Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

If it is real ( lot of people trying to pass the clone off as real ) you got a good price , you used to be able to pick them up for under 200usd but they have gone up to 400usd + over the last year if you can find them at all

can post some links tonight as I'm at work at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

[QUOTE=
    Puding
    ;71813287]If it is real ( lot of people trying to pass the clone off as real ) you got a good price , you used to be able to pick them up for under
    200usd
    but they have gone up to
    400usd
    + over the last year if you can find them at all

can post some links tonight as I'm at work at the moment[/QUOTE]Ya its the real deal.I seen the clones and there ****.Cheers for the links when you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

damagegt would definately pick one up for that price if I was in your shoes. Apparently the company producing the cobra sight have stopped selling to the civilian market to concentrate on the military sector. Which is one of the reasons the price has soared.

damagegt would definately pick one up for that price if I was in your shoes. Apparently the company producing the cobra sight have stopped selling to the civilian market to concentrate on the military sector. Which is one of the reasons the price has soared.
    Ya i was thinking that.I contacted Tantal andthey told me they lost there contract to sell some russian optics but they might get it back in the future but that was nearly a year agoand I havent heard anything back from them.

Tantal shut down at the end of last year. Which was a bit disappointing considering some of the stock they had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the owner or a member of the owners family had been having medical problems for some time together with the normal problems of dealing with russian suppliers meant they closed :(

Thanks for the info Puding. Ah well the red alliance forums are good for obscure parts and gear.
    Also VFC's latest is looking nice
    ASW338.jpg

[QUOTE=
    Puding
    ;71816443]the owner or a member of the owners family had been having medical problems for some time together with the normal problems of dealing with
    russian
    suppliers meant they closed :([/QUOTE]I was talking to his daughter last and she said they were thinking about continuing the business but as I said I haven't heard anything in nearly a year.

I wonder what came of there stock ????

damagegt wrote: »
    I was talking to his daughter last and she said they were thinking about continuing the business but as I said I haven't heard anything in nearly a year.

I wonder what came of there stock ????
    They sold most of it off on gunbroker if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Thanks for the info Puding. Ah well the red alliance forums are good for obscure parts and gear.
    ASW338.jpg

oh god I want one......NOW goddammit!!!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Why is it covered in rails? Surely it only needs one on the top of the reciever and one short one on the underside of the handguard near the front.

Also, maybe I'm missing something but it lacks any way of attaching a sling without using rails.

Less, it really is more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Laser designators... PEQ etc. attachment of target computer... allsorts of modern gizmos.

(dont forget the tactical teacup holder!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

And a magazine for the Rich Teas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Firekitten wrote: »
    (dont forget the tactical teacup holder!)

Well now. I know what I'm building in work tomorrow. Off to the CNC machine I go.

I really like that AWS. I'm not sure why. I'm not normally one for pistol-grip bolties, but that could tempt me enough to buy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    APO_ActionSportGames_airsoftASW-6.jpg

oh god I want one......NOW goddammit!!!!

Or make that two? ;) haha :p

Now, back on topic, apart from the colour I quite like the look of this. I would probably try a digital camo paintjob on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

ASW338.jpg

Well hello there, you little minx, you.

CpcRc wrote: »
    I would probably try a digital camo paintjob on it though.

I have never, and will never, understand the allure of painting a terrible camo pattern on your rifle.

I do like it, but the tan bothers me. I'm sure a black version would be available too though. OD might be interesting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

NakedDex wrote: »

Well now. I know what I'm building in work tomorrow. Off to the CNC machine I go.

I really like that AWS. I'm not sure why. I'm not normally one for pistol-grip bolties, but that could tempt me enough to buy one.

Agreed. It's up there with the M200.

<sigh> I loathe being unemployed when there are so many wonderful toys out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

In love with the 338 since i seen photo's of it a few weeks back. Anyone have any price details on it yet?

• Advertisement

Too many people like it now. I hate it. It's become mainstream.

/hipster.

I don't really care so much about the price as wanting to know the performance. I've never seen VFC doing bolties before, so it should be interesting. If the performance is good, it'll be something I'd consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Well if they start talking M200 price range it will stay a thing of wanting and not one of owning. Supposedly VSR internals so even if a kit was available so i could transfer my internals into it that could be an option either.

Saw prices of $600 being mentioned yet reckon this will come down a nice bit since ASG are distributing it and they won't want to narrow their customer base.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Saw prices of $600 being mentioned yet reckon this will come down a nice bit since ASG are distributing it and they won't want to narrow their customer base.

$600 is around €415 ..... which is around the price a VFC Scar will set you back, or any of the higher end, mid-range assault rifles.

That ain't a bad price (assuming that the bolty is made to the same quality that VFC are reputed for providing and it performs adequately at least) so I don't see why people would want to moan over it. Those who do would also do so for a €100 clone m4 anyway, and are most likely dismissed as a potential target market by VFC as a consequence. So I really doubt ASG are going to lower the price ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

And a magazine for the Rich Teas
    challenge-accepted.png

Lemming wrote: »
    $600 is around €415 ..... which is around the price a VFC Scar will set you back, or any of the higher end, mid-range assault rifles.

That ain't a bad price (assuming that the bolty is made to the same quality that VFC are reputed for providing and it performs adequately at least) so I don't see why people would want to moan over it. Those who do would also do so for a €100 clone m4 anyway, and are most likely dismissed as a potential target market by VFC as a consequence. So I really doubt ASG are going to lower the price ...

Lemming...since when in Ireland did $600 equate to €415 :)
    By the time taxes, excise & vat and retailers cut is added on it's more like $600 = €600 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

http://www.airsoft2day.com/news/49-the-famous-vfc-apo-asw338-lm.html

Seems Like it's a bit more than 600 dollars! Sadly!!
    It's by far up there as one of the purdiest pieces I've seen. Loveleh:p

http://www.airsoft2day.com/news/49-the-famous-vfc-apo-asw338-lm.html

Seems Like it's a bit more than 600 dollars! Sadly!!
    It's by far up there as one of the purdiest pieces I've seen. Loveleh:p

ouch..that's pricey enough...I'd want to be getting the 2 blondes with it for that price ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

ouch..that's pricey enough...I'd want to be getting the 2 blondes with it for that price ;)

Lol my thoughts exactly!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't. They'd need more maintenance than an '80s Alfa Romeo.

Advertisement