Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

520e you bleedin jinx you only said that at hrta that TM prices were creeping up ,thats a heart breaker ,hmmm L96 might have to go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

yer the price is a killer the last couple of years, i;ve had my eye on a sopmod m4 for some time but for that price i could pick up the Celcius , humm choices choices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Gatling wrote: »
    520e you bleedin jinx you only said that at hrta that TM prices were creeping up ,thats a heart breaker ,hmmm L96 might have to go

I could be wrong but the prices are marked on the display at JpY59,800 (approx €520).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Yep me too, but the feckin price:eek: (e520 is the marked price and I'm sure it will be even worse by the time we see it... :rolleyes:)

I'd love to see one tho. The Px4 is rather nice aswell.;)

px4 showing up at about 140 ish, epic want - think i might have found my next pistol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I could be wrong but the prices are marked on the display at JpY59,800 (approx €520).

That might change in the near future - the Japanese government are talking about taking steps to stabilise and devalue the Yen, cos the sky-high price is seriously damaging their export market.

If they do, and they almost certainly will, you'll see TM prices come back to almost normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

the newer aegs and l96s have been slightly over priced for a while now ,yet there pistols havent changed much in price ,if tonys right and the cost comes down santa coming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Been away most of the day so I'm a bit late to the discussion ...

I really dislike the breakdown on most airsoft G36s. The RS has 3 pins (which slot into holes on the stock) but most AEGs have a screw thing through the magwell and then screws again into the trigger assembly. So far as I've seen only the Ares manufactured ones have 3 pins (and have had going way back).

In terms of quality the Ares units have excellent externals (I have pre-EBB model and had an old Star) and until the EBB very nice trades. I've found there's nothing inherently wrong with the internals but the QC is poor.

I don't see why there should be any kind of grumbling about WE using Ares sourced externals as these are very good quality parts. I'd like to have seen a full takedown as yer man only did a partial. In the Real Steel there's a part (I can't remember what it is because it's been a while but I suspect it does pretty much the same thing as that return spring part) that comes out the back like he showed and is removed before the bolt carrier. There's actually a H&K takedown vid on youtube somewhere if you want to really go and see what's inside one but until we see someone do a takedown on the WE model there's not much point in looking it up (except curiosity I guess).

UPDATE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28WfZBa6UzQ
    There we go, the cocking lever locks.
    For Comparison, here's the G36 training video (disassembly starting at about 5:20)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65TyTZlpPlk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Stonewolf wrote: »
    I'd like to have seen a full takedown as yer man only did a partial. In the Real Steel there's a part (I can't remember what it is because it's been a while but I suspect it does pretty much the same thing as that return spring part) that comes out the back like he showed and is removed before the bolt carrier. There's actually a H&K takedown vid on youtube somewhere if you want to really go and see what's inside one but until we see someone do a takedown on the WE model there's not much point in looking it up (except curiosity I guess).

He did do a full takedown in the latest vid, the WE G36 is as close as you can get to the real thing. Everything except from taking out the mock gas piston from the gas block which there is no point in doing in a GBBR, but you can actually do on the TM EBB as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

He did do a full takedown in the latest vid, the WE G36 is as close as you can get to the real thing. Everything except from taking out the mock gas piston from the gas block which there is no point in doing in a GBBR, but you can actually do on the TM EBB as far as I know.

You'll note I updated my post at the end after seeing the latest video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Why are people getting so supremely hung up on ridiculous nuances? How many times are you honestly going to break down a gun? Does it even matter how it does so as long as it does so in a manner that allows access to the parts for maintenance?

I'm all for things being realistic in feel and operation but, there's a line after which I stop caring. When the biggest gripe you can come up with is that the bolt catch doesn't lock to one side, you've got a pretty serious bit of kit in your hands. I've had seven G36's so far, three of them I still have. I have never once found a situation where I thought "if only that small lever locked in position to the side...".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

NakedDex wrote: »
    Why are people getting so supremely hung up on ridiculous nuances? How many times are you honestly going to break down a gun? Does it even matter how it does so as long as it does so in a manner that allows access to the parts for maintenance?

I'm all for things being realistic in feel and operation but, there's a line after which I stop caring. When the biggest gripe you can come up with is that the bolt catch doesn't lock to one side, you've got a pretty serious bit of kit in your hands. I've had seven G36's so far, three of them I still have. I have never once found a situation where I thought "if only that small lever locked in position to the side...".

As with everything in airsoft, its a nice to have feature. There have been G36s out for years from many companies so if a new one comes along what's going to set it apart from the rest? Yes the little things. And as a GBBR, you are going to take down the gun alot more than you will ever with an AEG.

Like the way the only M9s I have are the KSC ones because the safety/de-cocker actually works on them.

Same way as if someone made a FAMAS with the correct safety and fire selector options and controls with a metal receiver tomorrow, I'd be all over it.

Same with the few manufactures who my AK receivers the correct dimensions etc.

