Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QspTCTlcc8

AATV review of real sword m4 types ... yip, that's right - m4/m16s coming soon - including a gbbr!

Awesome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QspTCTlcc8

AATV review of real sword m4 types ... yip, that's right - m4/m16s coming soon - including a gbbr!

Awesome...

Mega!!;)
    I saw that Real Sword were making a biggie about going to IWA '11 - glad to see it was with good purpose. I've really become a fan of RS since picking up one of their AK's.
    :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Definitely on my must have list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I love you Real Sword. The Type 88:), they had to do it really to go with the Type 97s.

Also their M4 and M16 AEG range built to mil spec size, don't know if or how they managed that with the pistol grip. But they look great, finally some serious competition to G&P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

Some new G&G Products up there, look really nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrqQHRB4LHM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Storm%20PX4%20Aluminum%20Slide%20&%20Steel%20Barrel%20set%20silver1.jpg

http://www.ebairsoft.com/storm-aluminum-slide-steel-barrel-silver-p-4191.html

Bit on the outrageously pricey side, Also comes in FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

prowin have released the version 2 version of their 20 rd short mag for wa m4 style gbbrs
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magazines/rifle-smg-magazine/for-gbbr/prowin-gi-20-30rd-gas-magazine-for-wa-m4-gbb.html
    PROWIN-MAG-WAM4GI20_1_mark_1.jpg

I own one of the older short mags and i recently bought 3 of the standard v2 mags to supplement my older prowin mags and they are really good, they seem noticeably a bit lighter than the originals and the roller wheel on the top there is bigger. internally they seem fairly similar.

They seem to have tweeked the spring and spring follower i think, the odd time my older mags they'd jam and i'd have to diassemble the whole mag to get the spring back in line, i've yet to find this happen with the new ones. No leaks and they lock back everytime on an empty mag and sit very well into my 2 g&p lowers without modification.
    expensive? Yes but you get what you pay for:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Pretty much the same price as the v1 mags. I've got six of the v1 beasties although not had a chance to skirmish since my m4 is not in a skirmishable state (yet). I still need to finish off modifying the bolt release to allow the mags sit lower to allow the bolt cycle freely. Had it almost done months ago but just been lazy about it.

How do you find the mags sitting with the G&P lower? And do you have an AGM to compare with? Would be curious to know it's an AGM thing, or just an AGM-being-so-crap-that-the-receivers-are-not-consistent thing.

Lemming - I'm still using a stock agm receiver, and I don't have this problem - either with the prowin or the crappy agm mags. Bolt cycles without issues and with a replaced bolt (lightweight versus the pot metal standard version) the cycling is nice, fast and smooth.
    Could just be a receiver inconsistency thing (wouldn't surprise me with agm to be honest).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

Lemming wrote: »
    Pretty much the same price as the v1 mags. I've got six of the v1 beasties although not had a chance to skirmish since my m4 is not in a skirmishable state (yet). I still need to finish off modifying the bolt release to allow the mags sit lower to allow the bolt cycle freely. Had it almost done months ago but just been lazy about it.

How do you find the mags sitting with the G&P lower? And do you have an AGM to compare with? Would be curious to know it's an AGM thing, or just an AGM-being-so-crap-that-the-receivers-are-not-consistent thing.

My g&p WAS my old agm m4 if u know what i mean so i can't really say lol. As regards the g&p lowers it's funny, i have 2, one VLTOR and the other with colt trades, you'd imagine they'd have the exact same dimensions with regards the magwell etc but the colt one was def a good bit tighter with the prowin mags for some reason, the v1 ones anyway particularly when i started using it first,the gun has seen a good bit of use since and the v2 mags fit perfectly. just zero problems really.

I have 2 g&p gas mags as well, one of them is the pmag type and not happy with them at all, they don't sit as well and gas consumption is poor imho and both of them started leaking after relatively little use both from the outlet valves. Both show signs of poor qc with poor quality o rings and crappy allen screws. i'd nearly go with the old agm mags before relying on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

looks like the ICS M1 and M3 will be hitting shops @june/july

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Puding wrote: »

hi puding, have u ever orederd aeg from these lads? also it doesnt seem to say on the site that anything is out of stock,if i emailed them would they tell me if got an item in stock? want src mp40 ebb so bad!!!!!!!!

done a large number of orders with them very reliable and inside the uk, if it is on the site it is instock from experience, if something is out of stock they generally remove it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

done a large number of orders with them very reliable and inside the uk, if it is on the site it is instock from experience, if something is out of stock they generally remove it

thanks puding! you the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Not sure if this qualifies as news but Airsoft World have RPGs at a very nice price http://www.airsoftworld.net/russian-mania-workshop-rpg-7-full-metal-and-wood-rocket-launcher.html

shhhhh don't tell everyone :) spotted that yesterday, need to wait until next week and might hopefully pick on up as i;ve had one on my shopping list for some time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Sorry Puding. Been tempted to pick one up myself but inevitably will need to grab a scope,sling and other accessories so am in two minds about it.

if you not 100% into accuracy the western german rpg slings and covers are dirt cheap even on ebay, if you looking for period soviet that is where the price starts going up, rpg sights can be hit and miss, as normal stay clear of ebay and keep an eye on the red alliance forum and you can normally find one for under 100usd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I just saw 'has channel for inner barrel' :o RPG sniper rifle! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Would love an RPG7 for the collection. it would make a lovely replacement to the didgeridoo in the corner of the room. :D

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

bullets wrote: »
    Would love an RPG7 for the collection. it would make a lovely replacement to the didgeridoo in the corner of the room. :D

~B

But they're so impractical, I could never see the attraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's for a collectors piece, practicality does not come into it. I don't consider any M203/AG36/GP30 launcher practical in airsoft but they look cool mounted on an AEG.

its for airsoft, when did practicality start coming into it? we run around in 3x as much gear as we really need :)

but on a serious note, if your looking at accurate impressions and themes or even for a prop things like this can really add another level

Depends if you regularly skirmish against armour, or helos.... Or you're bullets, where an RPG7 would be a conversation piece for a dinner party...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

its for airsoft, when did practicality start coming into it? we run around in 3x as much gear as we really need :)

but on a serious note, if your looking at accurate impressions and themes or even for a prop things like this can really add another level

Well I don't! I pack light!

But it is an expensive prop, try the panzerfaust instead!

Pudding is a giant... he can carry an rpg as a prop with the ease of most mere humans crying a dummy grenade on thier webbin lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

is the weight of it simmilar to a real one?

Well I don't! I pack light!

But it is an expensive prop, try the panzerfaust instead!

tbh at that sale praise your look at both being about the same when you factor in everything

it all depends at how your coming at airsoft and what type of events you go to

i picked up the rpg 22 for the next event as a prop as one objective was to attack an MSR with possible vehicles, this stuff just adds something, the killer is the deac version are a fraction of the cost but im still looking to confirm there status before i import one, i do not think its a problem as i've seen the vehicle guys at shows over hear with deac western versions but just need to confirm everything first :)

DSC_09680001.jpg

also some guys from the last event brought there clone version along as well
    61238_437604274559_716409559_4981264_6289921_n.jpg
    vlad2009 wrote: »
    is the weight of it similar to a real one?

real is about 7kg replica is 4kg, difference comes with the warhead the launcher itself is about right

• Advertisement

Ahh - Belgian camo. It's so hard to take them seriously, even when they have a RPG launcher... :D
    Maybe that's the point...

Advertisement