Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Oh it does looke like a mighty nice piece, I do like the M200, if you were looking for something very swank for plinking/wall hanging it'd be quite nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

NakedDex wrote: »
    As astonishingly high quality as that looks to be, I'd rather have the Ares. It's more skirmishable and has a spring option. Cheaper too, I'd assume.
    Agreed. I dont like the shell systems, and especially not for a sniper rifle where tollerances matter. Ares would be my call too, dont like gas sniper rifles >>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Horse84

sexy time......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

They haven't overcome the inherent problem of it being a 1911 though. Call me when they make something interesting...

...and that costs less than my car insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.160

There are the pics from the IWA taken by airsoft news, there is an option to click through to a gallery with more images at a higher resolution. The new ICS FNC is in there with a split gearbox design, looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭CaptainCook

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.160

There are the pics from the IWA taken by airsoft news, there is an option to click through to a gallery with more images at a higher resolution. The new ICS FNC is in there with a split gearbox design, looks great.

Whats the release date i saw this at the shotshow and it has a fully functioning 3 round burst that works, when they say works! iIhope they mean works as in the marui type 89 3 round burstand not works as in the the star FNC 3 round burst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

$150 for the G&G F2000 RIS kit :(....
    I reckon I could get the real steel version for less (and with trades) and mod it to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

150!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Whats t, when they say works! iIhope they mean works as in the marui type 89 3 round burstand not works as in the the star FNC 3 round burst.
    It uses a fire control mosfet from there new mp5 series it can be tuned for what ever battery you use so you always get the 3 -5 round burst ,and it does work

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

It looks good might piuck one up, wonder how front heavy it would be.

• Advertisement

lperrozzi wrote: »
    I reckon I could get the real steel version for less (and with trades) and mod it to fit.
    I reccon you really couldnt... Real Steel RIS units range from £500 upwards.

Firekitten wrote: »
    I reccon you really couldnt... Real Steel RIS units range from £500 upwards.

Funny I remember seeing the same mod done for under 200.... I'll stick up a link tonight;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

150 ?
    I think ill pass :D

Funny I remember seeing the same mod done for under 200.... I'll stick up a link tonight;)
    Go for it, I'd be suprised frankly... if you can find one, awesome, But considering real steel AK ris units touch £100, m4, £3-400 a pop, and something like the FN2000 I'd expect to be Mil/LEO restricted and extremely expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Whats the release date i saw this at the shotshow and it has a fully functioning 3 round burst that works, when they say works! iIhope they mean works as in the marui type 89 3 round burstand not works as in the the star FNC 3 round burst.

The star fnc 3 round burst works fine, but I would assume ICS, who have similar systems in their mp5's would have it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

and something like the FN2000 I'd expect to be Mil/LEO restricted and extremely expensive!

I wouldn't say they would be Mil/LEO restricted. The FS2000 is popular enough for a bullpup in the US. Expensive, possibly but it's not like it's a Daniel Defence free float RIS for an M4.

You'd be surprised. Reflex sights are popular in the US for civilian rifles too, but the majority of them are Mil/LEO restricted. If anything, a DD front end is less likely to be restricted.

There's no hard and fast rules on what is and what isn't. I've seen torches that are, and trigger assemblies that aren't.

I wouldn't say they would be Mil/LEO restricted. The FS2000 is popular enough for a bullpup in the US. Expensive, possibly but it's not like it's a Daniel Defence free float RIS for an M4.

I've seen enough ris kits restricted for some things... depends usually. And DD arent even the most expensive... I've seen some push £900 for just RIS alone. (and m4 ones are the second least expensive I've seen overall.

Anything LESS common tends to get higher. Sa80, Sigs, Shotguns, FN stuff... m4 and ak being the cheaper end.

Go for it, I'd be suprised frankly... if you can find one, awesome, But considering real steel AK ris units touch £100, m4, £3-400 a pop, and something like the FN2000 I'd expect to be Mil/LEO restricted and extremely expensive!

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=200274&view=findpost&p=18423338
    Thats pretty much the nitty-gritty of the mod required....

And a replacement RIS for the real steel can be found here....
    http://www.bigsupplyshop.com/FNH-USA-Inc-FS2000-Tactical-Forend-3830500_p_17425.html
    You will need an American friend to ship it over to you though:)

I take it back... I'm impressed by how cheap that is... feck the airsoft one then! lol

• Advertisement

I wonder how customs would treat that? Given it's an RS part, and there's been trouble with getting some of the RS AK stuff in at times (scopes, particularly).

I actually thought that link was going to be for the P90-alike front end mentioned previously. I got all excited for a couple of seconds. That actually looked comfortable as heck, and something I'd go out of my way to install. A bog standard rail kit, however, wouldn't budge me.
    That's one of the nicer features of the F2000 for me, it's can't be littered in 10lbs of unnecessary accessories, or (my personal favourite and most common among M4 users) handguard panels...

Technically you're right Dex, it's treated as a firearm component and worst case scenario you can be done for a firearms offense (this is also true for anybody that collects spent casings :rolleyes:)....

