Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Any word of a release date for it?
    hightower1 wrote: »
    Any opinion on how it felt? Solid? Did you manage a test fire?
    How's the stock feel? Any wobble?

Want and a half!
    Please god let this be out before christmas. :D
    • No release date :(
    • It felt solid and nice, i like the small guns myself
    • Didn't get to fire it as it was just the prototype
    That's all i know...promise

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

TNTQ wrote: »
    • No release date :(
    • It felt solid and nice, i like the small guns myself
    • Didn't get to fire it as it was just the prototype
    That's all i know...promise

Any estimate on price?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Markom5a wrote: »
    Any estimate on price?

1Ik1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Markom5a wrote: »
    Any estimate on price?

Not a clue mate, i'm not being evasive, i just don't know :o

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

TNTQ wrote: »
    Not a clue mate, i'm not being evasive, i just don't know :o

No bother, was thinking about making the jump to gbb and this would definatley get me jumping!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

One of the problems with the Airsoft Radio Ads thread being closed is that I now can't go back and make a correction there.

I posted about airsoft being under threat in Portugal, and mentioned that I may have misunderstood the new painting requirements in a bill before Parliament. So I went back and re-read the email.

The current situation is that airsoft devices have to be painted for the front 10cm and the whole stock (as was mentioned by Puding). The fear is that if the bill passes without amendment the whole gun will have to be painted.

Sorry for the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I wonder how that rule would effect bullpup rifles. If the stock has to be completely painted, where does one decide where the stock on a bullpup ends and the receiver begins? The entire design concept is supposed to negate having either as seperate entities.
    Does that mean, for example, that an AUG's entire body must be painted, along with all but a couple of inches of the barrel? Or the F2000 and P90, where the body/receiver/stock is a single piece right the way from the buttpad to an inch or two behind the muzzle.
    It'll be interesting to see how they handle that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

OzCam wrote: »
    One of the problems with the Airsoft Radio Ads thread being closed is that I now can't go back and make a correction there.

I posted about airsoft being under threat in Portugal, and mentioned that I may have misunderstood the new painting requirements in a bill before Parliament. So I went back and re-read the email.

The current situation is that airsoft devices have to be painted for the front 10cm and the whole stock (as was mentioned by Puding). The fear is that if the bill passes without amendment the whole gun will have to be painted.

Sorry for the delay.

from arnies
    STUNTMAN wrote:
    First of all, if this is in the wrong forum, please any Admin ou Mod, change it. Thanks in advance.

There is a new project for airsoft. It calls European Airsoft Associations and it borns because several countries got laws that make Airsoft almost impossible to play. One example it's Portugal where all guns must be painted in Yellow or Red Fluorescent paint.

Other example, Netherlands it's forbidean.

So, to join all countries where airsoft it's present, we created:

http://www.europeanairsoftassociation.eu

Say something. Discusse your county laws, and rules. Lets make togheter Airsoft be a legal sport in Europe.

STUNTMAN

PS: Some EAA members were received in European Comission in Brussels. Read the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I had a look at this after retiring from the IAA. At the time it seemed like a great idea until I discovered just how factional the other european nations are.

It might seem laughable but Ireland is one of the best organised and unified nations in terms of airsoft political activity. Whereas places like France, Spain, Portugal and the Netherlands have multiple organisations, all claiming to be representatives for everyone - often with very different ideologies. Nearly everyone of these countries has had airsoft much longer than we have.

Having options can be a good thing - if one group doesnt say the things you want than you can join another group. The problem is that the sport itself isnt parliament, its just trying to survive and factionalisation (if thats a word) dilutes the lobbying power of the entire population.

I would love to see a European Airsoft Association being formed but I dont see it as realistic until the factions knock the bickreing on the head and speak with a single voice. Quite aside from the issues of "mistake" legislation being accepted to appease begrudgers (like painting the kit which we all know is a bull**** smoke screen, more detrimental than anything else) there is also the question of who you let run such a thing. Do you let commercial operators serve as representatives? Excluding them is a preventative measure against unethical business practice in the community, on the other and some of the best political brains get involved with commerce very quickly (Tony "Shiva" Geraghty and Derek Talbot being two examples of this phenomenon - though they have different approaches in the same way that Mahatma Ghandhi and Genghis Kahn had different approaches).

