Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭big dan

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

.... i need a new keyboard..... its ruined with sick..and i just shat myself too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

.... i need a new keyboard..... its ruined with sick..and i just shat myself too

im not alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

i just shat myself

lol nothing new there then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Never mind the american civi kit nonsence, there are proper ak bullpups, the groza for example.

I don't like any of them but they do exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

hoplite wrote: »

Want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Ugliest grips in history. Though the finish of the frame and slide is quite nice.

The bullpup AK would be slightly scary as an option, though ugly as sin. I like bullpups, but that's atrocious. The back end doesn't look finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Agreed, the grips aren't the most handsome things in the world, but that's easily fixed. ;)

Steve

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Actually, i like the grips, just dont like the rest of the gun., and isnt it going to be made from ABS like their other ones? if so, it would be pretty cr*p.,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

NakedDex wrote: »
    The bullpup AK would be slightly scary as an option, though ugly as sin. I like bullpups, but that's atrocious. The back end doesn't look finished.

I think the czechs had a half decent looking BP ak74 but the look, and rock in mag design really dont suit it IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

big dan wrote: »

whoever made that deserves to have his eyes scratched out by rabid cats

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

the RS versions of those grips are solid silver and are a good few hundred dollars last time i saw them.

they look well on the gold although could be darker or even black.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Actually, i like the grips, just dont like the rest of the gun., and isnt it going to be made from ABS like their other ones? if so, it would be pretty cr*p.,

ABS? That changes everything. I thought they were a well finished and plated metal. No longer impressed.

Its basically the same as Tonys pistol dex., the one from the Nicolas Cage movie., Snake Eyes was it? something like that.,

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Nope its from Face Off (I'm Castor Troy!!!)

Ahh yeah,. thats the one,.;)

GUnner airsoft are now selling, 1911 grips and Bell Trademarked 1911 bodies

kimber-04.JPG

BE-723grip-01.jpg

BE-EG724-01.jpg

http://www.spartanimports.com/IMAGES/BLAMMO/blammopromo0.jpg

looks fairly interesting, i remeber the paintball ones years ago, you wouldnt use them in a springer unless you were loading them muzzle first & blowing down the barrel to seat them.

i wonder how effective theyll be?

those kimber grips G3?(i know i can spell that correct anyways;)), think i rem them on ebaybanned/TGD for about €8 delivered.

http://www.spartanimports.com/IMAGES/BLAMMO/blammopromo0.jpg

looks fairly interesting, i remeber the paintball ones years ago, you wouldnt use them in a springer unless you were loading them muzzle first & blowing down the barrel to seat them.

those kimber grips G3?(i know i can spell that correct anyways;)), think i rem them on ebaybanned/TGD for about €8 delivered.

fek off if you think your messin up my kit with markers!! it would put an end to buying proper stuff! would have to wear old stuff! oh my bad never saw them on it!

lol haha its not like you are expected to read my hand writing! i can barely do it myself lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

http://www.spartanimports.com/IMAGES...ammopromo0.jpg

stay well clear unless you think cleaning rubbish out of your gearbox hopup and inner barrel is fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I have some of those soft-shell paintbally BBs at home, they just kept fouling up in the chamber though in fairness I never thought of muzzle-loading them. I doubt they'd fly straight anyway. But we should keep an eye on these kill-markers, I'm sure someone will test and review them soon enough. If they work they'll be very useful in small quantities for encouraging cheaters to take their hits. Especially if the kit has to be washed afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

OzCam wrote: »
    I have some of those soft-shell paintbally BBs at home, they just kept fouling up in the chamber though in fairness I never thought of muzzle-loading them. I doubt they'd fly straight anyway. But we should keep an eye on these kill-markers, I'm sure someone will test and review them soon enough. If they work they'll be very useful in small quantities for encouraging cheaters to take their hits. Especially if the kit has to be washed afterwards.

the powder residue ones work quite well and come in different colours markings. one of atf used them at the charity game for sniping and worked quite well, left yellow, pink or white marks where hit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

the powder residue ones work quite well and come in different colours markings. one of atf used them at the charity game for sniping and worked quite well, left yellow, pink or white marks where hit

Good to hear, though if they require the mark to be washed off the shooter should tell people he's using them before the game starts. While none of us have any sympathy for cheaters (I wanted to use the paintball BB as a second or third shot, only when necessary) it'll be counterproductive if people's gear is messed up. I guess it depends on how easy it is to clean.

I could see myself using this product, but only at the rate of 1 or 2 per day.

OzCam wrote: »
    Good to hear, though if they require the mark to be washed off the shooter should tell people he's using them before the game starts. While none of us have any sympathy for cheaters (I wanted to use the paintball BB as a second or third shot, only when necessary) it'll be counterproductive if people's gear is messed up. I guess it depends on how easy it is to clean.

I could see myself using this product, but only at the rate of 1 or 2 per day.

nah you can rub it off, leaves talcan powder like mark, personnally would only use when sniping as people are reluctant to take hits or even realise they are hit with single fire from a distance, unless you hit the neck or ears :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

if it leaves a mark on the target i get the impression it also leaves lovely residue in your barrel?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Would not be impressed to have paint, no matter how easy it is to wipe off, splattered on my gun or kit.

Granted RED may add "blood" effect and possibly cool, I just think it would be bollox.

Also had a gun in here a while ago with the red paint BB's in it, were absolutely horrible, could be burst between two fingers.

Good luck using them :/

Puding wrote: »
    if it leaves a mark on the target i get the impression it also leaves lovely residue in your barrel?

i would assume so but then again not a bit of powder floating in the bottom of the bag. still would suit me fine for the sniping and i clean my barrels after every skirmish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I'm not discounting these just yet. They arent polypropelene-glycol shells rather they appears to be hard-pack powder dye. Theoretically this stuff shouldnt re-atomise until it is treated to a sharp shock such an impact, the energy of which breaks up the weak bonding and allow transfer of dye.

The dye would have to be pretty tough in its non-transfering state to survive shipping so I dont know if our kit would have the nessesscery power to leave marks at the 40/50 meter distances spoke of in the adveretising.

On the other hand, in terms of solving the "take your hits" issues it might be a godsend if it works. Lets face it, airsoft sorely needs something to take the "trust" factor and back it up with something more appropriate to the numbers playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

issues of multible marks from a days play can lead to abuse ie marshal he's not taking his hits looks there's where i hit him ,60-70 players with markers going to get messy for sorting cheats from stupid accuseations look i hit him behind a mound 200 metres away shooting with a blindfold

• Advertisement

well i dunno about the products effectiveness but id be wilint to put a windup through a a gun for the sake of testing.

as for marks on your kit, would you also refuse to go prone in the wet in case you got a little bit of mud on it.....true sign of a geardo:p

seriouslt its a bit of dry powder paint, i wouldnt immagine it would stain or be anyways permanent.

Advertisement