Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Yeah I have 10 ProWin magazines myself so I know what the price tag is like with them ;). But they're so worth it.

Have you got VN or Stanag mags? And if the stanags, any of the revised edition?

PCG must clearly be in bed with Inokatsu; they must be following the logic of whomever can afford a bunch of VN mags with shipping can afford Inokatsu's upcoming m16VN/A1/XM177 GBBR series.

Between the G&P Stoner 63A, and Inokatsu's m1911 and m16, both I and my bank account are going to hell. The year 2011 shall hence forth not be refered to as a year of austerity, but a year of skint but awesome airsoft :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

kdouglas wrote: »
    Saw this stuff at War and Peace the year before last, it looks alright, but at the time it seemed to be aimed primarily at hunting and recreational use, although I think they were making plans to try and get it into military use.

Hyde Definition, 20 November 2010
    PenCott™ multi-terrain camouflage pattern submitted for consideration as the US Army’s next-generation camouflage

Showcasing its multi-environment versatility, three colorways of PenCott™ were submitted for clothing and a fourth colorway was specifically developed for individual and tactical equipment. A new style of combat uniform was also proposed.

Details here

He'll probably have to licence the design to a US company (or set one up) because of the Berry Amendment, but Dom Hyde stands to make a pot of money if even one branch likes his gear.

FYI: There will also be a new production run of Green and one other colourway in the new year for sale online. You can register an interest on their site and they'll email you when it's done. I'll get some if I ever finish the Australian Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Smeg. The last thing I needed was another grenade launcher, let alone another MGL. This one looks to be a much closer replica of the Milkor MGL-140 than the CAW model I already have. This is going on the "want" list.

Edit:
    Actually, having looked at that again, it looks like it could be a replica of the Mk-1L rather than the Mk-1S. That is really tempting if it is the L version. I wonder when these are going to become available?

Re-edit:
    Having looked at that video fully, it's definitely the Mk-1S. Good enough for me to still want it, but my hopes were raised there for the perfect machine. So close...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Do those smoke grenades use an incendiary charge, or are they legal for use in Ireland? Just thinking that there would be some great games you could design around them.

• Advertisement

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

I feel stupid.

In my head, I figured it was something like a powder with a CO2 powerlet - so the gas hisses out, and expands the powder. In my head I was imagining games where you had to get to one point, pick up smokers, head to another point to set off the smoke within a time limit, whilst the other team, who are angry insurgants...cause insurgants are always angry, try to stop you from achieiving your goal.

I will continue to hope for the advent of non-incendiary airsoft grenade variety. Cheers for clarification Dex

Unless someone manages to invent a system that completely ignores the laws of physics, the closest thing you'll get is a Madbull PB4 grenade filled with talcum powder. You'll get a burst of smoke from it but it'll be the equivalent of farting in a bag of flour.

A smoke grenade will always consist of the same basic four elements; case, vent, solid fuel, igniter. How each of those are arranged, or what's added in after - like pull pins, strikers, smoke density from varying fuels etc - is up to the company producing them.

Honestly, if you want effective smoke grenades, even those ones aren't worth much. You need very dense smoke with a high output over at least 30 seconds. Anything else is only much use as a signal device.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭zombiehunter

Don't know if this is old news or not but thought I'd share it anyway.
    New King Arms SIG 556 DMR coming out. Looks savage.
    sig_556_dmr_1.jpg

http://www.kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=1923

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

sig_556_dmr_1.jpg

That does indeed look nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

jeawan wrote: »
    That does indeed look nice

I think I've just found my Christmas present.

I might even use it sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Shiva wrote: »
    I think I've just found my Christmas present.

I might even use it sometime.
    Was gonna ask you to order one in for me, but then realised I want to be Sam Fisher...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Hi Lads,

Just thought I'd pop you in a note about the Sig 559, although it's not out yet a lad that plays in Tigerland has the sig 556 which is the short barrel assault rifle and it's a great, feels like a good solid construction but IMO it's a bit heavy in comparison to an M4 so the 599 might be even more so, this wouldn't put me of getting one though.

sig_556_dmr_1.jpg

Want...

My other great weakness in this game, apart from launchers, is DMR's, and that is absolutely beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭zombiehunter

NakedDex wrote: »
    Want...

My other great weakness in this game, apart from launchers, is DMR's, and that is absolutely beautiful.

I'm already counting up the pennies for this beauty!!! Definitely going to get one in the new year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

kit_0465_2_xeyVzm2z6cRS9dwWbumZ.jpg
    kit_0465_22_fC1pVjWUN9zg1yIDwH4b.jpg
    kit_0465_5_QhSrJDtngUYW3hCgX5uX.jpg
    kit_0465_9_Vjn3qmuNojxvilQ7wZgl.jpg
    n1589297905_30074473_7549_2LV7i30RLTuAktsG8EmO.jpg

PRE-ORDER ******* 'Hornbill Products' aluminium R85 RIS handguard for Army / G&G R85 AEG

Code: kit_0465
    Price: US$89.99
    P&P +US$11.00
    Stock Condition: In Stock
    Weight: 0.4kg
    Description:

PRE-ORDER ONLY !

The first batch of factory limited run has been just gone the second batch will be available by the end of December, 2010 from ' Hornbill Products '.

Most of the goods in the second batch will be reserved to our dealers so we can only reserve limited quantity for retail sales.

We are now accepting PRE-ORDER from retail customers so if you are patient enough you may pay to reserve in order to make sure you can get yours in the second batch shipment from ' Hornbill Products '.

Again your R85 RIS will be shipped by the end of December 2010 so please pay only if you can wait ...

http://new.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=13309&cateId=191

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Does not list the Ares/Star brand? I think that are all the same up front. It's the metal receiver where all the differences are between brands AFAIK.

Does not list the Ares/Star brand? I think that are all the same up front. It's the metal receiver where all the differences are between brands AFAIK.

unfortunately would not fit the ares/ics, there is a difference between the handguards between the makes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Airsofter101

Has anybody heard any news on the new Magpul MS3 sling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Anyone know any good MP5 front rail systems for the G&G plastica model. Wat to swap the front around for attachments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Anyone know any good MP5 front rail systems for the G&G plastica model. Wat to swap the front around for attachments.

They have some on the G&G site.
    http://www.guay2.com/web/part/ras/ras.php?lang=en

Careful though as some only fit TM MP5s. The G-03-087 is the one you should be after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

Not entirely sure if this is Army's long talked about Tm sopmod clone, but it's listed as ebb on gunner http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2197
    aeg-army-r43-01a.jpg
    ARMY M4 EBB
    Electric blow back
    full metal
    one piece barrel
    come with battery and charge
    come with one hicap magazine
    about 360 fps / 1.2J
    it takes TM new gen hi cap or low cap magazines

Just saw a GBB MKIIS Sten on ehobby, do want!

im afriad it is not a gbb, it uses caps and is more a model and is of no use in a skirmish

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Just saw a GBB MKIIS Sten on ehobby, do want!

Damn you Lefty. Got my hopes up there for a second. Hang your head in shame youngling!

As puding has mentioned, it uses caps; much like Hudson's m3a1 grease-gun from a few years back.

Puding wrote: »
    im afriad it is not a gbb, it uses caps and is more a model and is of no use in a skirmish
    What I get for not reading the whole thing :rolleyes:
    Would love one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

^^^^^
    Wow.........

• Advertisement

Goddammit - I was looking at picking up an AEG P90 in the near future...now this is coming along to throw a spanner in the works.

I still think WE should make a Sig 552 & MP5A5

Advertisement