Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

NakedDex wrote: »
    Ares M200:
    Pro's - Great replica, choice of gas or spring bolts, both included.
    Con's - Silly price, hi-cap magazine.

SocomGear M200:
    Pro's - Potential to be a near perfect replica, shell ejecting bolt, steel construction.
    Con's - Ridiculous price, seven round magazine, shell ejecting.

Now, here's where someone sane steps in and makes an M200 with a spring bolt from high quality aluminium/magnesium alloy - industry standard for high end AEG's - a mid-cap magazine and a price mark around €450-550.
    First company to do that, makes a killing. Fact. Want proof? How many Snow Wolf M99's were sold compared to the SocomGear M82 which had a couple of months head-start? People are still talking about wanting the Snow Wolf M82, simply because it looks the same and it's less than a quarter of the price.

Honestly, like everyone here, I'd love one, but SocomGear is trying to sell a Ferrari to a market that can barely afford a Fiat. It's no wonder they're only making "less than 50 pcs", all of which have to be pre-ordered.

Me thinks your on to something there Dex. I'd probably go without eating for a couple of weeks for a half decent M200 @ around the 500 mark but for now I can just dream of the SocomGear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Does anyone know if theres an AA-12 on the market or any plans by a manufacturer to make one? I would like to see a working design for an electrical multi-shot that would use a tri-barrel design like TM did in their shotguns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

CpcRc wrote: »
    Does anyone know if theres an AA-12 on the market or any plans by a manufacturer to make one? I would like to see a working design for an electrical multi-shot that would use a tri-barrel design like TM did in their shotguns.

not avaliable and seen no rumors of an airsoft version

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

bullets wrote: »

Not so sure how gone I am on the idea of that. I think it's FPS for the sake of claiming FPS by sacrificing one of the big benefits of side-arms - namely their compact size (next to long arms or carbines). Pistols typically get used in fairly close proximity where the ability to do a matrix number on incoming BBs is rather difficult. So the need for decreased flight time is a bit moot. As is any increase in distance; imo if you're trying to use a pistol for anything 30ft +, you're using the wrong tool for the job and/or you're in the p00 since your primary is either down or out of ammo and beggars can't be choosers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'd be less concerned with the velocity element, and more interested in the range and accuracy gained from that hop up and longer-than-normal tightbore. I rather love pistols, but the M9 isn't something I hold too dearly. If I thought there were significant enough returns in actual performance, I'd seriously consider getting an M9 and this kit.

It would want to be very significant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

I'd be less concerned with the velocity element, and more interested in the range and accuracy gained from that hop up and longer-than-normal tightbore. I rather love pistols, but the M9 isn't something I hold too dearly. If I thought there were significant enough returns in actual performance, I'd seriously consider getting an M9 and this kit.

Airsoft gi did a review of this awhile back. this is for the we m1911. Big increase in fps as you'd expect, he also does an "accuracy" test before and after upgrading.

(that guy pisses me of lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

We combined a Co2 KJW M9 with the long WE M9 slide/Barrel. Result was that the velocity went up to staggeringly illegal figures but the accuracy was not in anyway noticeably improved (even with .30g bbs).

The only pistols I've seen with significant range are TM and they are well below 300fps. FPS isn't everything as most of us know.

The most accurate pistol we have at the minute is a TM1911 fitted with the Tanio Koba Twist Barrel and it only fires at approx 250fps but every bb is dead straight. Love it.

Yeah, I know. Pistols, especially, are far more difficult to get good range and accuracy from. I have a wonderful KSC USP Compact which has phenomenal range and accuracy for a compact green gas pistol.

I'm not convinced by the TK barrels, to be honest. I've heard proclaimers and detractors aplenty but, having had several long looks into how they're supposed to be the canines testicles, the physics just doesn't sit well with me. Aerodynamics is something I kind of have to be intimately familiar with in my job, and what they're saying just doesn't seem to go along with what I know to be true.

Regardless, the project pistol for the new year remains undecided so. I might just get a TM Hi-Capa and build a race gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

I'm not convinced by the TK barrels, to be honest.

Yep, any of the times we've tried the TK twist barrels in an AEG they've been more dogsh*t than mutt's nuts.
    I might just get a TM Hi-Capa and build a race gun.

