Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

horgan_p wrote: »
    True , saw them (airsoft replicas) in Dr. Who and Spooks.
    Apparently they got them from wolf armouries.

It was Rsov.

They accidentally sent me the invoice for them a couple of years ago :)

Bastards got a fantastic price on them too !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Just saw that Opsec airsoft is finished for good. Might be your last chance to grab the podcasts before their gone. http://www.airsoftpope.com/opsec-airsoft-radio/

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

thanks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Carentan Killer

That GHK AKM Looks awesome:eek: I think one is on the cards for myself soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

will wait for a review from a non retailer first, the externals are lovely being made by LCT that is to be expected but i;ve been burned by ghk internals in the past so what to see the practicality and effectiveness of the hop up in particular first

Yeah very true Puding I was thinking about getting the WE AKM version for myself at first not sure how long more of a wait on them though but as you said best to wait for a proper review of them both first ;)

The LCT Wood is indeed a big selling point for me on the GHK and the external build quality and the realistic bolt carrier /gas piston.
    No doubt Ratech have lots of internal mods/upgrades planned for release for both the GHK & WE AKM versions too.

its the metal work that really sells lct stuff, wood can always be replaced as surplus stuff is still relatively cheap, the correct metal work finish is hard to replicate after woods

will be interesting to see what we do, we have the best chance of co2 mags which is a bonus and they have both the akm and akms planed, good times :)

edit: scratch that, we have cow mags for the ghk :)http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/album.php?fbid=10150130600998950&id=17117533949&aid=303199

Puding wrote: »
    its the metal work that really sells lct stuff, wood can always be replaced as surplus stuff is still relatively cheap, the correct metal work finish is hard to replicate after woods

will be interesting to see what we do, we have the best chance of co2 mags which is a bonus and they have both the akm and akms planed, good times :)

edit: scratch that, we have cow mags for the ghk :)http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/album.php?fbid=10150130600998950&id=17117533949&aid=303199

Yes very true the LCT metals are really great proper high quality steel and a proper finish on them also :eek::D

I have do have co2 mags for all my WE Gbbr's - Scar (Tan), DB Custom Magpul M4, M16A3, KAC PDW

The increased recoil and rate of fire is amazing with co2 over greengas/propane plus that added usability in colder weather - all WE-tech need to do is design a dual 12g co2 cartridge mag as the co2 runs out fast and you don't get too many reloads on the mags.

Not a major problem really if you carry plenty of WE co2 mags with you

I agree Co2 is a must have for the new AKM's and also on most gas blowback rifles that are to be used in Ireland really.

That is great news on the GHK AKM co2 mags good times indeed :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I've wanted an L85 for ages now, my main stopping point being trying to decide between the AFV version (because I love compact bullpups), the LSW (for reasons I'm not even sure of) and an A2 with a UGL (because I also love bulky, tank-like bullpups). I'm pretty sure all three are going to take a sideline to this version when it comes out.
    Already my questions are "when is it CO2 compatible" and "can I fit the UGL or the Daniels rail kit".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Cheers Puding!
    That does look like a thoroughly more complicated beast than their m4s or scars. I'd be interested to try one out ... and it looks like it takes standard m4 mags (rather than open bolt mags) - or am I imagining that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Its so beautiful .. SO ....SO .... URGH

tumblr_lhyumsV5cd1qhbcvno1_400.jpg

Will be holding on to cash this month for that one!

... and it looks like it takes standard m4 mags (rather than open bolt mags) - or am I imagining that?

Just looking at that, the bottom of the bolt face looks like a bb size notch is cut in it. Looks like WE have a work around system that can take both mag types?

Shame they went with matt finish instead of the glossy one but meh, it's a bullpup GBBR = total wantage, and I have a spare Ares SUSAT to stick on when I get hold of one.

Also, what is with the handguard release button. The old style ones that have them so it's either a real Mk2 handguard feature or a WE invention? It's usually held on by a retaining screw at the sling swivel and alot of soldiers rest their thumb where that release button is on the Mk1 handguards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Video from the Gunman Airsoft WW2 game held at Sennybridge over the weekend of 19/20th March 2011

Operation Market Garden - The battle for Nijmegan

Great vid there Lemming thanks for posting it :)

Looking forward to the WE L85A2 also can't wait!
    My G&G L85A2 will have to do for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

Lemming wrote: »
    Video from the Gunman Airsoft WW2 game held at Sennybridge over the weekend of 19/20th March 2011

Operation Market Garden - The battle for Nijmegan

would they be a regular game(as in monthly) or would be a yearly event?
    something i would be interested in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Scody94 wrote: »

Ask Gunman Airsoft. At any rate, not monthly considering they used MoD facilities for that game .....

Historically themed airsoft games - particularly WW2 and Vietnam - are not uncommon in the UK and you'll find a few events each year.

Scody94 wrote: »
    something i would be interested in :)

check out the forum as the web site front page is not updated as much as you would hope but the forum as a lot of information on events, gunman focus very much on the experience with a leaning towards filmsim, i've been keeping an eye on there cold war events personally :)

http://www.gunmanforum.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

Lemming wrote: »
    Ask Gunman Airsoft. At any rate, not monthly considering they used MoD facilities for that game .....

Historically themed airsoft games - particularly WW2 and Vietnam - are not uncommon in the UK and you'll find a few events each year.
    check out the forum as the web site front page is not updated as much as you would hope but the forum as a lot of information on events, gunman focus very much on the experience with a leaning towards filmsim, i've been keeping an eye on there cold war events personally :)

http://www.gunmanforum.com/
    thanks lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

WANT! my self made one feels inadiquate now >>

Firekitten wrote: »
    WANT! my self made one feels inadiquate now >>

It's the effort that counts.

Like your, TAR21 custom top rail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I get bored with innacuracies, so I make things right :P the riser I made is roughly ok, its just off in a few areas, which is a bit meh, but not horrific. Now I see this, I know my snob sense will make me get it instead :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

There is another company making one too isn't there, ics?

Anyway, a makarov pmm would be excellent next, and a vintorez would rock.

Yep SRC should have one out by the summer. If you are interested they have pictures of their prototype in the airsoft news section of Arnies. KWA have stated that the Tokarev is the first in a classic pistols range so hopefully a Makarov will be upcoming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'm not a fan of the tokarev but love the look of the makarov, I'm pleased to see more variety in pistols, and src seem to be a great company.

Advertisement