Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

hightower1 wrote: »
    The recoil on that scar looks pretty dammed weak tbh. It no gbb so I wouldnt expect it to break your shoulder but I could barely even see it move when he had it shouldered. Was only slightly noticeable when he held it off the shoulder.

I dont think the point behind the EBB is to give you a realistic kick in the the shoulder when you fire. I think its there more for sound and feeling you get when firing if you get me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Embrace the tan Dread-Lock, embrace the tan...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Tactical Condoms on Ebairsoft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Does anyone have the AABB Pistol Grenade Launcher...?
    What are they like with co2 nades...?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Tactical Condoms on Ebairsoft.

They ran out of sh1t to attach to m4's so now they are attaching sh1t to pmags.

If you are too clumsy to hold a contoured stippled plastic magazine without a rubber sleeve, plastic inserts or other redundant grippy thing you probably couldn't dress yourself in the morning to go airsofting in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

<insert inevitable "Special forces use them" post>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

NakedDex wrote: »
    <insert inevitable "Special forces use them" post>
    Special Forces like these...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

The Chuckle Brothers seem to be about to sell some naff NVG going by this picture they have on their front page.

14%20promotion.jpg

www.ebairsoft.com, they ship to you soon!

• Advertisement

No Chuck. Just no. Make it stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

APS SVD

IMG_0175_resize.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Engrish sign states that you need one CO2 cartridge for every shot...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Hope they mean per magazine or it's gonna be one hell of an expensive way to airsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

when i read it on arnies i took it a little differently, i read it just as a very efficient blow back system, no vent co2 that kinda thing, will be interesting to see the product, 1 capsule one shot would not really be practical :)

will wait on a bit more information but the aps line of aks was not bad so will be interesting

I have to say that a GBB SVD would nearly make me turn commie...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭chris20

It seems to say all the co2 is used on blowback, ie. it is used for the cocking cycle, the bb being propelled by a spring piston, at least thats what I'd guess from the sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

That sounds, oddly, brilliant. All the benefits of a reliable spring rifle for sniping, with all the benefits of a gas system for blowback.
    Christ, they might have actually thought this through...

That said, the idea of one shot per capsule had images in my head of opening the breach, loading a bb, then the capsule behind it like some sort of personal artillery piece.

If the system is reliable and compact it could be the go to system for dmr's and semi-auto snipers for realism. It would be nice to see more products then in a similar style, a non-fail w2000 for example, other than the rare and expensive asashi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Judging by this video I don't think the gas is used for recoil I think its used to fire the bb. Good news is multiple shots per CO2 cartridge bad news is high FPS. Hopefully that could be adjusted for here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Isn't that a different system though?

It is a different system, the GBB SVD is made by APS, the above video is a kit for the A&K springer SVD.

(TLA's OMG)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Sorry about that I thought it was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

I know there's a load of ye out there with 1500 odd spare euro to throw around these days so this is for you guys:p:p
    http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Sniper_Rifles_Socom_Gear_Socom_Gear_Cheytac_M200_Sniper_Rifle.htm
    SOG-M200-BK-2L.jpg
    SOG-M200-BK-1L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

love that gun horse!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Price Tag on the new prototype BAR
    is only $279.99 looks like a sweet price and even real wood.
    (Hopefully the production ones will have same price)
    http://www.acmgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=213_214&products_id=500

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

bit more information on the aps svd from the guys over at arnies

im interested on how they this thing turns out, it is an interesting idea but the implementation will be key

APS has also made an interesting entry to the airsoft market this year, announcing their upcoming product as the GBB SVD. This is definitely an eye catcher as it runs on Co2, giving it a nice blowback. APS claims this model (when released around Easter time) will be able to shoot on Co2 that uses 100% of its gas power to cycle the bolt whilst the trigger mechanism releases the spring to power the shot. This is so that the fps of each shot is more consistent, no matter the environmental conditions it is placed in. This is also going to be a big selling point as the usual GBB weapons on the market today will not allow you to fire the weapon at all due to the gas being the propellant for the shot, this can then be switched to ‘manual mode’ if the 12g capsule runs out to continue your

APS claims each capsule can pump out 60 shots on average and 70+ shots if the conditions were ideal, substantially more than most of the gas blowback sniper rifles available right now. Although this model is only in the pre-production stages, APS has already committed to these objectives for the production model. Best of luck to APS to meeting these goals as I’m sure plenty of skirmishers and collectors alike are anticipating a decent replica of the SVD that actually fires on semi-automatic mode rather than manual cocking.

Its a great idea and would be a revolution in gbb design, which may be applied to all gbbrs in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭moggser

Magpul PTS short barrel set for your Masada over on ebaybanned bit pricey for it but im sure some of ya's dont mind that

http://www.ebairsoft.com/magpul-masada-barrel-p-4041.html

Magpul%20PTS%20Masada%20ACR%20115%20Barrel%20Set%20CQB%201.jpg

Advertisement