Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Gatling wrote: »
    issues of multible marks from a days play can lead to abuse ie marshal he's not taking his hits looks there's where i hit him ,60-70 players with markers going to get messy for sorting cheats from stupid accuseations look i hit him behind a mound 200 metres away shooting with a blindfold

this could be solved by haaving different colours for different rounds as the day progresses

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

issues of multible marks from a days play can lead to abuse ie marshal he's not taking his hits looks there's where i hit him ,60-70 players with markers going to get messy for sorting cheats from stupid accuseations look i hit him behind a mound 200 metres away shooting with a blindfold

No more so than paintball. Besides, most marshalls have at least an ounce of common sense to be able to tell the difference.

Moreover, there is a psychological effect. A person who thinks that the world can see the guilt written on him is more inclined to play honestly. the genuine cheaters will be exposed in next to know time by dint of them ignoring the fact that their ACU has developed an unusual shade of bright orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

I would think an over looked aspect of these marker bbs could be coating versus mesh googles...would it be possible for the pigment to hit the mesh and "splash" through like dust or powder?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

No more so than paintball. Besides, most marshalls have at least an ounce of common sense to be able to tell the difference..

its not the marshals its the bob lee swagger wannna be's id be more worried about

and F.L has a very valid point for mesh users

its not the marshals its the bob lee swagger wannna be's id be more worried about

Thats what a whistle and a quick booting from the game are for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Cheaters never prosper, or make friends.

If its simply a colored lubricant that could be great, but I'll prefer playing games with respected players and friends to relying on a tiny red mark somewhere on someones bdu.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

I would think an over looked aspect of these marker bbs could be coating versus mesh googles...would it be possible for the pigment to hit the mesh and "splash" through like dust or powder?

More likely to fragment and enter the eyes through a mesh mask. Pity, I alwalys preferred mesh. Does this mean Glass/Poly only where these 'marker bb's' are used ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

had a thought if there going to leave marks on equipment there also going to leave marks on anything else they hit, e.g tress, not good for the wood land sites where bio bbs are in force and we are trying to keep your footprint to a minimum

also its easy to get hit sometimes on areas that you do not feel it, goes this mean in a cheater because this bb show i was hit on the radio on the back of my vest?

Puding wrote: »
    had a thought if there going to leave marks on equipment there also going to leave marks on anything else they hit, e.g tress, not good for the wood land sites where bio bbs are in force and we are trying to keep your footprint to a minimum

also its easy to get hit sometimes on areas that you do not feel it, goes this mean in a cheater because this bb show i was hit on the radio on the back of my vest?

Captain: You've been shot son!
    Soldier: Nah Sir, it hit the back of my vest so I'm pretending it didnt.
    Insurgent: Not fair! You're supposed to die! I've spent all this time lining up a shot and you just go and ignore it? Thats it, I'm taking my terrorist behavior and going home!

On a serious note, no it doesnt make you a cheater. Thats an honest mistake. 3-4 bb marks on the back of a vest however would be suspicious, 7-8 marks would indicate tht you are either cheating or have lost all sensation in one side of your body (at which point the issue of whether or not you are a cheater is probably the least of your concerns).

I think the "dye" that is being used is not going to be a toxic one and that the rounds themselves will not disintegrate on impact. I doubt a strike to mesh woould dislodge enough powder to cause you problems with your eyes but it would certainly be worth checking. It's likely to have the consistency ot talc when shocked so the dye itself wont be harmful (they spray paint trees and it does them no harm) however I wonder if the BB's temselves will be bio-friendly because if they arent then this whole discussion is moot with regards to bio-only sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Just turns airsoft into a form of paintball..... *sigh*

If you even consider using them it brings into call the whole honesty rule of airsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Personnaly i wouldnt like to try paint bbs myself, i work in a paintball sight and its an apsolute pain in the arse trying to clean paint off the guns..... Your all talking about getting it off your vests and clothes but your guns are going to be hit aswell and those paintballs are very very greasy even when you wipe it off the gun it is still going to be extremly greasy......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Whether it shows a cheater, innocent mistake, cunning sniper or whatever is largely irrelevant:rolleyes:
    The most serious issue concerning the use of these is safety.

The point has already been made regarding mesh goggles and it's the only valid issue regarding these bb's.

It doesnt matter if it's powder, food colouring or whatever. You get anything in your eyes that's not supposed to be there and it's a trip to emergency.If some clown uses them on an airsoft site where mesh goggles are being worn -they should be banned for plain stupidity.:mad:

Dont get me wrong - I think the idea's ok, but it's been around for years: it's called paintball.

Like the lethal "tic-tac" bio's which were banned from use at hrta over a year ago, these should be given the same treatment - except maybe where 100% sealed poly-goggles are compulsory.

Safety is the number one issue when it comes to airsoft - no compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

^^^ what he said.

Also, lubricant on my hop? I'll pass. I'll keep my dry bbs and put some trust in the people I'm hitting. The only thing I'd even consider these for would be grenades/mines.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Also, granted that the "markings" from these bb's it coated on the outside, does this not mean that residue, and essentially paint ( or whatever it is ) will be dislodged from the bb and left in your aeg from its point of travelling through the mag, the hop up and down the barrell?

