Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

NakedDex wrote: »
    Is it? Because I'm pretty sure a gas powered, shell ejecting, large calibre bolt action rifle is exactly what isn't needed. Wanted, sure. Needed, not really. I'd like one, but I can tell you now, as the owned of a .50cal bolt action rifle already, even with a spring powered bolt and no shell ejection, it's still far too big, bulky and obtrusive to be useful in a game.

That said, if they do release one, I'll be first in line. As soon as I get it, I'll take it home, put it in the corner of the room and forget about it until a show comes around.

I agree, for GAMES its very impractical but I dont play just plink and collect and from that POV a shell ejecting gbb sniper that is affordable is very much wanted at least. The only options that fit that bill fight now cost socom gear money which is sill to spend on airsoft imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

img00.jpgDon't know if it's been posted before but zeta labs upcoming products http://www.airsoftpanda.com/images/flash/img00.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Grease Gun seems to be out at Tokyo Hobby http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=7303

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Horse84 wrote: »
    some of us haven't been in airsoft that long:D
    Must do a search on that, discontinued now needless to say?

They were asked to stop making it, as lads in the US were upgrading them to stupid fps and seriously whacking lads with them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

TNTQ wrote: »
    They were asked to stop making it, as lads in the US were upgrading them to stupid fps and seriously whacking lads with them :eek:

Where did you hear that from? It's got an air of urban myth about it. If that were the case, then the same argument could be made for any airsoft gun in the US ...

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »
    Where did you hear that from? It's got an air of urban myth about it. If that were the case, then the same argument could be made for any airsoft gun in the US ...

Anecdote Michal was told whilst sitting with Richard from VFC in their offices in Taiwan. Could be BS but who knows? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i was under the impression it was just an expensive limit edition run ( have to remember as well that at the time there was not cod factor making it popular was very much a different hobby when that was released) which tbh from everything i've read did not work well

tbh getting something stopped because it could be upgraded sounds a little off as most airsoft devices can be upgraded to silly fps if your inclined, maybe in another county like the caspian system pistols in japan ) but the us have been doing silly fps in places for years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Limited to 300 worldwide they did a 2nd run of around the same number called the midterm edition which came with improved internals compared to first run , 2nd hand few years old your looking at £1000stg + to pick one up before shipping

Sounded a bit weird to me as well. Ah, you know yourself - salesmen and their talk ;)

Personally, the thoughts of a 750fps 8mm Golf Ball firing machine scares the bejaysus outta me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Link to the V2 of the Barrett at 700fps...I'd hate to get hit by that..

http://www.fresnoairsoft.com/forums/index.php?topic=4172.0

I've seen guys with my sniper CA M24 upgrading to 700fps and beyond and even in the US they complain about them...very few sites will actually allow these guys to play with them..average is around 550-650fps.
    The drop in 300% CA kit alone will push the fps from 320 to 550fps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

G&P stoner up on wgc

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?item=GP-AEG-AEG015
    Release after Xmas 2010

Magazine Capacity: 1200
    Length: 930mm
    Weight: 4620g
    Built Material: Aluminum,PA,Steel & Die-Cast
    Inner Barrel Length: 440mm
    Gearbox: Version 2 with 8mm Bearing Full Assemble
    Motor: G&P M120 Hi-Speed
    Battery: Maximum can fit 10.8v 4400mAh Battery (Not Include)
    Included:
    -Die-Cast made Body
    -PA+GF: Handguard/Grip/Buttstock
    -Aluminum made One Piece Outer Barrel
    -Steel made Flashider
    -Die-Cast made Rear Sight
    -Complete Gearbox with Steel Gears & Spring Guide
    -Auto Loading Ammo Box (1200rds)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Puding wrote: »

Good to have a final idea of price (roughly £300), even if I need to change my boxers again ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Harakka

G&P WA GBBR version PMAGs in stock by WGC. Thought these had vanished!

Harakka wrote: »
    G&P WA GBBR version PMAGs in stock by WGC. Thought these had vanished!

They're available but in short enough supply i think. saw some on tokyomodel as well. I ordered a sand coloured one from airsoftglobal last week. Might do a review here whenever it gets to me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

Sweet!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

With regard to the "open bolt" M4/M16 series, would there be any cross-compatability issues, or is it a straight swap for the bolt, hop and tops of the magazines? I'd definitely switch over to the open bolt, considering the original WE hop-up.

That AKs74u looks great, I might hold off getting an AEG version and get this instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

What is so great about the open bolt system?Arnt they are ment to be less accurate?

.22 Lover wrote: »
    What is so great about the open bolt system?Arnt they are ment to be less accurate?

I wouldn't say accuracy is the thing in question to be honest. I have wa's open bolt and WE's brass tube system and they're both on a par in terms of accuracy when they're both tuned. The introduction of the 'open bolt' system for WE is more noteworthy in that it allows the introduction of a TM style hop which was what set the WA system apart.
    WE's hop ups in their early m4/16's/416's and pdws were notoriously hit and miss out of the box and almost always needed upgrading to some degree.
    WE's last 2 releases were the g36c and the m14, both of them had the vastly superior tm style hop and were a big leap forward. I have both and i haven't even bothered changing the hop rubber and just use .28's and are very accurate.
    There are arguments for and against both systems i guess, (some like the aesthetics of the brass bolt in action for example) but in terms of efficiency and perfomance I think WE are making the right decision converting to this and there'll be a big take up if it is a simple swap over of bolts, hops and magazine lips. Another weak point of WE's old system was certainly the nozzle which was and is prone to unthreading and breaking with use.
    Add the big positive of co2 to this and it's a winner imho:)

• Advertisement

Nice closeup vid of the browning Hi power and some very Bling lugers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Horse84 wrote: »
    Nice closeup vid of the browning Hi power and some very Bling lugers

Holy Baps batman...... Browning Hi-Power at 90 USD and
    fireing in the 300fps zone . Gimmie some!

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Any idea how much that Open Bolt SCAR-L will cost? :O

<we goodies video>

SON OF A B***H!!

Pan that camera back on the l82 and tell me more!!!!!!
    I actually shouted "nooooooooo!!!!!" when he teased the thing! .... the missus looks worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

hightower1 wrote: »
    SON OF A B***H!!

Pan that camera back on the l82 and tell me more!!!!!!
    I actually shouted "nooooooooo!!!!!" when he teased the thing! .... the missus looks worried.

I agree after getting the army one a few months ago i definetly want the we SA80 gbbr :O

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Wonder if it will be compatible with the M16 mags he was showing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I would hazard it would be due to the fact that the SCAR and M16 Open Bolt have interchangeable mags, would make sense if the SA80 was the same too.

Yeah I'd say it will be, I have a we gbb m4 and pdw and both can take the same mags bar the pdw special ones which only work on the pdw itself but the stanag ones work on both.

I'd image the short m16 mag will be the same too, happy out now considering I am gonna change the we m4 into a sniper in the new year and short mags would be great. :D

Please please please please please god let the wait for the l82 be a short one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Actually, what was the mag-well he held up at the end?

• Advertisement

Airsoftglobal have announced a full restock of ksc gbb pistols, some of which had gotten really scarce in recent months
    http://www.airsoftglobal.com/index.php?cPath=51_56
    157004_483949125689_113525965689_5688688_2703893_n.jpg

Advertisement