Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

How is the trigger activating this moseft? *curious*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

It hit's a small momentray switch IIRC.

Sound. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

For those interested in Pencott

http://soldiersystems.net/2011/05/31/specops-pl-receives-first-shipment-of-pencott-camo/

First garments available for sale to public late summer. The other authorised EU retailer is SOD Gear in Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Have been looking at these for a while, but they are never in stock!!
    I think they are accepting pre-orders, but I hate ordering in advance.
    MagicIRL wrote: »
    New Raptor MOSFET that replaces the trigger assembly in the gearbox.
    index.php?option=com_joomgallery&view=image&format=raw&id=348&type=img

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Rooky1 wrote: »
    Have been looking at these for a while, but they are never in stock!!
    I think they are accepting pre-orders, but I hate ordering in advance.

I preordered them over two months ago and they finally shipped yesterday :D
    Expect a revew as soon as they arrive (next week hopefully!).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

lperrozzi wrote: »
    I preordered them over two months ago and they finally shipped yesterday :D
    Expect a revew as soon as they arrive (next week hopefully!).

woohoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Not to disparage MagicIRL, and as lovely as that AK looks... Just thought that if you were new to airsoft, reading the news thread, you'd think AEGs had gone the way of the dinosaurs with all the gas guns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I think I will ave me one of those when they come out! the action looks
    lovely.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

bullets wrote: »
    I think I will ave me one of those when they come out! the action looks
    lovely.

~B

I think you have enough guns by now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I think you have enough guns by now :P

My addiction to buying airsoft guns is like an addiction to crack cocaine! :D

~B

~B
    No it's not - it's more expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Leftyflip wrote: »
    No it's not - it's more expensive!

Plus, people understand a cocaine addiction ;)

~B
    Saving up your pennies to buy more white stuff to feed your habbit.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

MagicIRL wrote: »

I met Mr. Chan in Germany a few months back, he's an absolute character, legend of a man. You think the Irish are bad, he'd talk the ear off you. :pac:

AK looks promising.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Link below to an acticle as it appeared in the Sunday Independant, Today.
    Nothing new here but just thought I'd post it.
    Could have been written two years ago to be honest!!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-to-crack-down-on-pellet-gun-sellers-2672704.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

The constant use of the word "weapon" annoyed me more than anything else in that article.

And there was no mention of the words, "Sport" or, "Hobby".

But - they mentioned that they are "harmless", which is a step up from some other articles...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

There's no photo on that link but in the paper there's a photo of a kid no more than 10 years old holding an orange coloured shotgun up in the air with his back to the camera.The text below reads: ARMED: and dangerous?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

ricka wrote: »
    Link below to an acticle as it appeared in the Sunday Independant, Today.
    Nothing new here but just thought I'd post it.
    Could have been written two years ago to be honest!!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-to-crack-down-on-pellet-gun-sellers-2672704.html

was looking for this heard word of it but couldn't remember the paper cheers :)

Stonewolf wrote: »
    The constant use of the word "weapon" annoyed me more than anything else in that article.

and a pellet gun at that, it's a BB gun
    Leftyflip wrote: »
    But - they mentioned that they are "harmless", which is a step up from some other articles...

true enough so hopefully people will eventually accept it a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

T4RGET wrote: »
    and a pellet gun at that, it's a BB
    No, it's not. A BB gun refers to 4.5mm ball bearings shaped pellets. Airsoft guns are airsoft guns - specifically designed to be low powered for sporting use. They are their own cateogry

Inari wrote: »
    No, it's not. A BB gun refers to 4.5mm ball bearings shaped pellets. Airsoft guns are airsoft guns - specifically designed to be low powered for sporting use. They are their own cateogry

always thought the pellet gun was the sporting one and the BB gun was our airsoft rifle? information i was told is obviously way off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Pellets, in the traditional sense, are shaped lead rounds used in air powered rifles of calibres .177, .20 and .22. They come in such varieties as dome, wadcutter and hollowpoint, and are commonly used for target shooting (I used .177 for Olympic grade open-sight shooting) and small game hunting (rabbits etc) and pest control (rats, crows etc).

BB refers to a dimension of metallic spherical shot. The three most common of these are B, BB and BBB. Found as components in other firearms, as well as in use in air-powered arms by themselves, these shot are commonly found in low power weapons produced by companies like Daisy, and - in various dimensions - as the projectile of a shotgun round.

Airsoft, on the other hand, has a completely different calibre and system relying on an entirely different set of materials and physical effects. Disregarding physical appearance, it has more in common with a Nerf gun than a BB rifle or pellet gun.

So... what should we call our ammunition?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Ammo? Rounds? Ammunition? Valkyries? Elephants of Hannibals Personal Retinue? My Little Friends?

Call them what you want. As long as the devices themselves aren't misrepresented in the public eye, who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

apparantly teh DOJ made an announcement today aboutairsoft, regulation etc. not too sure what my missues mentioned she'd heard something on he 9am rtenews this morning, cant find anything yet though

EDIT:

chances are its the same as whats in the indo article above

in case anyone can't follow the link or what not:
    Indo wrote:
    THE Department of Justice is setting up a register to license the sale of 'Airsoft' pellet guns -- plastic imitations of handguns and rifles -- that are being legally sold across the country.

The weapons, costing from €20 for a single-shot handgun up to €400 for a fully automatic imitation military assault rifle, are causing a craze among teenagers and young boys.

Gardai are concerned about the weapons, some of which cannot be distinguished from the real thing, and are warning that people who buy the weapons should be aware that it is an offence to have one in a public place under the Criminal Justice Act of 2009. It carries a punishment of up to a year in prison and a fine of up to €5,000.

Once the department's register is set up, gardai will visit premises, including those of online sellers, and take samples for inspection.

One dealer who opened up recently in Dublin city centre told the Sunday Independent his imitation weapons had been inspected and were perfectly legal. The young Chinese man had an array of handguns and rifles including a copy of the Steyr rifle used by the Army, the British army's SA80 and various US weapons. The shop was displaying a copy of an AK47.

Gardai are concerned about the guns, which they find regularly and seize during raids on the homes suspected criminals. A high proportion of weapons seized are sent for ballistic analysis each year.

In Dublin, gardai regularly advise young people that they should not have imitations in public places.

The main concern is in areas where there is gun crime and feuding and where armed gardai are on constant duty.

Teenage boys were last week firing the weapons at dogs in Dublin's north inner city, an area where there has been feuding for the past four years and where armed gardai are constantly on the streets.

The weapons are generally harmless hitting skin but can cause serious eye injury. They fire plastic pellets at a power of just under one joule -- the weight-per-velocity measurement over which a weapon is legally regarded as a firearm.

In a statement on the 'Airsoft' or 'BB' imitation firearms, the Department of Justice said: "The Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 provides for the regulation of realistic imitation firearms such as Airsoft. The Act made it an offence to possess a realistic imitation firearm in a public place and made the use of Airsoft at specified venues subject to authorisation by a garda superintendent.

"At present there are no restrictions on the selling of Airsoft. However, the Department is in the process of setting up a register to license dealers of Airsoft."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Excellent...looks like a pretty sensible law and it's no harm to stop Joe Soap down the market selling crap airsoft springers etc and young kids running around with them.

One worry is about private sales such as those on airsoft adverts...any clues how that is going to work or was it even mentioned to the DoJ?

Advertisement