Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Ehmm.. I'm gonna sound like a complete eejit now but what actually IS a race gun?? I can tell what they seem to look like but what are they? :)

Basically a gun modified for accuracy, speed, and reliability. In airsoft terms prices are just simply Nuts! There are different flavours some use guns with only iron sites, others use those dinky
    red-dots. Some pistols have Knobs attached to the slides for cocking, high flow valves in the mags, hi-cappas, some surprisingly still use ABS slides and not full metal ones, and there are all sorts
    of boring rules about the angle of your holster on your belt etc.

Have a look at this page its got info on it
    for peeps into the Airsoft version of Practical Pistol.
    http://www.aaps-federation.org/

Pics of some guns:
    http://www.aaps-federation.org/aaps2/media_gallery/handguns/index.htm

PP usually is timed and like an shooting and moving along an obstical course.
    In real steel shooting in Ireland our Minister for Justice did not seem to think
    it was considered a sport and did not want a gun culture so banned more or less any
    future in the real-steel sport in Ireland but thats a topic for the shooting board and not airsoft.

Back in 2007??? maybe there was some banter about doing it (airsoft wise), with HRTA/MIA and later LAC having an event.

@Dex what kind of money are you thinking of investing on your project racegun ?
    would like to know the level of abuse my Credit card is in for should I want
    to try and obtain something similar.

apologies for veering off airsoft news topic.
    ~B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Not sure really. I've priced it up a few times based on various different platforms but never made a final decision on what I was starting with. I'm still not sure whether I'm starting with a 1911, Glock or Hi-Capa.
    From what I worked out, I'm expecting to pay about €400 by the time I'm finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

NakedDex wrote: »
    From what I worked out, I'm expecting to pay about €400 by the time I'm finished.

Not too bad...was expecting far far worse.

~B

Well, that's the conservative one. I once just picked all the parts I wanted based on an image and performance level in my head. Ended up about around €1000, so it's all up to your personal choice and how far you want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Like the idea of timed obstical coarse shooting but I have to say they are some fugly looking sidearms! Very "V.I.P" ISH.....ewwwwwww
    (remember how every gun on that show was as tarted up as pammy was)

MOA8z2acSDHxl1E.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

yes but wouldnt pammy look well clamped in your hands:D:D. but in fairness how many people on sites these days are RIS junkies??:)

She's holding a chrome Desert Eagle? That's hardly tarted up? I've never seen the show, so I'm not sure what else they used.

Race guns are generally more about function over form. How the pistol looks is usually an afterthought. Most of the decent lightweight or compensated slide kits are chrome, so they tend to look flashy. It's hard to find anything black coloured sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

it's definitely on the way lol
    74637_480225813949_17117533949_5685211_1530525_n.jpg
    163254_480225578949_17117533949_5685207_1291808_n.jpg
    Now who will be able afford it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Horse84 wrote: »
    it's definitely on the way
    Now who will be able afford it:rolleyes:

The Anniversery is next november plenty of time to save or get elected as a T.D in the next election :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

They sure have gone to a lot of effort on the bit that goes in the bin once you've got to play with your toy. It's a nice box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

new replica from element, hoping they may release some other trijicon replicas

will have to pick one up my idf impression

EX219banner.jpg

Oh excellent. I wondered when someone would release one of these. Now for the rest of the range? Please?

have to agree would be nice to see some more of the range, bit tired of the constant eotech and acogs at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Stonewolf wrote: »
    They sure have gone to a lot of effort on the bit that goes in the bin once you've got to play with your toy. It's a nice box

Considering what Inokatsu package their m60/Gympie series in - and I suspect they'll be doing the same with their Vietnam era AR15 family series - that box doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

If you've not seen what their m60 and Gympie packaging runs along the lines of, feast thine eyes on this:
    M60%20Box.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

The TM version extanded Glock mags are out:
    AABB%20Marui%20style%2049%20rds%20Glock%2017%2018C%20mag%20a.jpg
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/aabb-marui-style-glock-p-3868.html

And they have another interesting looking Glock conversion kit out.
    Wii%20Airsoft%20Tactical%20RONI%20Glock%20Carbine%20Kit%20a.jpg
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/airsoft-tactical-roni-glock-carbine-p-3870.html

And they finally released the WA 416 conversion kit:

<Picture removed as it was huge and distorting the page>

http://www.ebairsoft.com/iron-airsoft-style-upper-lower-receiver-p-3846.html

Wii product?

Y'know, with all of these conversion kits for Glocks coming out, I'm awfully tempted to sell a rifle or two off and pick up a half dozen KSC Glock 17's and a few of these kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's the picking up of a few KSC Glocks that is the hard part. I wish I got a few more of them while they were still making them.

True enough, I keep forgetting they're no longer easily available. I guess it'll have to be a half dozen TM Glocks then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Lemming wrote: »
    Considering what Inokatsu package their m60/Gympie series in - and I suspect they'll be doing the same with their Vietnam era AR15 family series - that box doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

If you've not seen what their m60 and Gympie packaging runs along the lines of, feast thine eyes on this:
    M60%20Box.jpg

Boy, I could store a lot of Imperial Guardsmen in a box like that

WE 20-rd M16 mag for open bolt

• Advertisement

We Open bolt system-about time:D.
    Hopefully it will be a kit like they developed for their newer style pdw's and it'll allow the installation of a tm style hop, THE weak point of old WE models imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Open bolt system? Can you explain please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

On the old WE design a brass cylinder remained visible while the bolt was retracted, now the cylinder retracts much like a GBB pistol one does, 'open bolt' here means that, not the real steel meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Gen2

Don't think this has been posted yet....

The Magpul PTS Masada RIS hand guard is slated for a January release. Price is roughly €120.

101218_DSC04929.jpg

Now all I need is the short barrel set :rolleyes:

some vids of new m200

comes with a whopping 5 shells, can't wait to see the price for more of those:rolleyes:
    Edit: Supreme awesomeness on the shell ejecting sequence though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I'll get interested in this when snow wolf make one. Right now its simply something nice to look at on the net nothing more. No way is it worth the sort of money Socom gear want.... its a toy.

An affordable gas, shell ejecting large caliber sniper is sorely needed.

hightower1 wrote: »
    I'll get interested in this when snow wolf make one. Right now its simply something nice to look at on the net nothing more. No way is it worth the sort of money Socom gear want.... its a toy.

An affordable gas, shell ejecting large caliber sniper is sorely needed.

any shell ejecting sniper is a toy and a novelty, the shell just brings in another variable that any sniper does not need, airsoft sniping is all about consistency, and with gas and shell your shot to shot consistency disappears

as for larger caliber, 8mm spares just do not exist, the abundance of aftermarket parts is what makes the vsr successful as it allows a high degree of customization to your requirements, no need and no demand for higher caliber in airsoft tbh

my 2 cents

Is it? Because I'm pretty sure a gas powered, shell ejecting, large calibre bolt action rifle is exactly what isn't needed. Wanted, sure. Needed, not really. I'd like one, but I can tell you now, as the owned of a .50cal bolt action rifle already, even with a spring powered bolt and no shell ejection, it's still far too big, bulky and obtrusive to be useful in a game.

That said, if they do release one, I'll be first in line. As soon as I get it, I'll take it home, put it in the corner of the room and forget about it until a show comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Looks like some people never seen the VFC 8mm Barrett with shell ejection from 3-4 years back

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Looks like some people never seen the VFC 8mm Barrett with shell ejection from 3-4 years back

some of us haven't been in airsoft that long:D
    Must do a search on that, discontinued now needless to say?

Advertisement