On the other hand, with the RIS unpackaged, I'd be willing to bet it passes through customs quite easily :)

To be honest the only reason I want the RIS is to mount a torch/strobe for night games, I already have an M4 with the obligatory rail panels :p

There's an offset rail available for the existing top rail. I got one years ago for a G36 to mount a flashlight without bolting rails onto the handguard (always hated them on G36's). Works perfectly, keeps the profile nice and tight and only costs about $20. There's a double railed version that'll give you room on both sides too.

Something else I've done is use a barrel mount for a flashlight. Mine is on a shotgun, but a smaller version is available for regular AEG barrels. Again, works a treat, no rails and it's cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

ok guys there is a difference between a hammer assembly and a handguard when it comes to fire arms parts :) yes the ris handguard is a 'fire arm' part but it is not a integral part of the mechanism like a barrel or trigger assembly, a lot of items are restricted export from the us including things like optics and lights

people are having trouble importing russian optics? I have imported a silly number of russian optics and red dots along with a silly number of real steel ak pars ad have yet to have a problem, yes customs have a look ( that is there job after all before they release any item) and after a few days and an couple of email they are released

your not going to get a fire arms conviction for a railed handguard even if it is real steel ( the fact it is a 'real' item is a mute point really as a lot of the replica parts are perfectly serviceable on a real fire arm these days if you really wanted to )

Puding wrote: »
    ok guys there is a difference between a hammer assembly and a handguard when it comes to fire arms parts :) yes the ris handguard is a 'fire arm' part but it is not a integral part of the mechanism like a barrel or trigger assembly, a lot of items are restricted export from the us including things like optics and lights

people are having trouble importing russian optics? I have imported a silly number of russian optics and red dots along with a silly number of real steel ak pars ad have yet to have a problem, yes customs have a look ( that is there job after all before they release any item) and after a few days and an couple of email they are released

your not going to get a fire arms conviction for a railed handguard even if it is real steel ( the fact it is a 'real' item is a mute point really as a lot of the replica parts are perfectly serviceable on a real fire arm these days if you really wanted to )

That's not completely true....
    Sparks wrote: »
    Technically, an m5 hex bolt is illegally held without a firearms licence since it's a component part of a rifle (you'd only have to add a barrel, trigger mechanism, chamber, bolt and stock to make a firearm from one)........

As you said Pudding, it's not a trigger assembly, but under Irish law it's a component. Irish firearms legislation is a disaster:rolleyes:
    All that needs to happen is some jumped up, cranky git to inspect your package and you could be in trouble. In saying that, it's not to likely to happen :) I'm not trying to put anyone off ordering kit online, but I do believe in knowing what *could* happen.

Puding, the hammer/stock reference was in relation to restricted items availability, not whether they could be imported here. It's something that specifically happened a friend of mine in the US.
    The scope reference was not to imply they couldn't be brought in, just that there was often a kerfuffle in customs when they see them. I've no doubt that they'd send them on, but I'd imagine there'd be a delay and possibly some paperwork to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

The rule I go by is that if Joe Soap could recognize it as a firearms part / mechanisim I will go through a retailer, if not then it should be ok to import.

A RIS system , if handed to anyone on the street , most people wouldnt have a clue what it goes on, what its for or even what it is so should be ok.

That's not completely true....

As you said Pudding, it's not a trigger assembly, but under Irish law it's a component. Irish firearms legislation is a disaster:rolleyes:
    All that needs to happen is some jumped up, cranky git to inspect your package and you could be in trouble. In saying that, it's not to likely to happen :) I'm not trying to put anyone off ordering kit online, but I do believe in knowing what *could* happen.
    I agree that the Irish law could be used to charge someone like this and that is only right as somone could be trying to import parts to be used for illegal activitys , by the same vain a pts miad pistol grip is also a commonent part if you wanted to argue the case

I can only go by my experiance and that has shown me you can get hold of a lot of stuff if you go about it the right way

NakedDex wrote: »
    Puding, the hammer/stock reference was in relation to restricted items availability, not whether they could be imported here. It's something that specifically happened a friend of mine in the US.
    The scope reference was not to imply they couldn't be brought in, just that there was often a kerfuffle in customs when they see them. I've no doubt that they'd send them on, but I'd imagine there'd be a delay and possibly some paperwork to do so.

Sorry I think my post came over the wrong way, I was just trying to explain that items being stopped by customs is not a 'problem' in my books , that is there job after all , I've had to explain a large number of time why I want an item and what it will be used for, as I said in my books not really a problem

if you want bits like this you just need to be willing to wait, jump though some hops and workbwithin the system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Puding wrote: »
    I agree that the Irish law could be used to charge someone like this and that is only right as somone could be trying to import parts to be used for illegal activitys , by the same vain a pts miad pistol grip is also a commonent part if you wanted to argue the case

I can only go by my experiance and that has shown me you can get hold of a lot of stuff if you go about it the right way
    Puding I'm looking to get my hands on a Kobra reddot.Would you know anywhere I would find them ? Iv found one looking for 130 sterling.Would this be a reasonable price ?

Advertisement