Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Did I read that price right? $1200?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Villafan6

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but there's a big discussion over airsoft on FM104 right now,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

yes , yes you did, its value has been discussed on arnies this week

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Villafan6 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this but there's a big discussion over airsoft on FM104 right now,

Any interesting bits? Was it all hyperbole or were people actually being sensible about the discussion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Villafan6

Derek was on and was very good have to hand it to him, but as usual a few idiots on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Did I read that price right? $1200?

I may be wrong but isn't the RS less? :eek:

I probably would kill everyone in a 10 mile radius to get one though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've never been interested in a DE before, but I feel I may need to revise this viewpoint ...

That thing, despite its price tag, will make people run in fear of their lives when fired. It will sound like an absolute f*cking monster being fired, and it will recoil so much it'll come back to hit you in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

And by that, you mean the real one.

The airsoft one, Inokatsu or not, will look exactly the same as any other Desert Eagle from 10 yards, will sound like a slightly louder GBB pistol and will recoil slightly more than a KJW CO2 1911.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Just saw this on MadBull's Facebook page:
    MadBull is proud to announce the only fully licensed and true 1:1 scale Daniel Defense SA80 (L85) RIS.

Daniel Defense was awarded the SA80 RIS contract by the UK MOD and currently supplies the UK military.

Rail with be available for ICS, G&G, and Army Armament SA80 replicas.

sa80ris.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

NakedDex wrote: »
    And by that, you mean the real one.

The airsoft one, Inokatsu or not, will look exactly the same as any other Desert Eagle from 10 yards, will sound like a slightly louder GBB pistol and will recoil slightly more than a KJW CO2 1911.

Not necessarily. The Steel slide will pack more of a punch, as seen on the RA-Tech slide for the green gas powered USP. CO2 + Steel = good solid recoil. But you are right...simulated recoil will probably equal a low caliber pistol as opposed to the Desert Eagle.

• Advertisement

Steel or not, it'll still feel like a GBB. I'd consider $1200 for a GBB rifle of theirs, maybe, but there's no way I'd drop it on a pistol. Not even after a lotto win.

If I had $1200 and desperately needed to feel a hefty recoil from a pistol, I'd use the money to book a holiday to a Texas gun range for a week of shooting the RS everything I own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

richieffff wrote: »
    Just saw this on MadBull's Facebook page:
    MadBull is proud to announce the only fully licensed and true 1:1 scale Daniel Defense SA80 (L85) RIS.

Daniel Defense was awarded the SA80 RIS contract by the UK MOD and currently supplies the UK military.

Rail with be available for ICS, G&G, and Army Armament SA80 replicas.
    Interesting that they completely ignore the largest supply of Sa80 owners in airsoft... Star, and by association, Ares guns.... typical madbull lol

It's your own fault for buying a crappy Star/Ares.

/kicks hornets nest
    /runs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

well that makes up my mind, with the element LLM01 on the way time to get hold of an ics l85 and start a new project

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

It's your own fault for buying a crappy Star/Ares.

/kicks hornets nest
    /runs

For a Skirmisher:
    Its whats inside that counts

For a shallow Collector:
    Its whats outside that counts :D

(Or that was my experience with my 2 Star Brand purchases,
    lovely fantastic exteriors and unreliable and crap performance)

~B

I've never had a single fault with Star or Ares kit. Ever. And most owners I know outside of Ireland, never have either. Has Ares and Star become the new CA? Someone has a problem, then 300 people heared it from a friend...
    Both before, and now, both have been well respected reliable working brands.
    Fair enough you had problems bullets, but what guns were those?
    I've had thier Tar21, Sa80a2, G36, and m4, and all have been perfect performers for me, the skirmisher. And externally lovely...

Need I point out the almost deified G&G Used to blow thier gearboxes out of thier barrels if you looked at them impolitely? Oh, and thier sa80s, what this is about, are unreliable as hell thanks to thier shoddy blowback system.

My comment was ecomics, at the time ti came out, star was the only sa80, everyone bought them, and still do. Not making it compatable for thier line of guns, is economically un sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What I find interesting here is, to what spec did Star make their SA80s to. G&G are normally the ones to make custom alterations to their designs that throw them off spec to most other brands yet here we have ICS, G&G and the ARMY ones all very similar at the fore end at lest anyway.

I always though that the Star SA80s were the closest to the real steel dimension spec wise, external finish and weight so any dedicated accessories would fit the Star SA80s, like the SUSATs that only fit the accurately replicated dovetail mounts to spec. Strange one alright.

I'd like to point out that my original Star/Ares statement was actually a joke.

That said, mission accomplished. Hornets well and truly displaced from nest.