If noone cared about all the little features, we may aswell run around with the paintball markers dressed up to kind of resemble something semi realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Line one, paragraph two;
    NakedDex wrote: »
    I'm all for things being realistic in feel and operation but, there's a line after which I stop caring.
    I never said anything about not wanting thing the imitation to be realistic, but there are points at which engineering overtakes aesthetics, and where development and manufacture costs threaten to add too much to the final retail cost. It's not a case of caring about the little features, it's a case of not being hung up on aesthetics too much.
    The lever is there. Until Ares added the lock feature on theirs, very few people even knew the real one did that. I'll admit, when I watched the take-down video and saw that the push-pins were accepted into their proper place in the stock, I was impressed. I knew this was a real feature and it was clever to incorporate it. If they didn't, I wouldn't have cared in the least. Hell, I'm surprised they didn't use screws as used on AEG models.

This isn't about it turning into paintball markers, that's just a silly comparison. I'm just saying that practicality trumps aesthetics, and if something has a misspelled trademark but works fantastically, who cares?

Take the M9 you mentioned. Personally, the decocking mechanism wouldn't bother me in the least, but it's an issue for you. Fair enough, that's personal choice. But that's a functional item to have.

A FA-MAS with a metal body and a more friendly fire selector, that's also primarily a functional desire. I, personally, can't stand the look of it, but I'd stand beside you and shout for a metal body one to be built immediately. The plastic ones are just not practical, hence their rarity on the field.

AK's with realistic dimension bodies is even more practical than either of the
    above. Chances are it'd take a measuring tape and callipers to figure out which ones are, and which ones aren't, realistic, since it's usually barely noticeable (I said "usually", before the AK society break out the flaming torches and pitchforks). That said, the realistic ones allow you to bolt on RS parts wherever you want, some of which are cheaper than their airsoft equivalents. That's practical.

Anyway, this is going a bit off topic, and is probably a conversation for an entirely different thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Gatling wrote: »
    Put me down for the TM Scar ebb and the px4

the Scar is quite nice and has what looks like an aluminium [sp] upper,its hevey enough aswell,about 3.5-4kg with battery and full mag
    19.jpg
    also nice the way the wires are into the stock for the battery
    14.jpg

i will defo be geting the px4
    working decocking
    08.jpg
    no need to remove the slide to adjust hop
    43.jpg
    nice trades/markings aswell
    29.jpg
    64.jpg

have to wate for the HK45
    28.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Both those sides......delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Anyone notice the AK mags on the table in the second WE G36 vid? 1.17 if you're looking. Also, I read the comments and WE confirmed (barely)

I've not bothered with a GBBR yet, due to the cost, and being happy with the level of realism and modification available with AEGS. I'm happy working on my M4, so don't need another one etc. So when I saw this all I could think of was "Maybe it's time"

Now, if they were to make a GBBR Sig 552 I'd be all over that...and I mean ALL over that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

The we ak has been on the cards for a little bit, I know they released a picture a few months back,

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

@NakedDex

For someone who doesn't care, you care a lot about not caring :P

If you don't care about the little things then that's fine, however some people like to have them. I mean, your'e paying a good bit of bob for it so why not want as much out of it as possible?, especially if it's a GBBR which is precisely the point.

No one is hung up or really upset over anything, we're just talking about an interesting new WE rifle thats coming out, in a pleasant way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Puding wrote: »
    The we ak has been on the cards for a little bit, I know they released a picture a few months back,

Unlike the GHK it will stop firing on empty, a game breaker for me with the GHK that it didn't feature that, and I had the AK to put it in and all.

I hope WE manage it in such a way as to make it VFC compatible, and a drop in kit, as that would be fantastic for anyone with an AK they are proud of or like you, with many variants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Aldi currently have Binatones for sale. :)

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/sp...uys3_14770.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

At the very least, they look better than the lidl offerings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Try getting a Bowman headset for a Binatone, go on I dare you!
    It's impossible, you need like 3 adaptors!
    Good radios though...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Try getting a Bowman headset for a Binatone, go on I dare you!
    It's impossible, you need like 3 adaptors!
    Good radios though...

Splice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Had a feel of the prototype KWA GBB KRISS VECTOR yesterday - going to be absolutely sex

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

TNTQ wrote: »
    Had a feel of the prototype KWA GBB KRISS VECTOR yesterday - going to be absolutely sex

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!

Please !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

whydave wrote: »
    PICS!!!!!!!!!!!

Please !

I concur, pix or GTFO!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

spoted this on arnies

White G&G combat machine M4
    http://www.guay2.com/web/our_product/chione16.php?lang=en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

whydave wrote: »
    PICS!!!!!!!!!!!

Please !
    I concur, pix or GTFO!!! :)

Sorry guys, I tried to take out the camera and i was shot down :( So I may GTFO :D

I also asked them to get the fkin finger out and make a VSS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Sorry guys, I tried to take out the camera and i was shot down :( So I may GTFO :D

Any word of a release date for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Any opinion on how it felt? Solid? Did you manage a test fire?
    How's the stock feel? Any wobble?

Want and a half!
    Please god let this be out before christmas. :D

Advertisement