Beyond that there is a question of popular support. How does the EAA get its members? Is it just for mainland Europeans or is it for everyone like the Eurovision? Do they cherry pick members from those already serving on national bodies and how does this effect the focus on local affairs? If they dont, then just how can they claim to represent the interests of all nations?

My final concern is the difference between legislation depending on the nation you are looking at. The French and Spanish have wildly different laws to Ireland (one of the most restricted regiemes in the world with regard to firearms). So do Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Portugal, Lithuania, Poland and any other country you care to name - because these laws are usually developed in isolation or are additional laws on top of the EU directives. In a lot of cases the energy output is critically different - by as much as 6 joules - from Ireland. In order to have a unified policy to push for any such European Airsoft campaign either they would have to downgrade to meet the lowest restriction level (probably 1 joule but it could result in under 18's being restricted to <0.5 joule ) or have each nation try to have its limit raised to that of the highest (circa 6-7 joules) which is like trying to kick water up a hill.

Incidentally, as a bit of national pride, the Portuguese (as well as the Maltese and a few others) contacted the IAA while I was serving explaining that they wanted our advice on various things - even looking to be recognised by us in order to grant them some sort of standing in their locality. We did what we could but I dont remember what became of it save that the IAA constitution, code of conduct etc were used as the basis for creating their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Incidentally, as a bit of national pride, the Portuguese (as well as the Maltese and a few others) contacted the IAA while I was serving explaining that they wanted our advice on various things - even looking to be recognised by us in order to grant them some sort of standing in their locality. We did what we could but I dont remember what became of it save that the IAA constitution, code of conduct etc were used as the basis for creating their own.

We the IAA have recently been contacted from as far as Chile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Gatling wrote: »
    We the IAA have recently been contacted from as far as Chile

What have the IAA done for me! They helped rescue 33 miners!

Seriously though. I was involved with the EAA from the start and participated in some of the formation meetings, I think its a good idea, its objectives and principals mirror the IAA very closely. It also has a willing Representative in the European parliament and has been able to have questions tabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Straying OT into a discussion about airsoft organisations here I think but I'd be in favour of a European representative body. I think there's a lot to be gained from working together at a European level and having a forum for various groups around the Union to share experiences and advice.

As with many other things we are a long way from any kind of Europe-wide consensus on airsoft regulations but I'd like to see some kind of mechanism whereby moving between countries where airsoft is legal were a fairly transparent and painless process (For instance moving from Ireland to the UK and being able to qualify as a regular skirmisher).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

We g36c gbbr on pre order on airsofglobal now available from november 1st
    http://www.airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?cPath=510_662&products_id=12960

****........:o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

fayer wrote: »
    What have the IAA done for me! They helped rescue 33 miners!

Seriously though. I was involved with the EAA from the start and participated in some of the formation meetings, I think its a good idea, its objectives and principals mirror the IAA very closely. It also has a willing Representative in the European parliament and has been able to have questions tabled.

Sweet.

Could you forward some more info on to me about that? I'd love to see what the organisational structure of it is :)

Stonewolf wrote: »
    (For instance moving from Ireland to the UK and being able to qualify as a regular skirmisher).

Note:

IANAL but under the UK's VCRA any documentary evidence of being an airsofter entitles you to the skirmisher defence when travelling or playing. The VCRA itself is quite clear on this point.

You do not have to have a UKARA card. A logbook, IAA card, tickets to previous events or documentation linking you to re-enactment groups are all evidence and have been accepted in the past.

Actually buying a device from a UK retailer is another matter of course. That's why UKARA is such a cartel that it strangles the sport. But visiting to play is fine.

HM's Customs and Constabulary want to see some kind of paperwork, but the requirements are easily met in practice.

