Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Gold AKs, so wrong yet somehow...so right...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I once helped a nice chap from an embassy in Chad to move some money after he sent me an email, does that count?

Seriously, I'd love a list of receivers made of steel rather than metal, I can do so much more with ferrous materials than the muck they're usually using.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

zero19 wrote: »
    Gold AKs, so wrong yet somehow...so right...

+ 1

Make it an AKM, the new cyma job mentioned before.

Has the VFC construction and is steel.

If it has to be done, do it right, that gun better glisten like the African savanas or I c-mag a masada, I'll do it too, I'm crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

dont know if anybody has posted this before, but heres one for the m4 lovers
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=EMJhnNq9X0E&annotation_id=annotation_18739&feature=iv

NakedDex wrote: »
    I once helped a nice chap from an embassy in Chad to move some money after he sent me an email, does that count?

Seriously, I'd love a list of receivers made of steel rather than metal, I can do so much more with ferrous materials than the muck they're usually using.

Kalash do a full steel aksu, makes sure its the rk01s

They have a new one too, I dont know the name of the variant (I wish I did) on rsov, full steel, and with polymer furniture.

The new cyma akm is meant to be full steel also, cm048.

Bar that a vfc but I think someone might actually murder you if you used one of those, there are worse fan-boys than me out there, scary eh?

• Advertisement

If I'm going to do it, it won't be gold. To get a good gold finish I'd need access to a specific set of gear which I don't have anymore. Nickel or hard chrome would be my first choices. Might try a silver one but I'd have to clear-coat it afterwards to prevent corrosion.

A link to said options kind sir?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah is a few pages back

dripping wet

however im putting it on the backburner till i get my VN loadout, and when i say backburner, ill get it in summer :P

Dont want to invest in it if milsim isnt going to kick off here proper though, id get too annoyed and go back to regular midcaps.

I'm already contemplating going back to hicaps, cant deal with the amount of **** being thrown at me with 6 mids

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

dont know if anybody has posted this before, but heres one for the m4 lovers
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=EMJhnNq9X0E&annotation_id=annotation_18739&feature=iv

People have, but it's always a pleasure looking at that gun in action

I'm already contemplating going back to hicaps, cant deal with the amount of **** being thrown at me with 6 mids

Do it! Come to the dark side :D

I use both, I have 2 highcaps(one CA so that's pretty uselesss) and 4 mids, I try to use mids more often but I end up sliding back to my high cap

Do it! Come to the dark side :D

Already there buddy, already there

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3350

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=2311

The cyma isnt out yet afaik.

Gunfire.pl has a good selection of ak's, are in europe and the prices aren't bad, if you want another option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭moggser

@ doc
    and you should hide your head in shame i tell ya:p:p

Orly? The second one is the one I put away four of in the shop on Saturday...

/switches to phone on iPhone
    /calls Tony
    /switches back to Safari

...and I just got one. This is going to be interesting.

Get a magnet, touch it to the bolt carrier, if thats steel, its all steel, if its not, you have a pot metal/steel mix.

There are 3 models of that gun, plastic and pot metal steel mix, wood and pot metal steel mix, all wood, all steel.

You want to make sure its an rk01s, not rk01, as although you'd get a steel receiver, many other parts will be pot metal.

Aha, interesting. This I'll have to check. I was going to go over it with a magnet anyway but I hadn't realised they hot cute at mixed the steel with pot metal. This shall be investigated, though it's the wooden foreend so that narrows it to two choices.

When I say pot metal steel mix, I mean some parts are steel, others are pot metal, rather than some alloy (if thats even possible).

The bolt carrier, and front sight would be PM, and the barrel afaik.

If you are chroming it up, the full steel would allow all parts to be done.

I got you first time. I'm going to want full steel just for the options but this fist one is going to be all about testing. That said, if the steel us even half good I can hard chrome and polish it and it should buff out to a mirror finish.

An AKM would look best, but an aksu will do, you would want to use a black polymer mag and maybe a polymer foregrip to offset the chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Alzir

Question:
    Since I know little of AK's because I don't really follow developments in them too closely, when you say full steel do you mean full metal? As in stamped aluminium/magnesium etc, or are we talking about proper ferrous steel. If it is proper steel, what grade is it? If it's good enough, I'm going to want one or two. I can silver, copper, nickel and hard chrome a ferrous metal body.
    Suddenly AK's interest me.

Jesus Christ! Nobody sell this kid an AK for the love of Kalashnikovs everywhere!!!

:mad:You should be ashamed of yourself!:mad:

far from a kid is our Dex:confused:

any way a chrome 74 something worth thinking about:D

I'd probably be ashamed if I cared for AK's in the first place, but I find them vile to look at and hold. Can't fault the performance though, credit where it's due. I've done an M4 in a way but I couldn't use proper plating techniques, so this should turn out well. It's only for the larf anyway, gotta try new things. Could be worse, I could be converting it to a bullpup AK...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

I'd probably be ashamed if I cared for AK's in the first place, but I find them vile to look at and hold. Can't fault the performance though, credit where it's due. I've done an M4 in a way but I couldn't use proper plating techniques, so this should turn out well. It's only for the larf anyway, gotta try new things. Could be worse, I could be converting it to a bullpup AK...

hahahahaha do it!

Think of the length of the barrel! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Some shiny new 1911's available from WA

http://www.wa-gunnet.co.jp/product_info.php?products_id=225

GMpG00.jpg

GMpS00.jpg

. Could be worse, I could be converting it to a bullpup AK...

*getting sick at the thoughts*

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

hoplite wrote: »

Me wants sooooo much:D, any irish retailers planing on stocking these bad boys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

heyjay14 wrote: »
    Me wants sooooo much:D, any irish retailers planing on stocking these bad boys

I too would love if Irish Retailers would stock some WA Pistols.
    They are class when it comes to build quality.

~B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

HAHA!

Ive actually seen a real steel chrome AK with ivory grips on it. it actually looked good and i had toyed with the idea of making one. like you, i know little about the history of the AK simply because they don't interest me.,
    I'm hitting the Cu Chi Tunnels tomorrow and then goin to a range to get my hands on a real AK47 and an M60. I may yet fall in love with them., :D

also, the AK's in the shop are full steel versions, the older ones were steel with some other metal on parts, although ive never seen one break yet.,

HAHA!

Ive actually seen a real steel chrome AK with ivory grips on it. it actually looked good and i had toyed with the idea of making one. like you, i know little about the history of the AK simply because they don't interest me.,
    I'm hitting the Cu Chi Tunnels tomorrow and then goin to a range to get my hands on a real AK47 and an M60. I may yet fall in love with them., :D

also, the AK's in the shop are full steel versions, the older ones were steel with some other metal on parts, although ive never seen one break yet.,

I hate you...I hate you so much....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I hate you...I hate you so much....

+ 50

Could be worse, I could be converting it to a bullpup AK...

You could do one of the real versions of bullpup ak74's that are out there. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

i like aks for their rugged and ive been through 50 wars look....
    but a bulp up ak.....if i could spelll the sound of me puking, it would be here

Advertisement