: »
    more info on the new TM stuff from Japan Hobby Show today

http://www.hyperdouraku.com/event/praragi1010/index.html

http://www.hyperdouraku.com/event/praragi1010/part2.html

want the px4 :)
    have to wate for the H&K HK45 :(

wow that is one ugly ak, its good to know there developing new unique and innovative products

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Put me down for the TM Scar ebb and the px4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Gatling wrote: »
    Put me down for the TM Scar ebb and the px4

Yep me too, but the feckin price:eek: (e520 is the marked price and I'm sure it will be even worse by the time we see it... :rolleyes:)

I'd love to see one tho. The Px4 is rather nice aswell.;)

Advertisement