Prepare to be broke ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

i said it months ago that G&G would be crazzy not to make a p90 useing the internals from the F2000 and now this :eek: heres hopeing :D
    looks prommising

new-arrival_08.jpg
    new-arrival_09.jpg
    new-arrival_10.jpg
    new-arrival_11.jpg

oh and a WA2000 aswell :cool:

new-arrival_12.jpg

from the same page

new-arrival_01.jpg
    new-arrival_02.jpg
    new-arrival_03.jpg
    new-arrival_04.jpg
    new-arrival_05.jpg
    new-arrival_06.jpg
    new-arrival_07.jpg

heres the page
    http://www.guay2.com/web/news/2011shotshow.htm

im very interested in the PS90

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

WA2000
    G&G, now my favourite manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

So that's where Cybergun's FN P90 will come from, good to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Stealthirl wrote: »
    oh and a WA2000 aswell :cool:

Funny stuff, now there will be more Airsoft WA2000s than real WA2000s. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Looks like G&G got an FNH licence. They are actually using the real names for once, shame they didn't for the F2000 and FNC.

New scar-L from Tokyo marui with recoil shock, available early in the new year.
    http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/01/scar_l/index.html
    g_main.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

DROOL.. TM SCAR.. nice :)

Did anyone post about the WE P90 gas blowback here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6yjqUevf88

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

CpcRc wrote: »
    Did anyone post about the WE P90 gas blowback here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6yjqUevf88

Yes, twice.

promising news of a possible chinasoft m240 on the way. No news of what exact maufacturer is developing this.
    http://peopleairsoft.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=306:airsoft-version-of-the-m240-bravo-leaked&catid=45:rumors&Itemid=71
    240.1.jpg

• Advertisement

echo 1 have been advertising its release for some time ( i would assume it is the same one considering echo is a rebrander )

would be rather interested in this one for my ranger impression

Puding wrote: »
    echo 1 have been advertising its release for some time ( i would assume it is the same one considering echo is a rebrander )

would be rather interested in this one for my ranger impression

jes yea forgot about that puding, that was announced ages ago, the big crackdown over there prob affected development.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

This probably isn't exactly new news but this new (ish) airsoft surgeon pistol is pretty interesting!

AS-GBB-025-1L.jpg
    Airsoft Surgeon Triple Tap Race Gun (Daniel Wu's Version)
    Edit: And very bloody expensive!
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_Airsoftsurgeon_Airsoft_Surgeon_Triple_Tap_Daniel_Wu.htm

WE AKS74U and g36k ris in back ground

Airsoft Surgeon Triple Tap Race Gun (Daniel Wu's Version)
    Edit: And very bloody expensive!
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_Airsoftsurgeon_Airsoft_Surgeon_Triple_Tap_Daniel_Wu.htm

I'd LOVE a race gun. SE airsoft are selling valves and bits
    for TM hi-cappas I must look into maybe trying to build something sometime in the new year if I manage to get a bit of cash together. (Or get someone to do it for me)

I must take a look to see if I can get that film
    so I can take a look at the Pistol shooting scenes.:D

I've a Western Arms Infinity 6.0 HighBrid DX.
    I'd of loved to have upgraded it but never got round to it,
    and also its pretty damn tough to get a Metal Slide and Barrell since its 6" and has a ribbed barrel that sits into a cut in the slide. (I should have just got the standard 5" model with normal barrel but at the time I liked the fancier look) AWESOME gun though.

~B

Puding wrote: »
    WE AKS74U and g36k ris in back ground

That blow back looks Sooo good I have to get one
    would prefer a fixed stock with real wood version.

~B

I know this has been mentioned here before but hornbill R85 RIS hanguard for army/g&g aegs is available now from rsov
    http://new.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=12&prodId=13309&cateId=191
    1_10_81ddVcNlSyrQkJtblfON.jpg

Stonewolf wrote: »
    Yes, twice.

Thanks, I saw that the G&G was mentioned. Just thought I'd mention it incase it was missed. I'd be more interested in the G&G anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

bullets wrote: »
    I'd LOVE a race gun.

Ehmm.. I'm gonna sound like a complete eejit now but what actually IS a race gun?? I can tell what they seem to look like but what are they? :)

• Advertisement

They're pistols specifically geared toward IPSC shooting, also known as practical pistol. Race gun is kind of a colloquial name.

I'm giving serious consideration to building a one. It's been on my list for a while, I think it's time.

Advertisement