ANYWAY, I agree. It is sill that they're not making one for the Star/Ares range given that they actually have the most comprehensive coverage of the L85 family. G&G do the A1 and A2 (for the record, I've never seen these relaibility problems in the G&G ones any more than I've seen them in Ares ones) and ICS do the Carbine now etc, but Ares manages to span everything from the LSW to the AFW, with a UGL thrown in there for good measure.
    It's all rather silly, but I have a hunch there's a reason. It's not like Madbull to make something and not market it out to every possible sales position.

Yeah well I bit :P im stressed at work, it was good timing on your part :P
    G&G do a carbine now too, the SA Fakety... Not sure on g&g dimensions, but I know the ares/ star is real steel dimensions, Mine is getting a real steel foregrip on her :) (mate has some on his, so they fit with very little work (only some space for the battery needs dremeling.)) Im not paying for a darn DD one >< (though apparently Realsword has one in its 2010 catalogue... so an option, though perhapsm adbull has a star one out too soon.

Firekitten wrote: »
    Fair enough you had problems bullets, but what guns were those?

I was only making a joke too and nothing aimed at yourself or anyone else.
    (I was just playing on the phrase "its whats inside that counts" that you hear from gothy/emo's and angst ridden teens)

I got a Star AW338 and Star L1A1 and nothing ever ever ever has so far come near to the awesomeness of how they Look and feel and the weight, the Quality and attention to detail is unreal. (my two favorites)
    But....my AW338 mag leaks and I got a replacement valve and still leaks, and I get less than 100fps out of it after I got a 1j downgrade from redwolf.

My L1A1 never to be skirmished as its precious to me!
    does not fire on semi, sometimes it may, sometimes it will
    decide to fire if you open the body and swing the fire selector switch over to the invisible auto setting, but not to be relied on.

With that said with all the guns I own. I've yet to find anything reliable enough that I would consider a safe bet to take skirmishing with, without bringing a backup AEG with me. CA AUG locked up last week, as did my G&G G2010, any of the FAL's/L1A1's constantly seemed to get a temp lock up where you need to switch from semi to auto and back to get it firing again, my 2 M14's from Army and Cyma sometimes decide to just not fire as if there was no battery without explanation. Basically every brand I've tried I've managed to break. Luck or lack of Luck of the Irish.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

bullets you need a tm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ICS do the Carbine now etc, but Ares manages to span everything from the LSW to the AFW, with a UGL thrown in there for good measure.

ICS do the entire range now except the AFW and of course Star/Ares are the only ones making the UGL. What kills me now is that no one makes the origonal handguards anymore, they all come with that heap of a handguard that looks like it just managed to contain a burst barrle. Even WE's new GBBr, why....why.

There is a UK site selling the real DD railed fore end for the SA80, think it's sale is restricted to service personel though. But reading the reviews from soldiers who bought them on the site, some said it was great and fit now problem as one would expect while others had to get armourers to mod the fore end and/or rifle to get to fit. Looks like the Star/Ares are even more realistic now.:pac:

Gatling wrote: »
    bullets you need a tm ;)

Current TM P90 wont empty a Hi-Cap mag or a full mid-cap
    without jamming. Tried different BB's and have two hi-cap mags and 1 mid cap.

Current TM Hi-Cappa 5.1 wont fire after installed
    a metal trigger and 160% recoil spring. Grrr.

Getting to a stage where if I decide to handle ANYTHING
    airsoft it just stops working in my hands!
    That will all change in a few months time If I pay my bills
    and make the decision to become a magpull whore.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

bullets wrote: »
    Getting to a stage where if I decide to handle ANYTHING airsoft it just stops working in my hands!

Boy do I know that feeling >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gatling wrote: »
    bullets you need a tm ;)

never mind that overpriced rubbish...

G+P Magpul M4 MOE...I only ever bring one AEG with me one...it's that reliable and a thing of beauty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    a thing of beauty

I thought you said it was an M4

ICS do the entire range now except the AFW and of course Star/Ares are the only ones making the UGL. What kills me now is that no one makes the origonal handguards anymore, they all come with that heap of a handguard that looks like it just managed to contain a burst barrle. Even WE's new GBBr, why....why.

There is a UK site selling the real DD railed fore end for the SA80, think it's sale is restricted to service personel though. But reading the reviews from soldiers who bought them on the site, some said it was great and fit now problem as one would expect while others had to get armourers to mod the fore end and/or rifle to get to fit. Looks like the Star/Ares are even more realistic now.:pac:
    The new handguard is the mk2 real handguard :P you just dont see many because those rifles get RIS now, and hardly any photos are taken of rear units with them. However Star ones take a real mk1 handguard with only modding for battery space, ive got one :P

Stonewolf wrote: »
    I thought you said it was an M4
    It would be if it wasnt covered in pieces of magpull crap :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

A redwolf video on that most sexy and long overdue of guns ... the G&P Stoner 63A LMG (US Navy Mk.23)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Firekitten wrote: »
    It would be if it wasnt covered in pieces of magpull crap :P

that;s why I'm removing the MOE handguard :D

Advertisement