One thing the EAA might usefully look at in the long term, IMO, is an EU airsoft passport, similar to the travel document for real steel guns (whose name escapes me at the minute). You'd still be required to abide by the laws of where you're going, but travel might be slightly easier. Maybe not by much, but it might be worth debating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

According to frontiers on Arnies Airsoft the Chinese government just caught a load of airsoft replicas before they were shipped
    http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.sina.com.cn%2Fc%2Fp%2F2010-10-21%2F083621321321.shtml&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

More chinese airsoft sizeures

There are 110 thousands of airsoft guns carried by two containers. China custom patrol intercepted those airsoft guns in Swatow city, Guangdong Province and arrested three suspects during China National Holidays. Total 113,000pcs of airsoft guns were seized, which is largest gun-involved crime in the last decade.
    Based on official news from China custom patrol, they caught those simulated guns when they were under transportation to port after loaded at a local market in Swatow. Those thousands of airsoft guns not only contain various real gun models but simulate every detail, no matter on size, weight or structure from real guns. Although simulated gun is differ from real one, it still shows certain level of damage power and can be used as tool by criminals due to its high similarity with real gun. According to China “Firearms Control Act”, simulated guns are forbidden to manufacture and sale. Presently, those airsoft guns are transferred and investigated by Swatow Police department.

If the numbers are correct 110,000 aegs thats a massive loss for a foreign market if they were destin to be shipped to europe or the states

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

In short, anyone who was expecting a DBoys M4 for Christmas can push that due date back a few years.
    And then people complain that Irish stores don't have stock...

Courtesy of Strike-Hold, Platoon Stores review the UK-spec Masasda. I'm assuming "UK Spec" refers to the power level, but maybe it's the trades. They don't say. It's more of an ad than a review.
    And those of you who like to see your gun being handled by a petite English blonde get a bonus treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

From Quality airsoft supplies
    The UK/IRELAND Spec Masada is RoHs Compliant with an Upgraded Wiring Loom & 1 Joule Spring, Firing at 320-328fps. They also come c/w 12 MONTHS warranty, a unique Serial No. and a Stamped Warranty Card (unlike the USA or Asia Spec Models)!!

SRC seem to be following WE's lead in g36 gbbrs. their prototype is of the k version. this pic of a big ass hammer caught my eye on arnies
    27.jpg?psid=1
    15.jpg?psid=1

This was news to me from ra tech too, handy for the cold winter ahead, a co2 mag for ksc glocks. pity it would prob raise the power to over our limit:(

http://en.ratech.com.tw/product/rag/rag-ksc/rag_ksc.php#RAGKSC008
    rag_ksc009_d2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

about time the glocks got a co2 mag you can forgive the looks for the practicality it gives, would be nice in one of the smg kits you can get know, been looking into picking up a tm g17, this could change my choice

I have one of each chris and u just can't beat the tm in terms of accuracy and consistency but i think i'll def be getting one of these mags as well after i see one or 2 independent reviews.

WE actualy followed SRC lead when it comes to the G36GBBR -the latter has been in development for well over a year now and apparrenly wont require an npas bolt to lower the fps if rumors from taiwain are true ,

(SRC)
    that alone is a win for players and collectors say 250e for the rifle and another 50e average on mags if an naps bolt isnt required then you save 200e that id rather spend on mags

(WE)
    versus 250e for the WE gbbr 50e for the mags and another 200e for an npas bolt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

I doubt it'll cost 450 quid for an RA-Tech "G39c", probably more like 350.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

reckon the ksc g18c would need a few upgrades before using the co2 mag?
    I wouldn't mind getting another one but with proper trades..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind getting another one but with proper trades..

Shooter's Design and RA Tech do the slides with the proper trades for the KSCs now. They cost as much as gun itself though. I'd rather no trades to the silly looking "G" that KSC paint on now.

KSC must have cut back on the licence costs, they cut Glock but kept H&K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I see WGC have the WE G36 (G39C) in stock at $199. Very much want but as always there is niggly issues with the early WE GBBr batches that need fixing in revision models. Hopefully this has very little out of the box. I'd order one now if I knew what the fps is.

Advertisement