Also, i didnt realise these were powdery, assumed paint. I wouldnt mind having powdery **** on my kit. I just think it takes away from the game, to implement these to find cheaters? its a sad day for airsoft....granted cheating is spiralling out of control, i dont think this is a solution :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭moggser

im syre the next crazy idea will be some quazer effort with a target on the chest for all to aim at?
    powder or paint bb's aint gonna work i dont think its my view ya dont have to agree but dont frown at the screen thinkin who does he think he is lol

any way getting rid of cheaters is next to impossible their always gonna be there, marshals will have to be plenty full and on the money with the judgement with out the "cheater checking" carry on that some impose it only confuse's a player who might be in a good spot to be cheater checked then give up his/her place then to be told its ok that was me checking any way thats all fingers are sore now lol:D

original wanted a tm version of this a long long time ago when i was living in england :)

guayguaygs5500402bp8.jpg

moggser wrote: »
    im syre the next crazy idea will be some quazer effort with a target on the chest for all to aim at?
    powder or paint bb's aint gonna work i dont think its my view ya dont have to agree but dont frown at the screen thinkin who does he think he is lol

any way getting rid of cheaters is next to impossible their always gonna be there, marshals will have to be plenty full and on the money with the judgement with out the "cheater checking" carry on that some impose it only confuse's a player who might be in a good spot to be cheater checked then give up his/her place then to be told its ok that was me checking any way thats all fingers are sore now lol:D

just to point out something to you ...

You only get cheater checked if you have been doing something to attract attention to your self. Its not done at random.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You only get cheater checked if you have been doing something to attract attention to your self. Its not done at random.

it is when andy is marshalling., lol.,
    a pain in the balls too, he always seems to do it at the worst times and all., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That has largely changed in recent months. Not having a pop or anything, but I probably skirmish alot more then you and am a regular skirmisher 3 times a week.

It is done completely at random, although marshalls sometimes will obviously target someone.

In the last 3 weeks ive had numerous cheater checks performed on me, alot at the warehouse. And its just random, i take my hit, told play on, done with. It is better that it is done at random, to everyone, so even regulars get kept on their toes.

hive again no pop at you so dont take it that way and dominate me with you +100 helm of linguistic skills

• Advertisement

That has largely changed in recent months. Not having a pop or anything, but I probably skirmish alot more then you and am a regular skirmisher 3 times a week.

It is done completely at random, although marshalls sometimes will obviously target someone.

In the last 3 weeks ive had numerous cheater checks performed on me, alot at the warehouse. And its just random, i take my hit, told play on, done with. It is better that it is done at random, to everyone, so even regulars get kept on their toes.

hive again no pop at you so dont take it that way and dominate me with you +100 helm of linguistic skills

/helm ... kidding. (And sod off I've been sick).

Frankly cheater-checking when we first started using it was done to test whether someone was a compulsive cheating knob-head. Randomly popping at someone disrupts the game and isnt fair. Especially when it can give your position away or take your eyes off the job.

If someone gets a complaint that they are ignoring hits, or you have seen them mysteriously invulnerable to hits (and yes, everyone knows who does it) that when you should take a pop at them just to prove the point. Sometimes it turns out the guy is taking his hits (fabric, bouncing off the mag pouch whatever the excuse). Sometimes they look at where you shot them and ten keep firing - thats when they get a respawn or bounced.

Random though is too much of a disruption and is an excuse for bored marshals to amuse themselves at the expense of the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I agree, i got "cheater checked" once while carrying the bomb in a game with another player, as ya know it takes 2 people to transport the bomb.

so anyway, i get shot so i immediatly drop my end and stick up my hand. by the time it was clear to me i had been cheater checked, my team mate who was carrying it with me had got shot coz he was left alone in the open and even though i was alive, i couldnt transport the bomb by myself.,:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

ive often caught marshals taking aim at me when im sneaking or flanking lol...the only time i got really surprised by it was when andy shot me in the back of the head lol, i was the closest to our spawn and when i got hit i was like crap we jsut got falnked, then andy was standing there going its alright bora go on i didnt mean to hit youre head lol...hes accurate with that sniper...there was the day where i was asked to cheater check my own team mate by a marshal as his aeg wasnt working, i hit the guy 3 times, and he just crawled back behind a bush lol, thats when i realised how important it is to cheater check

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭moggser

just to point something out to you as masada said it is when andys marshalling so there is my point ya dont have to be doing anything at all and you shall be ping'd by him for his amusment:)

just to point something out to you as masada said it is when andys marshalling so there is my point ya dont have to be doing anything at all and you shall be ping'd by him for his amusment:)

Well thats not on and you can take it from someone who was marshalling before Andy started that you can say it to Paul. Marshals are not above the law and if they are deliberately disrupting a game for stupid reasons they shouldnt be marshalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Well thats not on and you can take it from someone who was marshalling before Andy started that you can say it to Paul. Marshals are not above the law and if they are deliberately disrupting a game for stupid reasons they shouldnt be marshalling.

if anyone has a problem take it up with the person or site owner posting on here is downright stupid especialy when this thread has nothing to do with marshal's or marshaling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

/me looks around for the topic?

Topic? Anyone? Anyone seen a small topic running around here anywhere?

=====

Product :WELL MP5K automatic GBB SMG

Source http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3378
    A.C.M. ('Well') MP5K all plastic gas blow back (gbb) sub-machine gun comes with a sheet steel short magazine. With safe, semi and full-auto fire selection performs very well and smooth.

Price: USD58.49

gun_04151233831257498ac5591b187.jpg
    gun_0415_21233831257498ac5592381d.jpg

=====

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Masada wrote: »
    it is when andy is marshalling., lol.,
    a pain in the balls too, he always seems to do it at the worst times and all., :D

wanna put this straight lads havent cheater checked since september last. and for hivemind if its out of boredom of a marshal get your facts straight if someone aproaches you and points someone out to you for cheating you will check them for it at somepoint in the day. as for doing this for amuesment cop on lads we're all adults although some people not going to name names from other teams/organisations have tried to bully other players for other causes.as for random dont know where you got this. Also where have i ever said marshals were above the law never have only person that like to think that he is the law seems to be you oh a cue the 3000 word rant

• Advertisement

<self snip>

Advertisement